Sponsored

Is it possible to add Color Changing Ambient "package" to the 350?

2000FormulaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Hey guys,

I love my 350, but am really bummed ford didn't put in the option for us to be able to change our gauges colors; like the "premium" mustangs have.

I mean, I know its a track car, but for the price of the car... cmon.
So,... does anyone know if its possible to add it afterwards?

Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

kommons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I looked into the parts manual and saw an "ambient light kit" (CL8Z13E700AA)

However, I know for sure you have to change the cup holders to the led ones (GR3Z-6313562-BB) and I dunno what else. It seems implausible to do it cleanly.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
It would probably be easier to add it aftermarket. Several kits exist.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
FYI: The center oil gauges only have white LEDs. I could never find a part that could display colors which makes sense if the part is GT350 specific and the factory never offered MyColor.

Just mentioning since the OP wanted to change gauge colors.

Sponsored

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
LOL

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I just traded in my '15 GT Premium yesterday for an '18 GT350. First thing I tried to do was to change the gauge color, and to my horror I discovered that not only was this feature absent, but the interior lighting was also missing. Disappointed that MSRP was $18K more than my GT Premium, but I lost some cool features.

And don't get me started on the missing horse that projects onto the ground when the doors open.

I expected the bling to be present...maybe even enhanced.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I just traded in my '15 GT Premium yesterday for an '18 GT350. First thing I tried to do was to change the gauge color, and to my horror I discovered that not only was this feature absent, but the interior lighting was also missing. Disappointed that MSRP was $18K more than my GT Premium, but I lost some cool features.

And don't get me started on the missing horse that projects onto the ground when the doors open.

I expected the bling to be present...maybe even enhanced.
Once you break it in...But it in sport mode, Wrap it out to 8500 or so, take a few hard corners. Feel the brakes.

There's your bling...Believe me you'll be too busy enjoying other things to notice any ambient lighting anyway.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
MyColor would have been nice, but the running horse puddle light are what I would have liked to have. The whole 60k for a car that doesn’t have something the lowest entry level Stang had is really annoying.

On a side note, @Demonic , how could you post something like that without a link. Definitely want one for the entertainment value alone.

Sponsored

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
MyColor would have been nice, but the running horse puddle light are what I would have liked to have. The whole 60k for a car that doesn’t have something the lowest entry level Stang had is really annoying.

On a side note, @Demonic , how could you post something like that without a link. Definitely want one for the entertainment value alone.
Pretty sure the 2019 gt350 will have puddle lights. I’m sure it will be an easy swap if that’s what you are into.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I doubt the puddle lights. This car is geared more toward the performance angle than cosmetics. Theres no pony any where and the only place it says Ford is the middle of windshield banner and center caps on wheels, I like it!!

ryanr24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I doubt the puddle lights. This car is geared more toward the performance angle than cosmetics. Theres no pony any where and the only place it says Ford is the middle of windshield banner and center caps on wheels, I like it!!
I know I have 1, read the article. They specifically said the 2019 will have “ cobra mirror lights”
http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/20180/06/2019-shelby-gt350-new-tech.html

Second to last paragraph...

“New colors for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 include Velocity Blue and for the first time, Ford Performance Blue. Optional factory-painted over-the-top racing stripes are available in high-gloss Shadow Black, Oxford White or Kona Blue. Mirror-mounted Shelby Cobra Projection Lamps come standard in the available Technology Package”

Phenom5.0

5.2 ^^^
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Metallic
I know I have 1, read the article. They specifically said the 2019 will have “ cobra mirror lights”
http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/20180/06/2019-shelby-gt350-new-tech.html

Second to last paragraph...

“New colors for the 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350 include Velocity Blue and for the first time, Ford Performance Blue. Optional factory-painted over-the-top racing stripes are available in high-gloss Shadow Black, Oxford White or Kona Blue. Mirror-mounted Shelby Cobra Projection Lamps come standard in the available Technology Package”
Hopefully the cobra puddle lights will be available for diy installers.

Wilson44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Avalanche Gray
Going from a 16 GT to a 17 GT350, the lights were the first thing I noticed - in addition to the lack of backup sensors. Then I started the engine and... what was I talking about again?
Sponsored