anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
Has anyone fitted this bar?

I’ve just put it in and found it sits 2” to 3” higher than the harness exit holes on the seat (I have the Corbeau RRB Seats) so the harnesses rise up as they go towards the bar.

Harnesses are supposed to be a max of 0 degrees (ie flat) so this doesn’t seem safe to me... anyone else have experience with this bar?

https://www.redline360.com/cipher-auto-harness-bar-mustang-CPA5018HB-BK
Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Would it be lower if reversed?

What is the angle with you in the seat, in the harness? That is what matters. Not the angle to the empty harness slots.

It's possible the harness bar was designed around the stock seats, and is too high for lower mounted racing seats.

OP
OP
anubis

anubis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 with mods
I think you’re right that it was designed using the height of the stock seats. The bar sits at least 2” too high

My shoulders are level roughly with the seat holes so it still rises at at 10 to 15 degree angle with me in the seat

I think I’m going to try getting the mounting plates at either end of the harness bar extended by a metalworking company so that it hangs down lower from the B pillars. I’ll have to get the support bars shortened too. It’s either that or buy a completely different bar but the only other one I can see is $600 on AM
Sponsored