Sponsored

3.7 Forced induction

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
For those wondering about clutch/flywheel when upgrading to FI.... When I had the procharger installed I went with the McLeod RST and their lightened steel flywheel after RAMs setup did not work out. Both Mcleod options work for the v6 with little R&D. I believe I may be the first to do this. No issues so far and I love em. Definitely recommended Shaftmasters aluminum DS, G-force half shafts, and upgrading your gears/diff. Completely different animal now.
And when you say R&D what exactly was needed to match this clutch up to the V6? At this point I am ready to jump to the ACT.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
What did gears you upgrade to? And when you say R&D what exactly was needed to match this clutch up to the V6? At this point I am ready to jump to the ACT.
I'm assuming he added the needed spacer (.75") that allows you to run the S550 GT flywheel (or any aftermarket flywheel meant for the GT). The spacer goes under the throwout bearing. RAM makes it. They also make a 'kit' with a throwout bearing that already has the spacer installed.

Spec sells a replacement flywheel that has a dual bolt pattern so both V6 and GT clutches can be used.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I'm assuming he added the needed spacer (.75") that allows you to run the S550 GT flywheel (or any aftermarket flywheel meant for the GT). The spacer goes under the throwout bearing. RAM makes it. They also make a 'kit' with a throwout bearing that already has the spacer installed.

Spec sells a replacement flywheel that has a dual bolt pattern so both V6 and GT clutches can be used.
Appreciate it. Thanks. New to the clutch game. Anybody just go the cheap route and upgrade to the GT flywheel since what seems to fail on our manuals is the flywheel?

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
I used the Mcleod lightened steel flywheel which is for the GT. And yes, the r&d was for a spacer. Mcleod recommends using their flywheel and I'm completely fine with that. I wouldnt use anything RAM anymore. Just me. But their clutch did not work properly. I got my money back. They were great about that, but I am stuck with their billet flywheel as it was not defected. McLeod is much better than any of the v6 only clutch companies anyway.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate it. Thanks. New to the clutch game. Anybody just go the cheap route and upgrade to the GT flywheel since what seems to fail on our manuals is the flywheel?
Yup use the .75 Ram Spacer (@$80) OEM GT flywheel (@$160) and clutch for your choice.

Sponsored

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Got two of my rims done. Pushed it out for a bath today.

[/ATTACH]
thumbnail_0423181316.jpg

Attachments

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Any updates on the D1 build?
The build has been put on hold till 5-18-18 since the crank pulley and dowl pin became an issue when I drilled the hole it did not go deep enough and will not allow the Crank pulley to fit correct May 18th was the earliest I could get it to a performance shop to make the correction I am unable to make and it will be back to me for Data logs.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Mine was mentioned on first page.
8 PSI (4.1 pulley)

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Can I ask this question, does the procharger come with a wastegate? I read up a little on it and it seems like that is a great way to get more torque.

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
No it does not come with one but as you've probably seen others have put one on in combination with smaller pulley so it will spool up at lower RPM and then bleed off boost at higher RPM so not to overboost. I asked Procharger about it and they said it is harder on the unit so they do not recommend it.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Oh I thought I read that it was easier on the system. But it would make sense thatit is harder on the procharger since it has to spool up all the time.

What's a better way to get more torque off the procharger? Smaller pulley?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Oh I thought I read that it was easier on the system. But it would make sense thatit is harder on the procharger since it has to spool up all the time.

What's a better way to get more torque off the procharger? Smaller pulley?
Just curious what you mean when you are talking about more torque? My 3.7 with minor mods and a tune, with the 6 speed and 3.55 gears is more than enough to over power street tires in the lower gears without trying...

Low range? Mid Range?

Me personally I'd want it upper mid range, right under the HP peak, where you can actually use it.

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
I have plenty of torque with my setup and occasionally it is unusable because I just spin tires. I will be getting some nt05r’s so hopefully that will help out. I personally prefer more horsepower over torque but that is just me
Sponsored