natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed that lately here my clutch pedal has a strange feel when its about half way. When i press down or release at the half way point it feels like its hanging. Anybody heard of this issue? It comes up and goes down fine, excluding the few times where I dont think the pedal came all the way back up after sitting at a light with the clutch depressed. It seems to only do it when its not fully warmed up yet. When I have drove for abut 10 minutes or so its fine. I am wondering about a bad finger on the pressure plate or a bad slave or master cylinder.
Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Did you poke your head under the dash to see if perhaps there is a wire interfering with the movement of the pedal? Occasionally these things are simpler (read: cheaper) then we imagine! :)

OP
OP
natepcbfl

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you poke your head under the dash to see if perhaps there is a wire interfering with the movement of the pedal? Occasionally these things are simpler (read: cheaper) then we imagine! :)
Yea nothing in the way and it almost goes away completely when it warms up. It feels like if there was a cable and there was a bad spot in it catching during travel.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Do you have the clutch assist spring in there?

OP
OP
natepcbfl

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have the clutch assist spring in there?
I have the factory clutch assist spring and 61k on the clock. I drive it like a Mustang likes to be driven. Only used LC a few times, LL once when I got it and once before I put new tires on. Never been to the track or the strip. Maybe someone will stumble in here before I figure it out that might have had the same issue.

Sponsored

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Did you try taking the spring out and see what happens? That spring caused weirdness in my car and it was always at the mid point. I took it out and the weirdness went away. I put in the Steeda spring as some say it's not good to not have a spring in there, though other people have run without one and had no problem. It's fairly easy to get in and out.

JackBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic base GT 6SP
61k miles on stock clutch or has it been replaced? if stock clutch/slave cylinder...it could be on its way out. also check the line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave, make sure it isn't leaking or something.

i have the steeda assist spring on currently but didn't feel anything out of the ordinary when i had the stock spring. then again i currently have 16k miles on the car.

OP
OP
natepcbfl

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you try taking the spring out and see what happens? That spring caused weirdness in my car and it was always at the mid point. I took it out and the weirdness went away. I put in the Steeda spring as some say it's not good to not have a spring in there, though other people have run without one and had no problem. It's fairly easy to get in and out.
I will have to check into that spring. I know it's a cheap mod.

61k miles on stock clutch or has it been replaced? if stock clutch/slave cylinder...it could be on its way out. also check the line that goes from the master cylinder to the slave, make sure it isn't leaking or something.

i have the steeda assist spring on currently but didn't feel anything out of the ordinary when i had the stock spring. then again i currently have 16k miles on the car.
Stock clutch. I was leaning towards the slave or MC or a finger or two being bad on the clutch. When this cold snap Alabama is having right now goes away I'll be tearing into it. After I check out the spring thing at least.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

OP
OP
natepcbfl

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I found the issue. I believe the issue is the broken weld on the clutch pedal where it connects to the pivot rod. I put the Steeda spring kit in the other weekend and as soon as the spring was off I found my pedal can flop sideways. Will be pulling it and having it welded up as a new one would be prone to the same issue.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
My money is on the slave cylinder

Sponsored
OP
OP
natepcbfl

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My money is on the slave cylinder
Clutch pedal arm weld broke from the pivot tube. When I took the spring off the pedal flopped sideways bad. The stock spring held it in place where you couldnt tell.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Oh dang!! That’s a first for me. Haven’t heard of that happening until now. Thanks for the update and glad you got it figured out!

OP
OP
natepcbfl

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh dang!! That’s a first for me. Haven’t heard of that happening until now. Thanks for the update and glad you got it figured out!
Not my picture as mine is still in the car. The red is where the weld broke for me, only the weld thankfully. I was going to order a new one and swap it out but, I decided I'm am just going to get it welded up so it doesn't happen again.
clutch pedal.png

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Where’s new hope? I can weld it up for you I’m in dalton ga. And work in Rome ga a lot. Or you can send it to me and I’ll knock it for you if you want

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Not my picture as mine is still in the car. The red is where the weld broke for me, only the weld thankfully. I was going to order a new one and swap it out but, I decided I'm am just going to get it welded up so it doesn't happen again.
Warranty? Go get another one! First I heard of it on the forum, so it is not a common failure mode. You may have gotten the "Friday 5 O'clock" piece.
Sponsored