Sponsored

2018 GT PP1 A10 no magnaride

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
Does anyone have the 2018 GT PP1 A10 without magnaride? I’m looking at a a new car that has basically everything I want but magnaride. Will the magnaride car be faster in the 1/4? Thanks.
Sponsored

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
Yes since you asked typically the magnaride is good for .25-.50 faster in the 1/4 because of th better weight transfer in the suspension.
I don't buy it being good for that much difference. it would be interesting to see the 60' difference between two identical cars other than magnaride. because after the 60' it wouldn't make a bit of difference.

OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
I don't buy it being good for that much difference. it would be interesting to see the 60' difference between two identical cars other than magnaride. because after the 60' it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
I’d like to see the comparison too.

Sponsored

GNN60GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1 20 F250 6.7 20 Explorer
Magneride good for almost half a second in the 1/4? Not sure I agree either. What are your sources?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Magneride good for almost half a second in the 1/4? Not sure I agree either. What are your sources?
I'm sure it accounts for a few tenths but I have not seen anyone do back to back runs for any evidence. I am sure it really helps with the sixty foot. I can't see getting a sub 1.9xx sixty (my buddy with an A10 non pp cut a 2.04 with all seasons) without it. My guess would be about 2 maybe 3 tenths max

From my own experience it really does help with weight transfer. I am certain with the gt having more weight and power it will help even more.

Magneride is going to be more beneficial in autox and hpde imo. I was messing with it yesterday and it's night and day the handling of the suspension from normal to sport plus. Much more confidence with approaching the limits with it then I ever had in another vehicle, hellcat included. But to be fair that thing weighs 4400 lbs and has stupid power.

I just wish I could could control the stiffness of the suspension outside of having to put into one of the modes.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
the only thing Magnaride helps with in drag racing is traction, if you are not losing traction off the line you wont gain anything more with magnaride. in fact if it keeps the front up after launch you could actually hurt your E.T because of wind resistance.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
the only thing Magnaride helps with in drag racing is traction, if you are not losing traction off the line you wont gain anything more with magnaride. in fact if it keeps the front up after launch you could actually hurt your E.T because of wind resistance.
It only acts like that through the launch, air resistance at those speeds is negligible. The suspension goes back to normal mode after like 2nd or 3rd gear. Not once after the first 100ft did I feel like my car was angled up.

Dinosoar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dinosoarmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mustang GT (Track Car Only); 2019 Jetta GLI
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have the 2018 GT PP1 A10 without magnaride? I’m looking at a a new car that has basically everything I want but magnaride. Will the magnaride car be faster in the 1/4? Thanks.
I do. Just picked her up two weeks ago.

I didn't feel like the MagRd was worth the money, for what I need, but my guess is it will make the car hook up better...it is supposed to counter rapid squatting and keep the car stable under hard acceleration. I have not run my car in any 1/4 event. I do think the system adds weight, but probably still a net gain in performance. I certainly can't speak to any quantifiable gains, but again, I think if you're not worried about cost, most folks think it'll improve time. I had heard some reviews of it as not as well sorted compared to Chevy's system. But again, if you're just looking for 1/4 improvement, it is suppose to help.

Sponsored
OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
I do. Just picked her up two weeks ago.

I didn't feel like the MagRd was worth the money, for what I need, but my guess is it will make the car hook up better...it is supposed to counter rapid squatting and keep the car stable under hard acceleration. I have not run my car in any 1/4 event. I do think the system adds weight, but probably still a net gain in performance. I certainly can't speak to any quantifiable gains, but again, I think if you're not worried about cost, most folks think it'll improve time. I had heard some reviews of it as not as well sorted compared to Chevy's system. But again, if you're just looking for 1/4 improvement, it is suppose to help.
Great, thank you for your report.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I have a GT w/301A and A10 PP1 w/o Magnaride. My local track is at Sea level and I will be taking the car out there soon on a cool Friday night to see what it is capable of.
may24-1.jpg

OP
OP

hornedfrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Montego
I have a GT w/301A and A10 PP1 w/o Magnaride. My local track is at Sea level and I will be taking the car out there soon on a cool Friday night to see what it is capable of.
Looks nice. Let me know, thank you.

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
I ordered the magnaride on my 19 more for the ride improvement on the substandard roads where I live. The wife was sold on a test drive in a magnaride equipped car. She commented “I never told you how much I hated the ride in your Mustang (2012 Brembo GT) but this one rides real nice! Get it!” Of course I’m sure the IRS played a big part in the ride difference too.
Sponsored