Sponsored

F-150 Manifold Testing/Journey

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Has your tune been fine-tuned for the F150 intake, or are you using the exact same tune as you did with your OEM GT manifold? Do you think more potential can be had from a fine tune?
I am on the stock tune my brother. I've only got a cold air intake (air raid) and full 3 inch exhaust from the cat back. Otherwise I'm on 305/35/19 all the way around (I bought 2 additional rear PP rims to stick on the front with 25mm spacers all around). Beyond that I've only port matched my stock manifold [just look at where the carbon has formed and shave it off...]
Sponsored

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolute Black 2017 GT Fastback (Manual)
I am on the stock tune my brother. I've only got a cold air intake (air raid) and full 3 inch exhaust from the cat back. Otherwise I'm on 305/35/19 all the way around (I bought 2 additional rear PP rims to stick on the front with 25mm spacers all around). Beyond that I've only port matched my stock manifold [just look at where the carbon has formed and shave it off...]
Sounds pretty sweet! :thumbsup: I'm planning to get the F150 manifold fine-tuned on the dyno with my setup in the next 2-3 weeks, so I'll revert back with my impressions then.

Enjoy the new setup! :cool:

jpadilla05.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt
Install was straight forward. Took about an hour start to finish. After the install I reflashed my Lund Flex tune. There is a definite increase in low end grunt, response and no issue pulling to 7000 rpm. So far so good!! Once my tune settles down it should run even better. I can already tell that this intake is perfect for a Street driven GT.
hey on that 3rd pic is that the only part that gets zip tied? well on both sides?

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I’m gonna work on that but I think the strut tower bar is going to give me clearance issues. The truck intake is a lot taller.

Clearance is not an issue. I put a strut tower bar on and have plenty of room underneath.

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
UPDATE:

Seller is willing to sell individually for 119.99 w/ free shipping.
Interesting.

Can I propose something better? If we can get 10 people (minimum) to all pitch $20 I am willing to store all the intakes for the time and ship them out to whoever pitched in, sans shipping cost. Also it would end up being even less than $20 if more than 10 contribute.

So potentially everyone could all end up with an intake for $40 total? That'd be the initial $20 plus a very rough estimate of $20 for shipping.

Edit:
I have sent a message to the seller asking if they will sell individually.

At 175.00 flat rate, assuming we win the bid as cheap as possible... is only about 15-20 bucks per manifold. If someone has big ideas for these and is kind enough to send out the future "prototypes" to the parties involved would be tremendously helpful. My apartment has a storage room that I get with my spot... so maybe I could stack them all in there and ship them individually haha
I'm an idiot and just noticed you already proposed this. lol

Sponsored

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting.

Can I propose something better? If we can get 10 people (minimum) to all pitch $20 I am willing to store all the intakes for the time and ship them out to whoever pitched in, sans shipping cost. Also it would end up being even less than $20 if more than 10 contribute.

So potentially everyone could all end up with an intake for $40 total? That'd be the initial $20 plus a very rough estimate of $20 for shipping.

Edit:

I'm an idiot and just noticed you already proposed this. lol
I would be interested, however, I'm in Australia. Would you ship one internationally if I paid the shipping costs? :confused: The eBay seller does not ship internationally :(

Edit: I might actually send one to Air Flow Solutions in Arizona to get it all ported out before shipping to AUS ;)

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
I would be interested, however, I'm in Australia. Would you ship one internationally if I paid the shipping costs? :confused: The eBay seller does not ship internationally :(

Edit: I might actually send one to Air Flow Solutions in Arizona to get it all ported out before shipping to AUS ;)
I have no qualms with it.

Soooo I am guessing that is 3 people so far? :clap2:

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
Yeah the two heater hoses are zip tied to the plastic brackets on top of the fuel rail foam since there is nowhere to bolt them down on the F-150 intake. It’s the only thing zip tied.

hey on that 3rd pic is that the only part that gets zip tied? well on both sides?

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
wonder if the 18 intakes would perform better then the previous 15-17's

Type550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wonder if the 18 intakes would perform better then the previous 15-17's
I'm wondering the same, just how the GT intake manifold was improved in 18 to flow better ;)

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Install was straight forward. Took about an hour start to finish.

1 hour!? Are you serious? Took me 4 noting down the time I started and stopped. Getting clips off is the slow part. From the back and then when swapping parts over from the GT to the F150 mani.

You're an animal if you did.

I'll also confirm the comment about less throttle needed than before.

enak319

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt Auto Panama Red Premium
I have been following this thread for a while,very interesting.I am not a fan of revving the
hell out of my engine so i found a 2016 F150 intake and installed it and i am pleased.It really gets the Mustang up and moving in a hurry. New to Mustang6g my name is Dan