Sponsored

Sensor failings. You could have one too!

ZenkaiRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT AT
kind of interesting I have a 2015, and when I checked the sensor I already had the rev B sensor on my car! So either it was changed before I owned it or not all 2015's came with the rev C
The one that has -CA printed on it is the one you want...
Sponsored

Banjo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP manual
I have a 2015 with a November 2014 build date. After seeing the post about a stuck sensor being a potential issue I ordered a replacement. Mine had been stuck at 60 psi and giving a random 'P008A - Low Pressure Fuel System Pressure Too Low'. After swapping in the new sensor the reading went from a rather steady number it now fluctuates from 70-85 psi. I haven't driven it yet but it seems there was definitely an issue. And I see why the factory sensor could be causing stripping issues. Mine came out okay but the threads are pretty rough(top) compared to the new one(bottom) https://imgur.com/3QhUKKv

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Just an FYI regarding the sensor issue... I spoke with Alex at Stratified tuning who was able to research this issue and this is what he was able to find out: "OK got clarification. The whole issue was brought up by Adam on a car that actually had a custom set of cams with lobes for the HPFP that were not correctly aligned. There are no issues with the low pressure sensor reading. There is a known bug that will demand too low of a high pressure when the fuel demand is very high that is from Ford OEM. COBB will release a fix for this OEM issue in their codebase"

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Just an FYI regarding the sensor issue... I spoke with Alex at Stratified tuning who was able to research this issue and this is what he was able to find out: "OK got clarification. The whole issue was brought up by Adam on a car that actually had a custom set of cams with lobes for the HPFP that were not correctly aligned. There are no issues with the low pressure sensor reading. There is a known bug that will demand too low of a high pressure when the fuel demand is very high that is from Ford OEM. COBB will release a fix for this OEM issue in their codebase"
That issue was on a FoRS and was unrelated to the lowside pressure sensor. That was straight from Adam himself. Also, FoRS' have the new sensor and has code in the factory logic to prevent the issue. The EBM doesn't from what I was told. I'm trying to get the sensor from my old engine but I'm 99% positive it was failing last summer. I'm pretty vigilant over things and had noticed that the lowside was doing some weird things and even causing the pressure drop Adam has talked about. I'll updated with my findings whenever I get that sensor back into my hands.

Sponsored

law242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm confused. Are we wanting to have Rev B or Rev C? Earlier in this thread it sounded like someone said that they rolled back to Rev B because of problems. Just trying to get clarification on here

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
I was right!!! Ford did change that part out and charged me for it. I am going to call Corporate to get a refund. If this was an official recall then I should get reimbursed. Attached the work order for the issue I had and paid for due to out of warranty. Anyone have the direct link for the official recall?
My car started to rough idle about a week ago and today while waiting at a red light it was soo bad car actually turned off on me... when I turned it back on it had a check engine light so I drove it straight to the dealer. 3 days to look at car because they are soo backed up but I think it will be the same thing as what they replaced on your car.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
My car started to rough idle about a week ago and today while waiting at a red light it was soo bad car actually turned off on me... when I turned it back on it had a check engine light so I drove it straight to the dealer. 3 days to look at car because they are soo backed up but I think it will be the same thing as what they replaced on your car.
Does it do it after a fill up?

I had p1450 and need a fuel part the was like under $50 bucks that the dealer charged like 185$ 2 hour to install. And the part looks all of 5 minute to clip on.

Got a p0302 changed the plug and coil same code a bit worried.

Bigstang16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red EB
Does it do it after a fill up?

I had p1450 and need a fuel part the was like under $50 bucks that the dealer charged like 185$ 2 hour to install. And the part looks all of 5 minute to clip on.

Got a p0302 changed the plug and coil same code a bit worried.

I only had about 50miles left in the tank when it happened last.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Anything new on this possible issue?

Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
Anything new on this possible issue?
At 20 dollars a sensor it's best to just replace it and forget about it. Even if it's fine at the moment, if the chance was .2 percent possibility of losing an engine it warrants a replacement at that price and ease of replacement.

articrandom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang
I tried installing mine but it is really stuck in there and dealer wants $75ish to replace it...

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
At 20 dollars a sensor it's best to just replace it and forget about it. Even if it's fine at the moment, if the chance was .2 percent possibility of losing an engine it warrants a replacement at that price and ease of replacement.
Maybe. If there is actually something behind this. That is sort of what I hoping to find out. Or maybe there is something and I missed it.

You can spend quite a bit if you chose to replace anything that might fail. If more data comes to light that this is truly a thing, I will be happy to replace it.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I only had about 50miles left in the tank when it happened last.
Sorry been busy. The part they replaced or installed was FR3Z*9G297*C. That fix/helped my rough idle issue.

The code I spoke about the P0302 was went away on it's own, possible readjusting of fuel system maybe. Ran a bottle of Deep clean by Lucas and the car felt great. Keeping an eye on it still feels wired though sometimes, I'm paranoid there may be a fuel related problem. Never ran a catch can for what is worth. and at 49k.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
This is often used as justification for all kinds of modifications as well. A catch can is cheap insurance against all the supposed ills one can protect against, why not install one?

The problem is every time you do anything mechanical to your car you increase the chance of making a mistake and causing harm—this is the mantra of the if-it-ain't-broke-don't-fix-it crowd.

If you've already heavily modded your car—especially with a tune—then you are likely far more risk tolerant than those trying not to void their warranty. If you ARE trying to maintain your warranty then my advice is to do nothing. Any problems that might arise for the failure of this part will be covered by your warranty, and Ford knows it. That gives me confidence that Ford will weigh the pros and cons of replacing the part and act accordingly, especially since it already has done so with the older cars.
Sponsored

Last edited: