Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
Lets hear it!

My '16 has a great engine. 19,000 mi including six track days. Engine is dead quiet and has yet to burn any oil.
I have had a few other issues.
The rear end was noisy and had a driveshaft vibe from the day i picked it up. Sunrise Ford replaced the complete diff assy long with the driveshaft. Completely satisfied.
Ac evaporator failed @12,000 mi. Also replaced by Sunrise Ford. Very good work!

I made a few mods, Transmission cooler., Tob's very cool caliper studs, 6GR wheels with Michlen pilot 305/325's.

This thing continues to impress with every drive.
Sponsored

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
My 17 doesn't burn any oil! 10k miles. I daily it and have 1 track day under my belt with 2 more planned. Even after the track day my oil level was dead on.

I have had other issues -
Bad rear wheel bearing off the showroom floor
Broken CV boot, halfshaft needs to be replaced
Transmission won't go into reverse sometimes
Occasionally the starter takes an abnormally long time to turn over

Whatever. Love driving this car.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Coming up on 11,111 miles (should get there tomorrow!). I've had the car since 2.6 miles. March of 2016.

9 track days, 4 autocrosses.

Issues so far? Bad thermostat within the first 100-500 miles (I forgot, but it was early). I can tell the AC might be on it's way out as it's blown warm air about 3-4 times for a few minutes before going cold again. It hasn't done it this year yet but the weather is heating up so we'll see. Not burning any oil and the only random noise I heard was a slight rattle at engine startup when it was already warm a few months ago. Kinda freaked me out for a bit but I haven't heard it since.

I still have the same corny ass grin every time I drive it and don't see that feeling wearing off anytime soon. :D

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Coming up on 11,111 miles (should get there tomorrow!). I've had the car since 2.6 miles. March of 2016.

9 track days, 4 autocrosses.

Issues so far? Bad thermostat within the first 100-500 miles (I forgot, but it was early). I can tell the AC might be on it's way out as it's blown warm air about 3-4 times for a few minutes before going cold again. It hasn't done it this year yet but the weather is heating up so we'll see. Not burning any oil and the only random noise I heard was a slight rattle at engine startup when it was already warm a few months ago. Kinda freaked me out for a bit but I haven't heard it since.

I still have the same corny ass grin every time I drive it and don't see that feeling wearing off anytime soon. :D
Will break 10k at road atlanta. 6 track days, minimal issues. Same corny ass grin here everytime I drive my R

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm getting close to 27,000 miles on mine. Doesn't burn oil. Had the AC repair and incorrectly installed splitter. The dealer had to try twice to get the oil line recall done correctly. Several track days - a little limited because I had to install coolers and swap transmissions, which limited my "fun money" last year.

I love this car. I know it's "just" a Mustang but it still feels exotic to me.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Just over 15000 and running strong. Has burned a total of 2 quarts of oil. Catch can is super effective. Had the oil cooler recall done without a hiccup. Hundreds of autocross runs. Not saving the pvssy for the next guy.

And about that great engine...it's so great it deserves at least 600 horsepower [MENTION=12069]Hack[/MENTION] :D

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Mine's close to 11k miles now, no oil consumption problem.... no leaks, no noises, no issues. It seems that my thermostat is throwing codes now and on the way out, but that's about it so far.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Man am I glad this thread started. It is nice to see posts of those not using oil or very little. All you see are the posts of those drinking oil like water. Keep them coming.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
My 16 Tech Pack with Track Pack transmission is up to almost 14,000 with 10 track days under her belt. No oil usage. No weird noises. Only issue was limp mode and a improperly installed splitter. It seems to eat rear tires though.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
18 R 2200 miles drive the piss out of it multiple hard canyon runs and several track days no oil usage and runs great with no noises or rattles.

Had a 17 non R close to 15K when I sold it, used a little oil but found driving style high rpms low load caused some of the oil consumption changed habits and consumption when to almost nothing.

I think these are very solid engines that make great power and all they ask is you pull the dipstick out maybe once a week just to make sure they have all there fluids up to snuff.

Not like you would get on a plane and fly it without doing a preflight! Show the motor just a little TLC and it will probably last a very long time.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Liars. All of you. There’s no way you’re not drinking oil. I’ve read those other threads. I know the truth. Those guys have almost scientifically determined that ~1, maybe 2% of the cars are oil slushes, thus there’s no way this many of us are having this kind of luck!! Keep it up and you’ll have peeps thinking the car is not half bad, and I didn’t think that was the goal! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :p

7litergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (H4200), 1966 Fastback 427W
One more here with no oil usage, almost at 10k miles with two full track days under its belt.

Only problem so far is a broken retainer tab on the passenger door weather stripping. Always excited to get in and go for a ride!

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
.5 qt over 2k miles.

I'll take those numbers, especially considering how mean I am to it.

Also my car has no other issues. I just wish it had HD radio.

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've put on 13,500 miles and added 3 quarts over that period. No track days or autocross, just mountain drives and short roadtrips. No mechanical problems. I do have a faint 'tick' rattle that I've got coming from the passenger seatbelt area when I hit small bumps. I haven't been able to sort that out.

Praying to the HVAC Gods that the A/C doesn't go out.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
9,200 problem free miles. Used it as a DD for the 1st year of ownership and as a fun weekend and occasional weekday driver for the past 10 months.
Sponsored