Pre Production Cars & #'s

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Interesting stuff... So does the PP in PP011 stand for preproduction or pilot production?
PP stands for pre production :thumbsup: Some early pre production builds are also pilot builds. The pilot builds are done at the NMPDC or pilot plant built in station and not on an assembly line.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Interesting stuff... So does the PP in PP011 stand for preproduction or pilot production?
After numerous meetings with various levels of Ford management including conversations with a key manager at the FR assembly plant it is my understanding that the "PP" stands for "Pilot Production" and is 1 of 4 levels of pre production cars.

See post #5 which hopefully outlines what I have learned over the last 5 years of meetings with Ford.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
Pilot, Pre, it's all the same - I don't think Ford keeps a special acronym dictionary (like we do in my business - Military stuff). In my work, it would most likely be referred to as LRIP (Low Rate Initial Production).

Skillman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
After numerous meetings with various levels of Ford management including conversations with a key manager at the FR assembly plant it is my understanding that the "PP" stands for "Pilot Production" and is 1 of 4 levels of pre production cars.

See post #5 which hopefully outlines what I have learned over the last 5 years of meetings with Ford.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks!

Ford used mine at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show but that’s all I know about PP011.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thanks!

Ford used mine at the 2016 Chicago Auto Show but that’s all I know about PP011.
Typically none of the PP cars would come with an Owners Kit but in some cases Ford Performance will issue a "Certificate of Authenticity" for some of these cars so might be worth looking into.

I would suggest to ask your local Ford dealership to issue you an Oasis Report for your car as this report will tell you exactly when your car was born along with the warranty start and end date and any potential warranty work done on your car during it's early life.

If you haven't already I would order a "Munroney Label" (Window Sticker) for your car as nice to have either displayed in your garage of just kept with the rest of your files for this car.

Also, very few but some PP cars either do not have a VIN stamped into the engine block pad or on the transmission block pad therefore it might be a good idea to check both of those areas out in order to see if they have a VIN stamped into those areas.

Lastly, some pre production engines are manually marked by engine plant (in my case the Essex engine plant in Windsor and in your case the Romeo engine plant) as to what number of pre production engine is in the car and usually marked around the water pump area. Not sure if that is the case with your car but worth checking out.

The picture attached is for pre production engine #10 which is from my 2012 Boss 302 (PP0002) with this engine assembled back on August 3rd, 2010.

Hope some of this information helps you understand your car a little better.

;)
DSCF0801.JPG

Sponsored

Skillman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Thank you! You're correct - I checked with Ford Performance and the PP cars do not get the Owners Kit or books. Who shall I ask for the Munroney Label? Thanks again - great info!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Thank you! You're correct - I checked with Ford Performance and the PP cars do not get the Owners Kit or books. Who shall I ask for the Munroney Label? Thanks again - great info!
You can go to fordshowparts.com and they can help you out but if it was me I would go back to the dealership that sold you this car and ask them to supply you with a window sticker along with an owners manual and if need be ask them to help you out with floor mats and a car cover if you don't already have them.

:cool:

Skillman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
You can go to fordshowparts.com and they can help you out but if it was me I would go back to the dealership that sold you this car and ask them to supply you with a window sticker along with an owners manual and if need be ask them to help you out with floor mats and a car cover if you don't already have them.

:cool:
I got the PP car at the Detroit auction in June. Ford released 3 PP cars and I got the first one that went through. So I'm on my own.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I got the PP car at the Detroit auction in June. Ford released 3 PP cars and I got the first one that went through. So I'm on my own.
If you bought your car through Manheim in Detroit then just go through your local Ford dealership as they can help you out otherwise reach out to shopfordgear.com

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Do these PP cars come with a warranty?

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Do these PP cars come with a warranty?
Yes, these vehicles at least all of the ones that I have been involved with come with a regular warranty power train warranty along with the first year warranty as well with the warranty typically starting from the time these cars are auctioned off through Manhein Auto Auctions after which time usually get sold to the general public shortly thereafter.

An Oasis Report will confirm the start and end warranty date for these cars.

:cheers:

Horsepowerdad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt and 1964.5 Mustang
Hello I have a 2019 Bullitt PP016 and trying to find out if it is truly special and I should just park it, sell it or just drive it as I originally planned. It is an amazing car and I love it but it looks as if I accidentally get a "pre-Production" car.
Sponsored