Sponsored

Wonder if 350 value will go "up" when GT500 is released?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Will the 350 be like the lusted manual 997 GT3s once the purists review what will likely be a DCT GT500? There are things we've learned from experience and history:

- Purists want a manual. No matter what, a large percentage of enthusiasts will demand a 3rd pedal.

- Cars with the kind of HP expected from the next Mustang almost ALWAYS have an automatic of some kind. To be the supercar-crushing monster that we expect this car to be, it's almost mandatory.

So will this push up or at least help maintain a higher value on the 350s? Some people say they don't care but I'm not going to lie - I don't have millions in the bank and a $60k+ car is a lot of money to me. I've never had the luxury of NOT taking a bath on cars in the past so this entire concept intrigues me.
Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
IF...

...they discontinue the 350 after 2018, and IF...

...they don't keep adding GT350-specific features to the Mustang GT, and IF...

...the 5.2 FPC engine proves itself to have longevity, THEN...

...the 350 should hold decent value beyond the next big thing from Ford.

My opinion.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
The GT350 has a lot of features - whether the standard version or the R - that may be on the wane in the auto industry. As you mentioned, a manual gearbox - which will always be a draw for purists - as well as other things like being naturally aspirated, high revving, the flat plane crank with it's unique exhaust note, and (for some of the models) a lack of too many convenience features - i.e., manual seats, small screens, no navigation, etc.... on base models and '16 track pack cars.

Although not rare by measure in the true collector car realm, the GT350 is still a relatively low-unit model, and it's likely that after the 2018MY there won't be any more popping out of Flat Rock. Combined with the use of some as daily drivers and the attendant bumps, bruises, and corrosion that such will bring - as well as catastrophic accidents, there will be less each year. But, the majority will be lovingly cared for - or at the very least decently maintained - and may not get much mileage, so there will likely always be a healthy supply of second-hand cars on the market for years to come.

As such, I doubt you'll see a bump of any sort, but I would expect that the car will probably enjoy a slightly lower rate of depreciation over the years - based on equipment, color, mileage, and condition and will always be fairly easy to sell given market demand and interest. X2 for the R-cars, too.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think a better term will be HOLD its value. Regardless, the Shelby name helps too even if it's warranted or not. Relatively speaking I think it will hold better than the Boss 302 and older GT500's. To be fair, they kinda made a lot of S197 GT500's...

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
I think a better term will be HOLD its value. Regardless, the Shelby name helps too even if it's warranted or not. Relatively speaking I think it will hold better than the Boss 302 and older GT500's. To be fair, they kinda made a lot of S197 GT500's...
I agree

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I wish there was a way I could bet against people who hope their cars will increase in value. They're almost always wrong, but who knows. The original 90's ZR1 had everyone thinking it was bound to become a collectible. You'd cringe if you look at the ebay prices now. Ford GT? You still would have made more money if you just put that money into Apple stock. Fortunately for the Mustang the fan base is so large compared to the relatively limited number of GT350's that were produced that it should help guard against a significant drop in price.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I wish there was a way I could bet against people who hope their cars will increase in value. They're almost always wrong, but who knows. The original 90's ZR1 had everyone thinking it was bound to become a collectible. You'd cringe if you look at the ebay prices now. Ford GT? You still would have made more money if you just put that money into Apple stock. Fortunately for the Mustang the fan base is so large compared to the relatively limited number of GT350's that were produced that it should help guard against a significant drop in price.
I wouldn't bet against you, for sure. Cars are a horrible "investment". When I said "value" - I think, in my mind, I meant desire. I don't really think they are going up in price, but like I said, it excites me that I might not kick kicked in the &*^#$ on this one, even if that means it just depreciates less.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
If you paid msrp then it will hold its value better then a mustang GT. Maybe bottom out in the next few years. We shall see. A low mileage boss 302 has reached a bottom. There over 48,000 Shelby’s out there however. Last year I sold my used 16 350 track car for $57K trade in( paid $57K ) I’d be lucky to get $45K trade in today.
If someone paid $67K then that’s a Hugh depreciation in one year.

Last edited:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I really doubt there will be no manual version of the GT500. Depending on specs I might switch to one of those if available, when market cools down a bit. If not, it's most likely the GT350 for a few more years.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you paid msrp then it will hold its value better then a mustang GT. Maybe bottom out in the next few years. We shall see. A low mileage boss 302 has reached a bottom. There over 48,000 Shelby’s out there however. Last year I sold my used 16 350 track car for $57K trade in . I’d be lucky to get $45K trade in today.
Not really a fair comparison. The rate of depreciation has nothing to do with what you paid for it. If you're upside-down or not, that has everything to do with what you paid :cheers:

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think they will hold value, but ebb and flow in different windows.

For the next few years, it depends on if it's continued in 19, but it will have a different look? Some will upgrade to 500 and it puts a lot of used at dealerships.

Once most of the 350s are around 35K, they will bring in a new batch of drivers and it will depend on how they value it. Color, Tech vs. track, miles on track, etc. Lots of fans out there waiting for a 30K 350.

Long term, I could see 350 being valuable in 15 to 20 years. But, what value will the electric driving era give us? Hard to say with so many unknown factors and the speed of technology.

:cheers:

Zombo

befejezett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack - Race Red, Blk Roof - G5405
If you paid msrp then it will hold its value better then a mustang GT. Maybe bottom out in the next few years. We shall see. A low mileage boss 302 has reached a bottom. There over 48,000 Shelby’s out there however. Last year I sold my used 16 350 track car for $57K trade in . I’d be lucky to get $45K trade in today.
48,000 S550 GT350s? I think that number is way off, maybe more like 20,000, including 2018.

Last edited:

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
48,000 S550 GT350s? I think that number is way off, maybe more like 20,000, including 2018.
I assume he's talking about all Shelby Mustangs.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
It will depend on a mix of these factors:

• How the GT500 handles
    If the GT500 is just a 1/4 mile monster like the Hellcat/Demon then the GT350 will be more appealing to those that like to take turns.
  • 5.2L long term reliability
    If the engine can prove itself as reliable in the long term then this will also help keep prices up. This includes prices to fix a 5.2 FPC vs the 5.0 or GT500's 5.2. If it's a money bucket that won't make it as appealing.
  • If the GT500 has a manual
    If the GT500 is Auto Only then some people just will refuse to consider it.
  • How the upcoming PP2 does against the Shelby in reviews.
    If the PP2 is close enough to the Shelby's handling ability people may not see reason to pay the extra $$ for a car that will be getting parts replaced anyway. They can invest that difference in mods to the 5.0.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
There over 48,000 Shelby’s out there however.
More than that. Ford built almost 11,000 in '07 if I remember right. And the numbers stayed pretty much the same until '13. Basically between 8,000 - 10,000 per year from '07 - '12. Then about 10,000 Trinity powered cars.
Sponsored