Sponsored

CAI or Lowering Springs

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
I’m torn, can’t decide so looking for opinions. I have enough saved for my next mod. I was going to go with BBK Power Plus Chrome CAI but I’m starting to think Lowering Springs might be the way to go This time. I want both eventually.

Most of my mods so far have been engine bay cosmetic.

The BBK CAI with Chrome and Blue would be a nice addition to the engine bay, matching all the Billet and the Blue Intake Covers, not to mention the performance uptick. Unfortunately not many people other than myself see the engine bay that often. Lowering Springs however would be seen by every car I pass

Current Setup is: 2016 CS/GT
1” wheel spacers
Various LED upgrades
Blue Ford Performance Intake covers
Billet Alluminum Fuse Box Cover
Billet Alluminum Radiator Mustang Plate/Plaque
Billet Alluminum Fluid Cap Covers + Dip Stick
Black Radiator overflow and Master Cylinders Covers
Ford Performance Hood Struts

Lowering Springs would be 1.5” Front, 1” Rear
F26F3754-C228-4617-901C-223992D08B44.jpeg
2590D53A-1DB0-4E54-BFAF-DA1D07BF7CAD.jpeg
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I’m torn, can’t decide so looking for opinions. I have enough saved for my next mod. I was going to go with BBK Power Plus Chrome CAI but I’m starting to think Lowering Springs might be the way to go This time. I want both eventually.

Most of my mods so far have been engine bay cosmetic.

The BBK CAI with Chrome and Blue would be a nice addition to the engine bay, matching all the Billet and the Blue Intake Covers, not to mention the performance uptick. Unfortunately not many people other than myself see the engine bay that often. Lowering Springs however would be seen by every car I pass

Current Setup is: 2016 CS/GT
1” wheel spacers
Various LED upgrades
Blue Ford Performance Intake covers
Billet Alluminum Fuse Box Cover
Billet Alluminum Radiator Mustang Plate/Plaque
Billet Alluminum Fluid Cap Covers + Dip Stick
Black Radiator overflow and Master Cylinders Covers
Ford Performance Hood Struts

Lowering Springs would be 1.5” Front, 1” Rear
I have BMR minimum drop on my car with 20mm spacers and the stance is perfect (for me anyway). I am measuring 27.25” from ground to top of wheel well on all corners. So ya know which way I would go.....:headbang:

Last edited:

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I'm gonna second the BMR min drop springs. I don't think that intake is going to make much difference without a tune power-wise.

youra6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Evo VIII RS, 2018 Mustang GT
I'm gonna second the BMR min drop springs. I don't think that intake is going to make much difference without a tune power-wise.
Exactly this. Without a tune, all you will get is some woosh sounds. Also, with power mods you usually want to get all your mods installed all at once and then get a tune. Over half your costs will go towards the tune with just a CAI.

Lowering springs are pretty cheap and you can do you labor yourself. All you really need is a spring compressor (which you can rent), a jack with stands and some sockets, and 2-3 hours of free time and you got yourself a mustang that handles much better than stock.

5.0-50A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary WW STICK
dang that intake looks so good though and probably sounds tits WOT. i would want a complete matched suspension not just springs so would just keep saving. did the spring only thing once and hated the ride. but isn’t the stock airbox pretty good? maybe just get a tune and ngauge is best bang for buck or so I keep reading here? how about that one dealer selling the PP2 for under $600 that’s a smoking deal.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I agree that a CAI minus a tune or other major power mods like a super+ is a total waste of $350

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
springs deff youll love the car even more once its lowered

OP
OP
Festivus

Festivus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT CS
Thank everyone, this helps. The CAI would be as much a cosmetic mod as a performance one which is one reason I started thinking Springs. $350 is a lot for mostly just looks.

On the BMR min drop. The website doesn’t state how much drop which surprises me. I guess I’ll contact them. Also everyone suggesting the min drop Springs I assume you would go with front and rear, right?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thank everyone, this helps. The CAI would be as much a cosmetic mod as a performance one which is one reason I started thinking Springs. $350 is a lot for mostly just looks.

On the BMR min drop. The website doesn’t state how much drop which surprises me. I guess I’ll contact them. Also everyone suggesting the min drop Springs I assume you would go with front and rear, right?
BMR used to be SP082-SP089, a front/rear setup. Now it’s all in one kit..... can’t remember the number on he kit.

But anyway, the rear drops 0.5”... mine was a tad more. And the front drops close to an inch, maybe 0.8-0.9”. My car sits perfectly level... Dunno if that’s the way it’s supposed to be or if the extra weight in my vert made it happen this way. Either way, I absolutely love it:thumbsup:

[/url]Untitled by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda minimum drop springs - a great choice & have been doing very well for us!

IMG_0205%20copy.jpg

Also, our Progressive springs are awesome too, the Progressive Springs - lowers front 1.125" and rear 1"

grabberblue555-82101.jpg

Let me know if I can help assist with forum pricing or answer any questions you may have!

TJ

bbudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Buddy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Steeda Progressive Springs are great. I had a set on my GT along with some other suspension mods and found the ride and handling to be actually better than stock.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If you're looking for handling out of those springs, IRS braces or BMR lockout kit would be a better choice. If cosmetic, definitely springs. Leave the CAI alone, even if you want a "better" look. The OEM intake is just so good I wouldn't want to detract from how well engineered it is.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd buy the springs. Steeda Progressive, Swift Spec R, or Steeda or BMR minimum drop. Steeda rear shock mounts, too.
Sponsored