Sponsored

2019 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2019 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I finally put in my order for an Ingot Silver GT Premium Fastback. CS/401A/Active Valve/Safe Smart/Security/Floor Liners. I know I can get the Factory spare tire kit for a lot cheaper online. I however was a little disappointed you could not get velocity blue with the GT/CS. However I am partial to ingot, my current car is ingot and has aged very well over the years and does very well in hiding rock chips/swirls. the paint has stood up very well and really sparkles under light.

Possible Ideas, I may replace the rear with the FRPP blank decklid, remove the scoops, remove the front pony tribar emblem. But the concern is if the 2019 has pre-drilled positioning holes for the scoops. I could also take the GT/CS stripe off?

Why a GT/CS then? I love the microsuede interior with red stitching, I like the matching gloss upper and lower grill and pattern. The unique pedestal spoiler is decent, not too small not too big. already comes with a STB and 19" tires as added value. Only items I do not care for is the scoops, but the Faux cap is fine, could just debadge the California Special logo?

Otherwise I most likely might leave entire car as, I am a little tired of black wheels, I may replace them with FRPP dark tarnished ecoboost wheels, and the rest would just be suspension braces for a little wheel hop reduction and cornering assistance.
Sponsored

SoFloEco

5 Liters of Love!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime HPP Ecoboost Mustang
Much love to @DuKeGaAGa for the awesome Automatic COTUS Tracker. My Orange Fury beauty has a VIN and is in Order Processing. Woooooot!

60638252dOv.jpg

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
What is the real definition of "blend date" as such term is used by Ford? I've heard everything from its the actual build date to the date all of your parts are in the parts bin for a build (build to occur 7-10 days later), and so on and so forth.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
This sounds like a dealer claiming they have an allocation they don't have. If they had an allocation you'd be scheduled by now.
My local dealer told me they couldn't even place a Bullitt order without an allocation?
I am beyond frustrated as all dealers are adding ADM's from 5-15K!

How long before Ford gets to this order if not allocated?

Tjking30

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thomasjking.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Got my VIN today! 19 GT Premium Covert, 10 sp, 401, PP, B&O, Ruby Red: In order processing! Ordered 6/4 EDD of 8/18

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
Got my VIN today! 19 GT Premium Covert, 10 sp, 401, PP, B&O, Ruby Red: In order processing! Ordered 6/4 EDD of 8/18
I think this illustrates what a crap shoot ordering a car from Ford is. I ordered 5/8 and COTUS has an EDD of 8/11, dealer recently said 8/15. So, apparently ordering a month earlier amounted to squat.

What's amazing to me is how long it appears to take Ford to make and deliver what is a run of the mill production car. From personal experience, I saw first hand an Audi TTRS (by all accounts, a lower production car, with limited dealer allocation) get ordered and delivered from Europe this year in about 2.5 months. Why on earth does it take a local manufacturer like Ford 3 months or more to deliver a Mustang. I think that speaks poorly of Ford.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My local dealer told me they couldn't even place a Bullitt order without an allocation?
I am beyond frustrated as all dealers are adding ADM's from 5-15K!

How long before Ford gets to this order if not allocated?
It's really anyone's guess. I have heard that new allocations won't be given until the fall or early next year. If I were you I'd start hunting for a dealer stock order that isn't spoken for if you want one sooner.

I think this illustrates what a crap shoot ordering a car from Ford is. I ordered 5/8 and COTUS has an EDD of 8/11, dealer recently said 8/15. So, apparently ordering a month earlier amounted to squat.

What's amazing to me is how long it appears to take Ford to make and deliver what is a run of the mill production car. From personal experience, I saw first hand an Audi TTRS (by all accounts, a lower production car, with limited dealer allocation) get ordered and delivered from Europe this year in about 2.5 months. Why on earth does it take a local manufacturer like Ford 3 months or more to deliver a Mustang. I think that speaks poorly of Ford.
Ordering this time was cool since the Bullitt is a car I plan to keep forever, but if it's a fairly common configuration Mustang, I definitely think I'd recommend searching through dealer stock first and see if you can find what you want. Much easier and faster and you have nothing to lose. If you find what you want, cancel the order, if you don't, then it's a decision between either compromising on options or waiting it out with your order. This is how I got my EcoBoost back in 2014. Started plugging in zip codes and searching, ended up driving 3 hours to pick it up because it was the only manual Premium Guard nearby. Still way faster than 2-3 months and the anxiety it can create.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2

Keep in mind you ordered a car before they started to produce or even schedule that Model Year. So if you get your car 8/15 that is right about 2 months after the first 2019 came off the line. Just think if they didn't allow anyone to place an order till the factory had the 2019 lineup ready to go you would get your run of the mill production car half a month sooner than that super cool TTRS.

But also configurations have a lot to do with when something gets built. If you selected the B&O Audio they may not have had that up to the line the first week or two weeks to get it in cars. Then everyone that ordered that option before you would also get scheduled before you once it was ready to go. (Just an example I know nothing about what options were supplied and ready to go on day 1)

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
It's really anyone's guess. I have heard that new allocations won't be given until the fall or early next year. If I were you I'd start hunting for a dealer stock order that isn't spoken for if you want one sooner.
I'm probably SOL.
Dealer went silent on me as he probably knows he screwed up but I have the order still standing.
A few call in the Northeast have dealers adding 5-15K.

I'll start the emails and website searches. If anything I either wait a bit or order a "regular" GT at the current dealer for a song. (or the bad reviews start flying!)
I really hate greedy dealers!:paddle:

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Well, after it’s 8 day train ride across the country, my new baby sits in it’s final destination rail yard about a half hour from my dealer. Yet I still have an EDD 28 days from now and it’s a half hour away. What the heck is up with that?!? :frusty:

Sponsored

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Well, after it’s 8 day train ride across the country, my new baby sits in it’s final destination rail yard about a half hour from my dealer. Yet I still have an EDD 28 days from now and it’s a half hour away. What the heck is up with that?!? :frusty:
Is that what Performance Chat says? Mine made it from Benicia train port to All Star Ford in Pittsburg in about 6 days. I'm betting you are closer in than that. Car is amazing...enjoy! :)

stevegt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium. 2019 GT PP1 ordered
Is that what Performance Chat says? Mine made it from Benicia train port to All Star Ford in Pittsburg in about 6 days. I'm betting you are closer in than that. Car is amazing...enjoy! :)
Thanks Dave! That info is from COTUS and Ford Performance. Car is in Milpitas. Saw my dealer and he was shaking his head. Says to expect it in about a week to 10 days. Sure hope he is right. Just getting excited. Been waiting a long time!

If you see a skinny old man cruising around the Bay Area in a car that looks just like yours except with the PP1 spoiler, that will be me!

Soco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
19 DHG Bullitt, 15 F-150 3.5l EB
Ordered 2019 Bullitt with all options minus recaros on 04/03/18, recieved VIN 5/31/18, awaiting shipment as of this morning, EDD 08/05/19. Coming to Deale, MD

racrguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks Dave! That info is from COTUS and Ford Performance. Car is in Milpitas. Saw my dealer and he was shaking his head. Says to expect it in about a week to 10 days. Sure hope he is right. Just getting excited. Been waiting a long time!

If you see a skinny old man cruising around the Bay Area in a car that looks just like yours except with the PP1 spoiler, that will be me!
I've seen multiple people mention a Ford Chat, where might one go to find that?