jimrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hello fellow GT350 enthusiasts!

I bought a light used GT350 earlier this year, and the wheel lock key was nowhere to be found at the dealership. They promised to order a new one, but when the parts eventually came in they were a completely different lug design than what is on the car. The dealer has promised to re-order the part, but I am not confident that it will be any better this time. I just want to remove the darn things and replace them with regular lug nuts (which I have already purchased). What are my options at this point? I know this is unlikely, but if another GT350 owner in the area loaned me his wheel lock key, would it fit?

Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Check with Discount Tire or another tire dealer in the area and see if they have something that would fit.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Hello fellow GT350 enthusiasts!

I bought a light used GT350 earlier this year, and the wheel lock key was nowhere to be found at the dealership. They promised to order a new one, but when the parts eventually came in they were a completely different lug design than what is on the car. The dealer has promised to re-order the part, but I am not confident that it will be any better this time. I just want to remove the darn things and replace them with regular lug nuts (which I have already purchased). What are my options at this point? I know this is unlikely, but if another GT350 owner in the area loaned me his wheel lock key, would it fit?

Thanks for any insight!
Check the glovebox. There might be the pouch that has the registration and lock number design. They are manufactured by McGard. The info for the locks is below in the photos.

Attachments

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Not sure if it’s the same with the GT350, but I had the same issue with my GT500, since the locks were Ford products the local dealer had a “master” wheel lock set. They charged me nothing to remove them.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
If the dealer is working with you to replace them, just ask him to remove them for you while you wait.

They did not deliver them with my new R, and subsequently got them for me. I will not use them. Kept them for the next owner.

Or you can check utube to see how the thieves get them off in 15 seconds with a conical socket.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
You’d be surprised how easy it is to remove many wheel locks. While working in a tire shop in college we would simply hammer a deep socket that was just slightly smaller over the lock and it wrenches right off. The socket won’t survive too many cycles of this but it is simple and honestly fairly cheap. Use inexpensive sockets that you won’t mind cracking. There are other methods but this does work.

OP
OP

jimrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks guys. I will double check for the registration card (I didn't see it last time I looked) and if I can't find it, I will ask the dealer to remove them. If all else fails, I will try the brute force method. :)
Sponsored