Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Nice video [MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION]. This is one of the few (if any) MBRP race exhaust + MBRP catted downpipe videos out there. I like the fact that you replaced the restrictive part where the exhausts connect to the dp with a true 3” pipe. It also sounds great. Does the increased drone in the cabin bother you? You can use FORScan to deactivate the Active Noise Cancellation and this will decrease drone. Any smoke or fuel smell after installing it?

I suppose that you are now dataloging for Adam. Let us know if you feel any improvement in power from your sear dyno. You can also ask Adam for that, I think he can give you an estimation based on the datalogs you send him.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] The drone never bothered me. Drone did it increase, but for me it's tolerable and sounds amazing. Especially on hard pulls. Definitely glad we removed the restrictive part. Thanks to the shop for spotting it for me.

I don't have FORScan... It's that something I can download? Any vids to show me how to deactivate the ANC?

Smoke no, but smell yes. This is due to the oils or lubrication they put on the pipping at MBRP. It's fine now though after a couple days. No more smell.

Power difference, I feel a big difference. Just feels healthy and aggressive. Hard to explain, but without a Dyno hard to tell. I'll ask Adam though.

Yeah I am datalogging currently. On my second revision. Keep you guys posted. Plan on loading another video on just sound all around.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here it is... Full video of the sound all around plus a bonus clip...

[ame]

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Nice video clip [MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Regarding your question about how to deactivate the Active Noise Cancellation using FORScan, he link below describes the process. I think you have subscribed to that thread, as a while a go you replied to me. Go to post #61 onwards:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78455&highlight=Active+noise&page=5

Instructions on how to use FORScan can be found here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

It seems hard to use but it’s extremely easy. There is no need to buy an expensive bluetooth or wifi adapter. If you are in the US, you can buy the following USB adapter:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELM327-USB...300378&hash=item3f509ce833:g:YOEAAOSwrklVTSVa

I am in Europe and I bought the following one, which is the same:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELM327-U...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

They both work perfectly with FORSCAN, as they can read and write HS and MS-CAN modules, without the need of an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter. I use the second one for over a year without any issues at all.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION] ohhhh yeeeeaaah... Been a long time man, sorry lol. I remember now. Thanks for the info again... Don't think I need it for now since I am happy with my noise ha ha ha... But week look at it for future...

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=27749]MakStang[/MENTION],
Based on Adam, with my charge air temps and 93oct I am looking at lower 300’s for power and upper 300’s for torque. Let's see if I can find reputable Dyno shop to get official numbers.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
It would be great if you confirmed those numbers at a reliable dyno. Based on my mods and my datalogs, Adam estimated 315whp and 390 lbft wtq for my car. I would be very satisfied if those numbers proved to be true. Unfortunately I do not trust the dynos in my country.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It would be great if you confirmed those numbers at a reliable dyno. Based on my mods and my datalogs, Adam estimated 315whp and 390 lbft wtq for my car. I would be very satisfied if those numbers proved to be true. Unfortunately I do not trust the dynos in my country.
So we should be about the same then more or less... Yeah need to find a reputable Dyno here in Florida.

April15Hater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION] If you don't mind me asking, what was the labor charge to install the DP and eliminate the reduction?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=29553]BoosTang23T[/MENTION] If you don't mind me asking, what was the labor charge to install the DP and eliminate the reduction?
$150 was my total cost.

April15Hater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
$150 was my total cost.
That's not too bad, I might end up doing that... I have a MBRP cat back race black series and a Mishimoto DP coming tomorrow and I was thinking about doing this except with a resonator. I'll probably just install for now with the reducer and see how it sounds and if it's intolerable just pull the plug. Thanks for the info!
Sponsored