Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002, 2006, 2015 Mustangs
Ohlins Road & Track Adjustable Coil Over Kit Front & Rear

2015-2018 Ford Mustang

Ohlins Adjustable Front & Rear Coil-Over Kit

Part # FOS MR00

Use Coupon Code mustang 6g at checkout to save 5%

A more than 30 year long tradition of high-end racing commitments and state-of-the-art solutions within advanced suspension technology is now available for street cars all over the world. The focus has been clear from the very beginning – superior road handling without sacrificing comfort in your day-to-day transports. The time of compromises is over. We have also added a clever light-weight design with a majority of the parts in aluminium and on top of that all shocks have suffered through vast corrosion tests according to ISO 9227. The end result is a 2-year limited warranty on all of our products – worldwide. Öhlins Road & Track team has extensively tested a wide variation of springs to find the right balance between road and track use. By testing in different conditions on road as well on track, the listed spring rate is what we strongly recommend you to use.

Ohlins-Complete.jpg

GENERAL FEATURES:

DFV (Dual Flow Valve)
Rebuildable
Corrosion salt spray tested (ISO 9227)
2 year limited warranty

Front Features:

McPherson strut
Single bleed adjuster
Spring preload adjuster (approx. 25 mm lower than standard)
Coil springs
Dustcovers

Rear Features:

Conventional shock absorber
Length adjuster
Single bleed adjuster
Spring preload adjuster (approx. 25 mm lower than standard)
Coil springs
Dustcovers

Springs:

FRONT 90 N/mm
REAR 140 N/mm
Sponsored

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Springs:

FRONT 90 N/mm
REAR 120 N/mm
Really? The rear is less than a stock GT Performance Pack, while the front is 3.11 times higher. That is, unless the rear spring is at the rear shock location, which would make it 2.19 times stiffer. It appears to have the spring in the stock position.

Looks great though. Ohlins stuff is amazing.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Really? The rear is less than a stock GT Performance Pack, while the front is 3.11 times higher. That is, unless the rear spring is at the rear shock location, which would make it 2.19 times stiffer. It appears to have the spring in the stock position.

Looks great though. Ohlins stuff is amazing.
Seems like a ton of rate...what's are them in imperial?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like a ton of rate...what's are them in imperial?
514 and 685 lb/in. Only make sense if coilover rear (but doesn't appear to be one). Wheel rates at 505/385 if rear is coilover. RFs well into the 2s, which would be fine for a track car.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
514 and 685 lb/in. Only make sense if coilover rear (but doesn't appear to be one). Wheel rates at 505/385 if rear is coilover. RFs well into the 2s, which would be fine for a track car.
My JRZ's came with a very similar low rear spring rate also (non-true coilover). I never tried them out but I think they were around 650 lb/in.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
My JRZ's came with a very similar low rear spring rate also (non-true coilover). I never tried them out but I think they were around 650 lb/in.
IIRC, JRZ puts the spring load into the shock location. For that rate of spring, that'd be good. For the stock location? Nope.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
IIRC, JRZ puts the spring load into the shock location. For that rate of spring, that'd be good. For the stock location? Nope.
As far as I know, JRZ has never made a coilover with the spring at the shock location for this platform.

Mine came with the spring to me mounted in the stock location and I was told by the retailer that it was a 672 lb/in spring.

EDIT: Just looked through old PMs and the retailer told me the spring rate was 672

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
As far as I know, JRZ has never made a coilover with the spring at the shock location for this platform.

Mine came with the spring to me mounted in the stock location and I was told by the retailer that it was a 672 lb/in spring.

EDIT: Just looked through old PMs and the retailer told me the spring rate was 672
That is very odd. That's almost 60 lb/in less than the GT PP rear springs, and almost identical to the non-PP rear springs. I'm sure it rides great.

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
That is very odd. That's almost 60 lb/in less than the GT PP rear springs, and almost identical to the non-PP rear springs. I'm sure it rides great.
I thought it was odd too. Knowing that fact I didn't install them and I tested out BC racing rear (78X), Steeda Ultralite rear (88X) and BMR handling rear (98X).

Maybe these big guys like Ohlins and JRZ know something we don't :) But yes, after testing with the BC racing, the softer rear spring is easier on the back and better for comfort. I noticed the car is more eager to turn with the stiffer rear spring like the BMR.

There are lots of variables at play that maybe why the soft rear springs were chosen. Maybe they found it more favorable to put the soft spring because it would be easier to put down power with the softer spings. I don't really have that problem since I have a stock power eco :lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was odd too. Knowing that fact I didn't install them and I tested out BC racing rear (78X), Steeda Ultralite rear (88X) and BMR handling rear (98X).

Maybe these big guys like Ohlins and JRZ know something we don't :) But yes, after testing with the BC racing, the softer rear spring is easier on the back and better for comfort. I noticed the car is more eager to turn with the stiffer rear spring like the BMR.

There are lots of variables at play that maybe why the soft rear springs were chosen. Maybe they found it more favorable to put the soft spring because it would be easier to put down power with the softer spings. I don't really have that problem since I have a stock power eco :lol:
I mean in order to get the balance back you'd have to run a pretty heavy rear bar. Maybe they like that. For high power, heavy cars I tend to prefer a big spring/softer bar as a setup philosophy.

Sponsored

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
I mean in order to get the balance back you'd have to run a pretty heavy rear bar. Maybe they like that. For high power, heavy cars I tend to prefer a big spring/softer bar as a setup philosophy.
I agree! After reading one of your posts on another thread, I softened my rear swaybar and swapped the BC rear springs for the BMR Handling. I got much better results/handling characteristics in HPDE :cheers:

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I thought there was still some issue being looked at by ohlins before they were going to release these?
@hotpart... can you please shock dynos of the front and rear so we can see exactly what is going on with these dampers?

mbeale68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, base, perf pack, recaros, 5spd, guard

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I thought there was still some issue being looked at by ohlins before they were going to release these?
@hotpart... can you please shock dynos of the front and rear so we can see exactly what is going on with these dampers?
Yeah, something about the bump stops? I couldn't find the thread...