Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

DL109er

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thevalleylocal.net
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB Premium+ Lightning Blue 6spd Pony
Why would it travel by rail to Nebraska then go by truck to Nevada?
I haven't checked a rail map, but could it be there's no direct rail freight service available and the only way it can go from A to B (relatively) quickly is by truck?

:shrug:
Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
OK kiddies, we finally got the car home today. Hoods lined up, and everything else is in order. I'm sorry, but in good conscious I can't post pictures right now. It's rained the last two days, and was raining when I brought it home. It's soooooo dirty. I'll get 'er detailed in the next couple days, and post some pics. Thanks for taking this ride with me. I'll be along with those that haven't gotten their's yet.
Congrats!

I haven't checked a rail map, but could it be there's no direct rail freight service available and the only way it can go from A to B (relatively) quickly is by truck?

Sounds right to me.

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
After waiting 3 weeks from delivery, I was told that the bumper parts came in yesterday. I’ve got an appointment to check her out, and if all looks okay, take her home on Thursday. Woo!

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Production completed yesterday on my I4 PP. It has moved into awaiting shipment. EDD is 5/12/18 , no change.:headbang:

Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco

Well I would assume since cars going to CA travel the whole way via train they would do the same to NV, Going to wait and check with Ford Performance again this morning to see if I can get a better explanation, I am also going to text my sales guy

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Well I would assume since cars going to CA travel the whole way via train they would do the same to NV, Going to wait and check with Ford Performance again this morning to see if I can get a better explanation, I am also going to text my sales guy
Someone posted a rail map of the routes vehicles go from the plant in another forum I used to visit. I tried finding it again, but had no luck. Cars going to northern and central California come via rail and are offloaded in the Bay Area. Southern California, I could have sworn they come via Las Vegas by rail. Here is a UP rail service map:

https://www.up.com/cs/groups/public...ts/up_pdf_nativedocs/pdf_service_unit_map.pdf

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Someone posted a rail map of the routes vehicles go from the plant in another forum I used to visit. I tried finding it again, but had no luck. Cars going to northern and central California come via rail and are offloaded in the Bay Area. Southern California, I could have sworn they come via Las Vegas by rail. Here is a UP rail service map:

https://www.up.com/cs/groups/public...ts/up_pdf_nativedocs/pdf_service_unit_map.pdf
Thanks for the map, here is what FP said this morning

Matt says:
Hello Matthew. Last update I have is from 4/25 showing it was passing through NE on a train. ETA to your dealer is 4/29-5/1
Matthew says:
Still in NE on the train? Monday I was told it was being transferred from the train in NE to a truck
Matt says:
Not sure who/why they said it was being moved onto a truck, my system was updated today showing that it was still on a train.
Matthew says:
this it what they told me, "As of 4/23 I'm showing the vehicle is passing through an intermediate point in Nebraska to be loaded on a transport from rail. ETA is 4/29-5/1"
Matt says:
Odd, it was at an intermediate point but that just simply means a stop along the route. It is still on a train as of 5:39 AM, passing through NE
Matt says:
It was in IA on 4/23, then the location in NE updated 3 times since 4/23. It's not just sitting in a yard somewhere, it is on the move.
Matthew says:
ok thats good at least its on the move, NE is a long state
Matt says:
Correct, it is. That ETA of 4/29-5/1 is still a good ETA

So now as far as I know its not on a truck but still on the train, and the info I was given yesterday was wrong :shrug:

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Thanks for the map, here is what FP said this morning

Matt says:
Hello Matthew. Last update I have is from 4/25 showing it was passing through NE on a train. ETA to your dealer is 4/29-5/1
Matthew says:
Still in NE on the train? Monday I was told it was being transferred from the train in NE to a truck
Matt says:
Not sure who/why they said it was being moved onto a truck, my system was updated today showing that it was still on a train.
Matthew says:
this it what they told me, "As of 4/23 I'm showing the vehicle is passing through an intermediate point in Nebraska to be loaded on a transport from rail. ETA is 4/29-5/1"
Matt says:
Odd, it was at an intermediate point but that just simply means a stop along the route. It is still on a train as of 5:39 AM, passing through NE
Matt says:
It was in IA on 4/23, then the location in NE updated 3 times since 4/23. It's not just sitting in a yard somewhere, it is on the move.
Matthew says:
ok thats good at least its on the move, NE is a long state
Matt says:
Correct, it is. That ETA of 4/29-5/1 is still a good ETA

So now as far as I know its not on a truck but still on the train, and the info I was given yesterday was wrong :shrug:
That info they gave you yesterday definitely didn't seem right. Would be kind of silly to put your vehicle on a truck in Nebraska. The other person must have been confused thinking it was going on a truck when the rail car probably was transferring to a different line or something.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
That info they gave you yesterday definitely didn't seem right. Would be kind of silly to put your vehicle on a truck in Nebraska. The other person must have been confused thinking it was going on a truck when the rail car probably was transferring to a different line or something.
Yea that's what I'm thinking too

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
After waiting 3 weeks from delivery, I was told that the bumper parts came in yesterday. I’ve got an appointment to check her out, and if all looks okay, take her home on Thursday. Woo!
Finally some good news my friend. I told the wife what happened to your car, and she said "I would be livid". She's as big a car person as we are, and knows how much that upset you. I hope everything is taken care of to your satisfaction.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Right on!

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Finally!!!!!!!!!!! The dealer did a great job with the bumper. Everything is perfect. I am a happy guy!

Side note, I had a damn pebble hop up and scratch my windshield on the drive home. That should help reduce the paranoia of waiting for that first ding. At least it missed the hood.
D92AC359-0E8E-47D6-9A0F-4D058FB23234.jpeg

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Finally!!!!!!!!!!! The dealer did a great job with the bumper. Everything is perfect. I am a happy guy!

Side note, I had a damn pebble hop up and scratch my windshield on the drive home. That should help reduce the paranoia of waiting for that first ding. At least it missed the hood.
Congrats :cheers: sorry to hear about the rock chip, but like you said at least it wasn't the hood
Sponsored