Sponsored

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
don't know. Probably dealership, for warranty repair. I am surprised you smell raw fuel and it didn't toggle a check engine light - CEL.
it did . i got the codes , says something wrong with the purge valve

took it to dealer said nothing special if the cel come up again bring it back again :|

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Tobey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Vert
Check your air filter. Check the tire pressure. But those probably aren't the primary cause. They can cause a small decrease in mileage, but it sounds like you experienced a large decrease.

Does the engine temperature gauge come up to normal temperature? If the temp sensor never tells the engine that it has warmed up, it can run overly rich. Does it blow black smoke, or is there soot on the bumper near the tailpipes?

Someone already mentioned a possible bad catalytic converter. That usually causes some driveability issues also. Does it seem to run fine, other than the bad mileage?

One thing it's not is a dirty MAF. The 3.7L V6 doesn't use one.

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
did they see the code? If you smell raw fuel, and there is a code, I am not sure why they did not swap the part :

https://repairpal.com/estimator/ford/mustang/canister-purge-valve-replacement-cost
honestly there was cods [ i got them , but i dont have them with me at the moment till next 10 days ]

one was about the purge valve some about battery starter and some other minor things ... the battery was draind so make sense

i got one code reader so i can check it live later what should i look for ?

thanks

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Check your air filter. Check the tire pressure. But those probably aren't the primary cause. They can cause a small decrease in mileage, but it sounds like you experienced a large decrease.

Does the engine temperature gauge come up to normal temperature? If the temp sensor never tells the engine that it has warmed up, it can run overly rich. Does it blow black smoke, or is there soot on the bumper near the tailpipes?

Someone already mentioned a possible bad catalytic converter. That usually causes some driveability issues also. Does it seem to run fine, other than the bad mileage?

One thing it's not is a dirty MAF. The 3.7L V6 doesn't use one.

the car temp is fine , it rises fine ,

the car dose drive fine it feels exactly like before

one thing i notice is that at idle it might shake a bit very very tiny amount or maybe im to sensitive but didnt realize before

im sorry to ask it but how come it dosent have MAF ? how doese the computer realize the amount of air going in

thanks

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
it did . i got the codes , says something wrong with the purge valve

took it to dealer said nothing special if the cel come up again bring it back again :|
did the dealer smell raw fuel ? It doesn't sound like your car would pass an emissions inspection. Owner's Manual says there is a Service Engine light when your turn on the car. And if there is (an issue), it will flash rather than stay solid.

Last edited:
OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
Google "speed density". Just another way to do it.
great thank you for the info , dose it need cleaning like the maf ?

im really sorry for asking this but how come this one has speed density ? i thought its a new thing to have maf and this is a 2015 mustang so would it helpf if i switch it to maf ?

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
did the dealer smell raw fuel ? It doesn't sound like your car would pass an emissions inspection. Owner's Manual says there is a Service Engine light when your turn on the car. And if there is (an issue), it will flash rather than stay solid.
not unfortunately there was no smell at that time

the light came on when i drove some and been waiting at the light and stayed on for a week till i took it to the dealer .... then they removed it and told me to come back if happend again

i can post the codes but i dont have access to them at the moment , ill do in the next 10 days , also ill be getting a code reader for myself so i can post those readings here

thank you

OP
OP

hooman008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
v6 2015 convertible
20180204_122741.jpg

so this is whaat im geting driving with rpm blow 2000

Screenshot_20180204_224204.png

Screenshot_20180204_224150.png

Screenshot_20180204_224613.png

Screenshot_20180204_224529.png

Screenshot_20180204_224445.png

Screenshot_20180204_224334.png

Screenshot_20180204_225116.png

Screenshot_20180204_225047.png

this evap presure was going up and down here and then i dont know should it be like this ?

i appreciate if you please help me with this situation

sorry for the size of pics

also i found the erorr cods that i had and the dealer removed due to engine light and told me to come back if i get the light again the codes are :

b1265
b1266
u3003 x 4 times
u0415
p06e9
p1450
u0401
Sponsored

Last edited: