Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Front Control Arms (Lateral and Tension Link)

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Is the Steeda S550 Mustang Front Roll Center & Bumpsteer Correction Kit (2015-2019 All) really necessary for a non-track, cruising daily driver?
Not necessary, but recommend.
Thank you,
Steeda Tech
Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I'm a novice driving my first lowered car. Can you explain your recommendation with a little more detail?

I'm on Steeda progressives.
This is a definite improvement for the handling of your S550
I Would recommend the bump steer kit as well with this package.
Also, great upgrade for the non P/P cars that are lowered.

By increasing the ball stud height on the Lateral Link, Steeda has eliminated the adverse effects of lowering your vehicle by raising the front roll center. This, in turn, helps to increase steering response, decrease body roll, and increase cornering grip, helping you turn even better lap times! The Tension Links have air scoops built onto them for added brake cooling and feature our 555-4128 - Steeda S550 Mustang Front Control Arm Bearings, which eliminates bushing deflection.

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Homestead 05/19/2018

Homestead 05/19/2018
Finished 2nd first race and Won the last race! All done in the rain. The last race was a nail biter! The M3 BMW was fast, lots of great driving between them! The victory was only half of a second! Steeda NT01 equipped. BMW M3 Hoosier rain tires.
Steeda is leading in SARRC points!
Steeda Tech

Super savings,on our tension and lateral links!
HOM RAIN.jpg
Steeda_Forum_memorialday-banner.jpg

TimAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I just had the lateral links & bumpsteer kit installed on my car. The difference in handling and reduction in bumpsteer are incredible. I had some bumpsteer issues on bad roads (common SF Bay Area freeways) after lowering my car. I switched to a new set of wheels with a 285/35/20 up front, the increase in contact patch & grip really brought out the problem. I was fighting the steering wheel on the bumpier roads and had to turn the electronic steering damper on for safety purposes. After installing these two parts, the front end sits flat in hard corners and the bumpsteer is almost non existent. The steering feel is much lighter and precise as well.

Thanks again Steeda for building great products that deliver.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Would these be beneficial for lowered cars from the factory, such as PP2..?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Would these be beneficial for lowered cars from the factory, such as PP2..?
I put in a request to engineering will keep you posted.

Steeda Tech

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, informative video we wanted to share:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]hbTbw0eGmfw[/MEDIA]"]

Best Regards,

TJ

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Just read the whole thread but I'm still not clear on what I need to deal with a 1" lower ride height if I have a PP already as I see reference to PP bushings in one of these links. Don't want to get something I don't need but am I right in thinking that the Steeda link with the PP bushing is a different design to the OEM PP link?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Just read the whole thread but I'm still not clear on what I need to deal with a 1" lower ride height if I have a PP already as I see reference to PP bushings in one of these links. Don't want to get something I don't need but am I right in thinking that the Steeda link with the PP bushing is a different design to the OEM PP link?
Our direct replacement for the P/P has a stiffer durometer bushing.
Great replacement for non P/P cars as well.

I would recommend the kit listed below for all lowered S550 for optimum handling.

https://www.steeda.com/Steeda-S550-...eer-Correction-Kit-2015-2019-All_p_15413.html

Thank you,

Steeda Tech

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can save 15% during our 4th of July Sale on Steeda Manufactured Parts!

100cf85a-f4ed-47f0-bd29-c56a9b5f01e1.jpg

Best Regards,

TJ

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

I installed the tension link bearings (555-4128) (AKA radius arms/front control arms) by pressing the old rubber bushings out and pressing the HUGE bearings into my stock arms. I also replaced my lateral links (rear control arms) with the Steeda roll-center corrected arms (555-4906). No major issues with the install, other than a stubborn bushing that I had to cut out. You can avoid this by spending another $60 ish and getting the arms with bearings already pressed in direct from Steeda.

Anyway, the ONLY mods were the lateral links and upgrade bearings to the front lower control arms, listed above. When I finished, the front wheels had 2.75" of toe out (combined). I was able to get it dialed back to 1/16" toe out (combined) without much trouble, but I can't figure out if this is normal? What would cause this dramatic difference in toe, when the tie rods weren't even touched. I didn't compare the length of those lateral links (OEM to Steeda's) but surely the new arms must be shorter, therefore pulling the rear of the wheels inboard, causing toe out?

I will be testing the parts at an autocross this weekend, but they already feel great daily driving on the street. Can't wait to do the rear bearings too!

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
[MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION]

I installed the tension link bearings (555-4128) (AKA radius arms/front control arms) by pressing the old rubber bushings out and pressing the HUGE bearings into my stock arms. I also replaced my lateral links (rear control arms) with the Steeda roll-center corrected arms (555-4906). No major issues with the install, other than a stubborn bushing that I had to cut out. You can avoid this by spending another $60 ish and getting the arms with bearings already pressed in direct from Steeda.

Anyway, the ONLY mods were the lateral links and upgrade bearings to the front lower control arms, listed above. When I finished, the front wheels had 2.75" of toe out (combined). I was able to get it dialed back to 1/16" toe out (combined) without much trouble, but I can't figure out if this is normal? What would cause this dramatic difference in toe, when the tie rods weren't even touched. I didn't compare the length of those lateral links (OEM to Steeda's) but surely the new arms must be shorter, therefore pulling the rear of the wheels inboard, causing toe out?

I will be testing the parts at an autocross this weekend, but they already feel great daily driving on the street. Can't wait to do the rear bearings too!
The control arms are the same length. The extended ball joint is what caused the toe out,which is normal.

Thank you,

Steeda tech

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice review I saw on another thread:

This was last week, but I installed Steeda tension arms with upgraded bushings and PP lateral arms in the front. Hell of a difference in the front end. No more unbearable squeaking, car feels snappy, and I swear this eliminated a lot of slop in the front because my brakes feel much more responsive now than they did before.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
My garage is putting them in as part of the regular maintenance of my Mustang GT.
Old tension links are rattling and so they needed to go anyway. Will let you know the results when i get my gar back from the garage.
Sponsored