Sponsored

Spec clutch review..

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Great feedback, thank you. I almost wonder if I can get away with a plai stage 2 as I don't track the car.
Probably, my stock clutch was fine until I tried a second gear start. I would call spec and see if they thought the driveability would be better with the stage 2, or the stage 2+ w/ hybrid. The stage2+ Is rated at 705 torque... mine dyno’d pretty high torque wise for a whipple with the tweaked tune, but wasn’t close to 705..

The stage 3+ is a metallic faced clutch.. its going to break shit.j
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah the Spec Stage 3+ is not for the faint of heart.

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Someone asked for comments on their experience with the Spec Stage 3+ clutch a while back and I gave it to them. I said that it clamps like a gorilla on steroids. It's on and off making it hard to feather. I personally loved the clutch on my 03 Cobra. I have thought about getting one for my Roush.

Edit:
Oh a couple of questions, were you running an aluminum flywheel and did you have to change the output shaft of the MT82?

I actually really liked the clutch, didn't mind the way it drove at all but I guess its just too strong for the MT82? I wish Ben had some Gforce gearsets for the MT82. I would love to try those out but I guess its 6r80 time.

its the lightened steel flywheel and no I didn't have to change the input shaft

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I actually really liked the clutch, didn't mind the way it drove at all but I guess its just too strong for the MT82? I wish Ben had some Gforce gearsets for the MT82. I would love to try those out but I guess its 6r80 time.

its the lightened steel flywheel and no I didn't have to change the input shaft
I saw a recent thread in the transmission section of the forum where Ben is getting GFORCE gear sets in this week. I believe it was going to cost in the ball park of $3k to have the MT82 rebuilt with the GFORCE gears.

When my MT82 blows, I'll definitely be going this route as I'm pretty invested in the clutch, shifter, and drive shaft for the MT82.

Here is the thread

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104887

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Have the P trim in my gt350. Bite point is super high. No evidence of slipping however I am not a fan of it grabbing so close to the top. It isnt particularly difficult to drive otherwise but it definitely engages a bit easier cold. Once its warm it is much more on/off.

OP
OP

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I saw a recent thread in the transmission section of the forum where Ben is getting GFORCE gear sets in this week. I believe it was going to cost in the ball park of $3k to have the MT82 rebuilt with the GFORCE gears.

When my MT82 blows, I'll definitely be going this route as I'm pretty invested in the clutch, shifter, and drive shaft for the MT82.

Here is the thread

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104887
Thanks for the info. I called him and all are spoken for. I think I am going 6r80 f these manual problems
Sponsored