Sponsored

need suggestion on suspension setup for COMFORTABLE ride quality?

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
now I have h&rspring and steeda adjustable shocks. I love the performance improvement on the race track, but now I dont plan to race it anymore. After last winter there were tons of potholes on the road, and ride quality got even worse than before.
do you guys have any suggesions on suspension parts can give decent ride quality while lowered than the stock setup?:cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Which Steeda springs do you have & what setting are you running on the adjustable shocks?

Shoot me your info & I can have our suspension gurus talk to you & get you a more comfortable ride - we have many people on this set-up & they have been very happy with the results:

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Comfort-Suspension-Package-15-17-555-2407

Since you have our current set-up, we can make some easy tweaks.

TJ

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Which Steeda springs do you have & what setting are you running on the adjustable shocks?

Shoot me your info & I can have our suspension gurus talk to you & get you a more comfortable ride - we have many people on this set-up & they have been very happy with the results:

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-Mustang-Comfort-Suspension-Package-15-17-555-2407

TJ
sorry that i forgot that spring is actually h&r. i have pro action shocks wiyh steeda shock mount and camber plate.

RonStang6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Oxford White Auto
now I have h&rspring and steeda adjustable shocks. I love the performance improvement on the race track, but now I dont plan to race it anymore. After last winter there were tons of potholes on the road, and ride quality got even worse than before.
do you guys have any suggesions on suspension parts can give decent ride quality while lowered than the stock setup?:cheers:
I have tried three different spring sets, my stock GT springs, Steeda Progressives Springs, and BMR SP089-SP092 Springs looking for the most comfortable ride. What I found had the best ride quality is my original GT springs with Steeda Adjustable Shocks & Struts with Steeda Bump Stops. I have my shocks & struts both set at 3/16 turn from full soft.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Lowered car = bad ride quality over bumps, and potholes are probably absolutely terrible. There is no magic bullet other than raising the car and getting more suspension travel back.

What wheels and tires are you running?

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Did all suspension mods in my sig. Car was a base suspension with 20s, so I have all the PP bracing.

The Car handles amazing whether I'm cruising or pushing it and shitty streets aren't an issue. Zero Bumpsteer or tramlining. I don't have any wheel hop any more either. Body roll is very controlled as is squat and dive under acceleration and braking.

I'm more than happy with how the car handles / rides now. I love it.

Also your stance will look like this....

I'd start by first ditching those springs and then see how you like it. The Steeda springs or Ford performance street lowering springs are a good start. But do your research. You don't want to.be swapping parts a 3rd time! @Steeda will get you straight.
20180505_121634-1814x1361.jpg
20180505_121624-1814x1361.jpg
20180505_121547-1814x1361.jpg

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
If Im going to get STeeda progresive springs, will fixed shocks will have difference compared to my adjustable shocks on ride quality?

TJ

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
I have tried three different spring sets, my stock GT springs, Steeda Progressives Springs, and BMR SP089-SP092 Springs looking for the most comfortable ride. What I found had the best ride quality is my original GT springs with Steeda Adjustable Shocks & Struts with Steeda Bump Stops. I have my shocks & struts both set at 3/16 turn from full soft.
thanks for your info. is your stock spring are non performance pack ones?

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Lowered car = bad ride quality over bumps, and potholes are probably absolutely terrible. There is no magic bullet other than raising the car and getting more suspension travel back.

What wheels and tires are you running?
i think i have to agree with your point. im running on stock pp wheels and 19/275and255/40michelin pilot sport as3+ . im also thinking about would lighter wheels make difference on ride quality.

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Did all suspension mods in my sig. Car was a base suspension with 20s, so I have all the PP bracing.

The Car handles amazing whether I'm cruising or pushing it and shitty streets aren't an issue. Zero Bumpsteer or tramlining. I don't have any wheel hop any more either. Body roll is very controlled as is squat and dive under acceleration and braking.

I'm more than happy with how the car handles / rides now. I love it.

Also your stance will look like this....

I'd start by first ditching those springs and then see how you like it. The Steeda springs or Ford performance street lowering springs are a good start. But do your research. You don't want to.be swapping parts a 3rd time! @Steeda will get you straight.
it looks low and flush! hows the ride quality comparing with stock suspension?

Sponsored

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here's my setup:

- Steeda Adj. Pro Action Shocks
- Steeda Progressive springs
- Steeda Billet rear shock mount***
- Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment kit
- BMR Cradle lockout
- BMR 2 point front subframe brace.

Stock PP wheels + tires, and the ride is great :thumbsup:

I do a good mix of city driving, highway, canyon runs, so I went with the adjustable shocks. Great to be able to soften everything up for the city, but firm it up for long road trips or a cruise through the canyons.

*** I tested this suspension component on the OEM non-PP suspension first, and was really surprised at how much of a difference it makes.

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
Here's my setup:

- Steeda Adj. Pro Action Shocks
- Steeda Progressive springs
- Steeda Billet rear shock mount***
- Steeda IRS Subframe Alignment kit
- BMR Cradle lockout
- BMR 2 point front subframe brace.

Stock PP wheels + tires, and the ride is great :thumbsup:

I do a good mix of city driving, highway, canyon runs, so I went with the adjustable shocks. Great to be able to soften everything up for the city, but firm it up for long road trips or a cruise through the canyons.

*** I tested this suspension component on the OEM non-PP suspension first, and was really surprised at how much of a difference it makes.
we have same set ups except springs and front subframe brace! so I think steeda spring would make huge difference. but since its progressive spring, I'm kinda worry about the feeling when hit potholes. :cheers:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We are here to help @ Steeda Tech ... let us know if you have any questions or need ordering support :)

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
BA939P

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
We are here to help @ Steeda Tech ... let us know if you have any questions or need ordering support :)

Best Regards,

TJ
If I'm going to get progressive spring with my current pro action adjustable shocks and struts, how should I set damping for the best street ride comfort.
Since I'm on crappy h&r springs, when I turn them to softest damping setup, the ride is soft but really bouncy and uncomfortable.
@Steead Tech

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You will want to start on the softest and adjust from there - you will find your own sweet spot!

If you need more assistance after you play with the settings then we can coordinate a consultation to help further.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored