Sponsored

Roush Active exhaust with offroad headers?

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT Premium PP
I was wondering if anyone was running the Roush active exhaust with an off road header. I havent seen any combos with the active exhuast and an off road header nor did the search pull up anything. Is it even worth the money for the active if you have off road headers? Someone please post a video to help me out :headbang:
Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
it can def help to keep it quieter when your not wanting to go crazy. i don't have any vids, but we have done both the roush and switch path for customers with headers.

little quieter on the cold start and normal driving, but of course screams when you open her up

OP
OP
RideTheMustang

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it can def help to keep it quieter when your not wanting to go crazy. i don't have any vids, but we have done both the roush and switch path for customers with headers.

little quieter on the cold start and normal driving, but of course screams when you open her up
is the quiet mode much quieter even with the headers?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
OP
OP
RideTheMustang

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as quiet, but still quieter
sorry for the numerous questions. I currently have the ford racing sport catback. will the quiet mode be noticeably quieter than that? Im looking for something that will not draw attention to me when i want to just cruise but that i can open up and get the same satisfaction as the ford racing.

Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
sorry for the numerous questions. I currently have the ford racing sport catback. will the quiet mode be noticeably quieter than that? Im looking for something that will not draw attention to me when i want to just cruise but that i can open up and get the same satisfaction as the ford racing.
I have pypes longtubes o/r , resonator delete hpipe with Roush quad tip active exhaust and I can tell you its not just a bit quieter, its alot quieter but louder vs stock of course but it doesn’t draw alot of attention and you can go wot without sounding like bats from hell

OP
OP
RideTheMustang

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have pypes longtubes o/r , resonator delete hpipe with Roush quad tip active exhaust and I can tell you its not just a bit quieter, its alot quieter but louder vs stock of course but it doesn’t draw alot of attention and you can go wot without sounding like bats from hell
if you ever get a chance i would love to see a video of the different modes with some revving. there is literally no videos anywhere

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
I want to apologize in advance. Please take notice that I'm a forum member from Bavaria, Germany. Everything common in the US. comes here ten years later, so we either don't have a gender discussion nor do we know of such things like sexual harassement.
These things seem to have become "stuck on the pond" (nerds say the pond is the atlantic ocean) and I'll praise the Lord on that. :headbang:

We drive to our Biergarten in summer by bycicle and get home with a heavy load without having to fear anything but a deep trench we could fall into.

Now keeping that in mind and thinking obout the subject on aftermarket exhausts I'd really like to show you a picture of our local Mustang tuning.
We call it .......... translated into english it wold be a "hot travel puss* "
:thumbsup:
An active roush exhaust isn't the non-plus-ulta.

Greetings from the 51st and have a nice weekend y' all.
Thatbeatsthefaceliftexhaust.jpg

Last edited:

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
I've had very good luck with the X-Force Varex Catback active exhaust. I don't have headers or Cat deletes but I still think the Varex active mufflers would quiet down a car with headers and Cat deletes pretty well. The only downside is they are pretty restrictive when the valve is fully closed.

OP
OP
RideTheMustang

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had very good luck with the X-Force Varex Catback active exhaust. I don't have headers or Cat deletes but I still think the Varex active mufflers would quiet down a car with headers and Cat deletes pretty well. The only downside is they are pretty restrictive when the valve is fully closed.
ive looked into those as well because it wouldnt require the quad tips but there isnt many videos on those as well.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
ive looked into those as well because it wouldnt require the quad tips but there isnt many videos on those as well.
if you don't want quads, we do have the awe in stock, it's a full catback, but the switchpath is very nice

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue w/Performance Pkg
I've got Stainless Power catless headers and just installed the X-force Varex catback last weekend. Fully closed it's almost like stock again. Fully open is a little louder than when I had the MBRP Street catback w/stock headers.

OP
OP
RideTheMustang

RideTheMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've got Stainless Power catless headers and just installed the X-force Varex catback last weekend. Fully closed it's almost like stock again. Fully open is a little louder than when I had the MBRP Street catback w/stock headers.
you wouldnt happen to have a video? I am torn between the these and the roush.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
id like to hear the awe switchpath with or headers

stbanas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue w/Performance Pkg
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]SrWNxAdREM0[/MEDIA]"]

Here's a clip of my setup. First couple revs are with the valves closed at 3k and 4k rpm. With the valve open the revs are at 2k, 3k, and 5k rpm.
Sponsored