Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
IROC Z with T Tops was one of my most wanted as a teen. That picture got me to looking to see what they go for these days! As with anything condition is everything, but have to think these are going up in value just like the Cobra's and Mach's from the day. Seems like cars go up in value about 30-40 years after they are produced when us old guys finally have the money to buy the cars we couldn't afford as teenagers!

OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
I know this is a Mustang Forum, but I'll give some details on both Camaros. The '87 IROC-Z is a fully loaded car with only 20k original miles. It's a national show winner with multiple Platinum awards and 1000 point judged scale with a high of 996. It has the 350, TTops, leather and the Bose stereo system. I've had the car for 18 years.

The '82 Pace Car was my fathers. It's been in the family now for 17 years, has only 29k miles and has also won many local awards, but no national awards. I'm the moderator of the History/Originality forum on Thirdgen.org, so if you ever visit that site, you'll be able to find many pictures of my cars from over the years.

My IROC-Z was just recently featured on Autogeek's Facebook page as Mike Phillips commented that it has the nicest factory original paint for a car of that era. It was also featured in Hemming's Muscle Machines a few years back. It's been in multiple Camaro books and magazines. I'm proud of what I've done with that car. Now it's time to drive it and enjoy it.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/history-originality/693883-scott-moyer-got-ink-2.html#post5707281

Last edited:
OP
OP
scottmoyer

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Bad news guys. The Mustang is going away!! I have had many problems with the paint since I got it back from the shop. The glass finish was so smooth, but 6 weeks later, the paint is starting to texture to the point where the reflection is rough. I also noticed that the paint started flaking in the corners of the hood vents. It appears that the body shop sanded, but didn't use an adhesion promoter for the paint to stick and it's not grabbing the sanded paint very well.

In the 6 weeks since I got it back, I have stone chips in the front end that are excessive compared to my truck that had 160k miles, my '14 GT with 40k miles, or any other car I own. So a stone hits it and takes a chunk of paint with it!!

Ford offered to buy it back. I haven't decided if I want a 2018 Lebanon Ford Whipple Supercharged GT, or a truck. I'm leaning truck. Because of the way Ford has stepped up, I'm also leaning 2018 F150 XLT or Lariat.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you got the buy back approved this time! Either way I'm sure you'll be happy, but based on the toys you have in the garage I'd say go for the truck and take a break from the modern muscle so you can appreciate it more when you jump back in after a few years.

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Looks good almost looks like a vinyl sticker
Sponsored