Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Excellent write up Ryan. I'll be very interested in your diff. temp readings before you install the cooler to it. I don't recall another Tech pack owner posting their un-cooled diff readings since no temp sensor was installed in tech pack cars from the factory. (At least not to my knowledge) I was amazed at how much hotter my cars tech pack trans ran when chasing two friends of mine in their track pack 350's on a course we plotted in the N. Tex area near Oklahoma. In the heat of the blistering TX summer, running fairly hard for 30 to 45 minutes between pit stops, my trans readings averaged 230 compared to their 130. I've never experienced limp mode, but it bugs the crap out of me worrying about what long term damage to the diff is happening every time I play road racer. Again, great job on your post.
Sponsored

drudge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TT RS / GT350
Module Address Value 1 Value 2 Value 3 Effect Model Year Package

IPC 720-06-01 7F6D 9664 9EB2 Both Axle and Trans Oil Temp Display All
Has the Tech Pack temp-sensors for that?

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Has the Tech Pack temp-sensors for that?
The trans temp will immediately show up in the gauge cluster when you make the forscan mod as the trans already has the sensor, the axle temp will not show up. The axle (diff) is already drilled/tapped for a sensor, but does not come with one. Go back and study post #735. No derogatory intent here, I just summarized it there so will be helpful to read it and see my pics, particularly my last pic there, look at the far left of the diagram, you will see temp sensor part number, connection harness number, and wire routing/connection instructions.

Disclaimer- I am not responsible for discovering any of this awesome info allowing us tech pack owners to become tech/track pack owners... I am just summarizing the work of geniuses on here!:hail:

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you're not afraid of picking up some kind of disease, you might venture into the non-GT350 parts of the forum, where we have this awesome thread. Believe it or not, your GT350 shares electronics with lesser cars.

From that thread we have some users that have created some good spreadsheets of as-built mods:

Fionic's sheet - no longer maintained
Another sheet - not sure if maintained
@StangATX 's website - community supported

Also, if you're on the F150Forum, the spreadsheet those guys maintain has a bunch of stuff that may apply to your car. Ford goes to the "parts bin" so to speak with it comes to the firmware on their modules - oftentimes, the as-built for a given line on a module works exactly the same across models.
LOL, I don't mind spending time with the common folks. ;)

Thanks for the links!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Excellent write up Ryan. I'll be very interested in your diff. temp readings before you install the cooler to it. I don't recall another Tech pack owner posting their un-cooled diff readings since no temp sensor was installed in tech pack cars from the factory. (At least not to my knowledge)........ I've never experienced limp mode, but it bugs the crap out of me worrying about what long term damage to the diff is happening every time I play road racer. Again, great job on your post.
Hey [MENTION=8514]TexasOilMoney[/MENTION], see this post by [MENTION=29216]jwb[/MENTION] for info on diff temps without a cooler installed:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1985132&postcount=174

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Why would there be subtle differences between asbuilt data files from the same year and trim cars? My 2016 Track Pack GT350 is not the same as other files I've seen. The differences in various fields are slight, but they are there.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
If you've still got that non-GT350 bezel, unfortunately I don't think there's any realistic way to turn one of those switches into a exhaust mode toggle. The bezel has a circuit board and actually sends CAN signals when you hit the switches. So the regular bezel sends signals for hazards, TC, steering, and drive mode, and nothing you can do to change that. Not like the old days where a switch would be hooked up to some wires that ran to a central module. Like say you wanted to change the redundant steering toggle into an exhaust toggle. If I had to guess, the steering button on your wheel and the non-GT350 bezel actually send the exact same CAN signal. So even if you somehow managed to flash other modules to interpret that signal differently (which nobody knows how to do, to my knowledge) now your steering feel button on the wheel would also work differently and you'd have no way to adjust it. See the problem?
Was this ever confirmed? I have a 2016 Track Pack and am about to swap Sync 3, but I have a "regular" premium bezel, not an 8" bezel specific to the GT350. Before I tear everything apart, I would like to confirm if I need the GT350 specific bezel to make the exhaust toggle work

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Was this ever confirmed? I have a 2016 Track Pack and am about to swap Sync 3, but I have a "regular" premium bezel, not an 8" bezel specific to the GT350. Before I tear everything apart, I would like to confirm if I need the GT350 specific bezel to make the exhaust toggle work
Yes you need a GT350 bezel, not a GT bezel. Also make sure you get the right version - your tech pack came without heated seats so you need an 8" bezel for a car without heated seats. By the way, it's called a Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) in case the parts guy looks at you funny when you ask for a bezel.

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Thanks for that info. Anybody got one for sale?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Why would there be subtle differences between asbuilt data files from the same year and trim cars? My 2016 Track Pack GT350 is not the same as other files I've seen. The differences in various fields are slight, but they are there.
The VIN appears in a few places, I think I linked to my documentation of that several posts back.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yes, you did. I'll bet that's it. I'll compare the locations and verify. Thanks!!

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Thanks for that info. Anybody got one for sale?
I'm doing the swap soon too. I have been told the Shelby Bezel is currently out of stock but should be available in about a week, $425