Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Never thought I'd see the Official 3.0 for the 16/17 cars! Too bad Waze hasn't dropped the update yet! Probably getting rid of the car after it is returned from the body shop so it will be the next owners headache.....

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
I compared the files its exactly the same size as unofficial one, not missing out on anything dont worry

curious, does this mean Waze will work?

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Never thought I'd see the Official 3.0 for the 16/17 cars! Too bad Waze hasn't dropped the update yet! Probably getting rid of the car after it is returned from the body shop so it will be the next owners headache.....
Waze update for iOS comes out next month. I believe it's already available now if you're on Android.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I was able to download the update for my '18. Do you really have to have the car running or will it update in ACC mode?

Ford seems to have been tinkering with the Owner login page recently. I'm not sure if the frequent login errors I have been getting is because of that or because it just doesn't work on all platforms. They appear to just take it down and give a vague error failure instead of a proper "We're working on things" notice.

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I was able to download the update for my '18. Do you really have to have the car running or will it update in ACC mode?
I guess it is incase it takes 2hrs and it drains the battery

Reactions: nrc
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
curious, does this mean Waze will work?
no, that will happen when waze brings out their new update, but now we have the syn3 that supports it when its out (18025)

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Anyone getting an installation error?

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato

Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
I did. I'm running the unreleased version.
My error code is LST_ERR05, anyone know how to resolve it?

Update: Looks like macOS does something funny when extracting the file, transferred the update file to a Windows computer and unzipped in Windows, worked like a charm.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I can only give one data point. That seemed unnecessary to me, so I installed it in ACC mode. No problem.

I suspect that "requirement" is to address some current (or past and never removed) unlikely condition that might affect the update. For example, maybe accidentally pushing the start button during installation is more likely or has a different effect if the car is running or not. Or the car turning off for being on ACC for x amount of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: nrc