Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
[MENTION=14433]jtmat[/MENTION] would really like to know how the Conti perform in your opinion. Please keep us updated!

[MENTION=33050]gmupatriot[/MENTION]

Conti 06's are great... like many already say in the tire section of the website...

I waited to respond to ensure I had enough road time to provide an adequate response. Since purchase I put maybe 200 city miles and 1 hwy road trip of 4 hours (2 hours each way).

There is nothing much to tell, the ride is much better than stock tires, and the grip is definitely solid in wet and dry. While they are not silent, they are seem to provide less road noise than the stock tires (although my stock tires were messed up).

I have one exit I get off and it is one of those sharp half-circles... I had to do it three times, each at a quicker pace. That was surprising... but fun.

Negatives:

Friend asked if I had new tires... said they looked larger. I thought they changed the look of the car, but I did not share that with him or anyone else.

MPG went down slightly... they stick so I have more confidence in turns and in general "fun" driving (guess plus and negative in one). MPG when driving like a "normal person" is the same as before.

I would purchase them again. Although, I would problably pay extra for something more "sporty", if quality the same as the 06's
Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Took it to our first car show. Got lots of compliments and questions. I had the only S550 there.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
:love: +1 Getting some compliments on the louver trim, resembles the LE at first glance.
Man, I love it. Hopefully it comes back in stock soon or there's an alternate source. I searched the usual suspects (chinese sites) and couldn't find anything.

I was generally deeply against side louvers, but these are subtle enough to be a good addition.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overall very well. For NAV I will normally use HERE and it does offline so I don't have to deal with having it tethered. I have a few nitpicky things that could be done better in software. The Ford sync app could be better interface wise but it is nearly redundant since you can pair with the head unit directly. Used with a head unit launcher it is near perfect though.

How do you like your SatNav unit?

Last edited:

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
[MENTION=33050]gmupatriot[/MENTION]

Conti 06's are great... like many already say in the tire section of the website...

I waited to respond to ensure I had enough road time to provide an adequate response. Since purchase I put maybe 200 city miles and 1 hwy road trip of 4 hours (2 hours each way).

There is nothing much to tell, the ride is much better than stock tires, and the grip is definitely solid in wet and dry. While they are not silent, they are seem to provide less road noise than the stock tires (although my stock tires were messed up).

I have one exit I get off and it is one of those sharp half-circles... I had to do it three times, each at a quicker pace. That was surprising... but fun.

Negatives:

Friend asked if I had new tires... said they looked larger. I thought they changed the look of the car, but I did not share that with him or anyone else.

MPG went down slightly... they stick so I have more confidence in turns and in general "fun" driving (guess plus and negative in one). MPG when driving like a "normal person" is the same as before.

I would purchase them again. Although, I would problably pay extra for something more "sporty", if quality the same as the 06's

[MENTION=14433]jtmat[/MENTION]

Thanks for the update!

The current set-up on the GT has Goodyear Eagle F1 ASYMMETRIC ALL-SEASON - SIZE: 265/35R20. Although, a good tire, the ride quality is very harsh. I know that riding around on 20inch rims and low profile tires on a sporty car and expecting a soft ride is unreasonable but I feel these particular tires have a really stiff side wall and I do not drive my car in a manner that requires to have such stiff tires. I wanted to know of the Conti's were a bit softer compared to the Eagle F1's so trying to get some real life input. My other car has Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ and they are an excellent tire but I have not been able to find them in 265/35R20. I will have to step up to 275/35R20 for that and I do not know if they will fit the current rims that are on the car. Thanks again

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
My other car has Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ and they are an excellent tire but I have not been able to find them in 265/35R20. I will have to step up to 275/35R20 for that and I do not know if they will fit the current rims that are on the car. Thanks again
Going up from 265 to 275 (10 mm wider) should be fine, 10 mm isn't much and wouldn't really require a wider wheel.

GenXGeekDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP MM
Just a bit of maintenance today. Waterless wash and detail spray; wipe down interior. Also emptied the catch can, had about 3/4 of an ounce. Unfortunately also found a tear on the lower section on rear side of passenger seat. Hoping warranty covers the tear .

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
@jtmat

Thanks for the update!

The current set-up on the GT has Goodyear Eagle F1 ASYMMETRIC ALL-SEASON - SIZE: 265/35R20. Although, a good tire, the ride quality is very harsh. I know that riding around on 20inch rims and low profile tires on a sporty car and expecting a soft ride is unreasonable but I feel these particular tires have a really stiff side wall and I do not drive my car in a manner that requires to have such stiff tires. I wanted to know of the Conti's were a bit softer compared to the Eagle F1's so trying to get some real life input. My other car has Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ and they are an excellent tire but I have not been able to find them in 265/35R20. I will have to step up to 275/35R20 for that and I do not know if they will fit the current rims that are on the car. Thanks again
The reason you haven't been able to find the Pilot Sport A/S3+ in 265/35R20 is because Michelin doesn't make that tire in that size (see attached PDF file). According to TireRack.com, the Rim Width Range on the Goodyears is 9-10.5". The Rim Width Range on the (275/35R20) Michelins (per the attached file) is 9-11". So if the Goodyears are OK, the 275 Michelins will be OK as well.

Just remember that the the radius of the 275s will be 3.5mm (~9/64") greater than the 265s, so the ride height will increase by that amount. And the speedometer should read about 1.3% low.

Attachments

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just remember that the the radius of the 275s will be 3.5mm (~9/64") greater than the 265s, so the ride height will increase by that amount. And the speedometer should read about 1.3% low.
Speedo will probably be more accurate with 275s because it typically reads slightly high with OEM tires.

Last edited:

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
Got my new wheels - Stance SF07's in 20x10 squared, wrapped in 285/35 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. While waiting for their deliver I painted my calipers with the G2 Ruby Red kit and also painted the rotor hats black.

Big shout out to [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] for the hook up on the wheels and answering all my questions!

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Don't leave it on John. :cheers: Just watch the neighbors car instead, it can etch the clear coat.
Speaking as a neighbor... Washed my car yesterday @ 4pm, and didn't notice that it got a small (1/2") all-white dropping on it when I pulled it in the garage at 9pm. Spotted it this morning and cleaned it off, but found that it had marked the paint already. Even a mild polish didn't fully remove the mark.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speaking as a neighbor... Washed my car yesterday @ 4pm, and didn't notice that it got a small (1/2") all-white dropping on it when I pulled it in the garage at 9pm. Spotted it this morning and cleaned it off, but found that it had marked the paint already. Even a mild polish didn't fully remove the mark.
Believe it or not, some clear coats will dissipate the etched mark with time. Seen it happen before, so just give it a week to see if it goes away on it's own before trying to buff it out.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Organized a massive Car Show with my Car Club, The Board at Bear Republic Brewery out here in the Northbay.

Special thanks to our Car Club Sponsor, Red Line Oil and our host Bear Republic Brewery for making this a great show!

[ame]

42544263085_7790313558_b.jpg

https://flic.kr/s/aHskEBTnmo

It was an amazing event with lots of great cars and prizes given away! Thank you to everyone that participated.
Sponsored

Last edited: