Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Can one of the 400a/401a guys try to follow that plug end to see if it runs to another plug? Trying to see if maybe that one came be added or if Ford just decided to use a completely different harness for those packages.
Next time I'm under the car I'll check. Not sure how soon that'll be though :-/.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Benny is the parts guy there? I am going to give him a call. I am relatively local to them and I can go pick them up.
Benny is the rep on this forum. I don't believe he's local to the dealership, though. I've had numerous issues with shipping (I actually have four mufflers in my possession at this point), and the guy I've been dealing with locally is named Mike. I've been communicating through PM with Benny here, and he's pretty frustrated with the shipping guys at Levittown.

JR

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Benny is the rep on this forum. I don't believe he's local to the dealership, though. I've had numerous issues with shipping (I actually have four mufflers in my possession at this point), and the guy I've been dealing with locally is named Mike. I've been communicating through PM with Benny here, and he's pretty frustrated with the shipping guys at Levittown.

JR
What is his screen name to get in touch with him?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I have the mufflers in my possession, I paid $188 ea. I did some investigating on my '18 GT. There is the connector shown in the pictures at the rear on the car, plugged into a blank to keep it clean.
The relay & fuse are also present in the relay center.
It looks like the only other thing I need is the harness that connects this 12 pin connector to the 2 4 pin connectors at the exhaust valves. Anyone know a way to figure out the part number from the diagram? It is labeled C3806, but I can't find anything using that. If I can't find it from Ford, or it is too expensive, I can make up the harness. I will do a full writeup on converting an '18 once I can get this harness.

Ok. I just crawled under my car, and I don't have that connector. I have a 2018 gt premium with 401a. I see from your signature that you have magnaride. Do you have the safe and smart package too? I'm guessing that active exhaust setup pretty wire probably comes with the magride harness. Which implies folks with active, but no magride, probably have the connection for magride too. Or it's tied in with blis. But in either case, I'm short that connector.

Is it easy to see where it ties in? I'm guessing you've got a different body harness than I do.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. I just crawled under my car, and I don't have that connector. I have a 2018 gt premium with 401a. I see from your signature that you have magnaride. Do you have the safe and smart package too? I'm guessing that active exhaust setup pretty wire probably comes with the magride harness. Which implies folks with active, but no magride, probably have the connection for magride too. Or it's tied in with blis. But in either case, I'm short that connector.

Is it easy to see where it ties in? I'm guessing you've got a different body harness than I do.
I don’t have magneride or safe and smart but I have that connection on a 400a convertible.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I just checked to see where it ties in. It is part of the charcoal canister emissions harness. It goes up into the trunk and disappears behind one of the plastic panels. It must run through the interior of the car.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I just checked to see where it ties in. It is part of the charcoal canister emissions harness. It goes up into the trunk and disappears behind one of the plastic panels. It must run through the interior of the car.

Yeah, in fact it's the entire body harness that's different. Benny just gave me a huge hand and looked up the wiring diagrams for the car...that pigtail is tied into the whole body harness. There isn't anywhere we can easily tie in, I'd hoped it was just some smaller trunk harness or something that needed to be upgraded, but that's not true.

So it's not a premium/base thing, some set of options appears to give you that harness.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yeah, in fact it's the entire body harness that's different. Benny just gave me a huge hand and looked up the wiring diagrams for the car...that pigtail is tied into the whole body harness. There isn't anywhere we can easily tie in, I'd hoped it was just some smaller trunk harness or something that needed to be upgraded, but that's not true.

So it's not a premium/base thing, some set of options appears to give you that harness.
Dammnn :(

If that’s the case, I may be putting my active exhaust up for sale. I have the solenoids, solenoid harnesses, and the ultra RARE factory Y style harness needed to join the mufflers to connect to the factory harness. The mufflers are already set up with a Roush stainless Xpipe. This will be direct plugnplay for anyone with the blank connector in the rear. If anyone is insterested, pm me.

Sponsored

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Dammnn :(

If that’s the case, I may be putting my active exhaust up for sale. I have the solenoids, solenoid harnesses, and the ultra RARE factory Y style harness needed to join the mufflers to connect to the factory harness. The mufflers are already set up with a Roush stainless Xpipe. This will be direct plugnplay for anyone with the blank connector in the rear. If anyone is insterested, pm me.
I dont have the plug too but I might be interested in retrofitting it. Probably shipping cost will suck. Lmk if you cant find anybody locally.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I dont have the plug too but I might be interested in retrofitting it. Probably shipping cost will suck. Lmk if you cant find anybody locally.

Retrofitting it is the problem. You'd have to replace your entire body harness. The only other thing you *could* potentially do is add some tires to the main plug on the BCM and run them back yourself. But in that case, you wouldn't need the Y harness, you'd just be doing some splicing on the jumpers off the actuators. And you might still need to wire power, as the pins off the BCM are probably just for the PWM control, and not the 12v source/ground for the motor.

I'm checking on that now before I scrap this idea entirely.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
Retrofitting it is the problem. You'd have to replace your entire body harness. The only other thing you *could* potentially do is add some tires to the main plug on the BCM and run them back yourself. But in that case, you wouldn't need the Y harness, you'd just be doing some splicing on the jumpers off the actuators. And you might still need to wire power, as the pins off the BCM are probably just for the PWM control, and not the 12v source/ground for the motor.

I'm checking on that now before I scrap this idea entirely.
Sorry my bad. I was trying to mean just wiring it for on/off (also 50%) if possible. I might just buy and keep it at open position as well.
I dont wanna mass up anything by splicing cables...

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
If anyone is on the fence about it, get off, it sounds amazing! I don't have the wiring hooked up yet, so the butterflies are in the full open position, but damn! This is still with the stock resonator, which will come out and be replaced with the Steeda H-pipe, once the wiring is connected, and I can quiet them down.

JR

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So has anyone besides SVTsnake gotten the system running as a factory install? He posted once but we never got any details about activating the system in Forscan. I am looking to get the parts ordered. Just want to confirm this definitely will work as I have no experience with forscan.
Sponsored