LED switchbacks that work off ebay??

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I know there's Diode dynamic but $80 is highway robbery.

The first set I bought worked but would strobe every time I turned the blinker on.

So I bought these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchback...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

And they don't do anything. It almost seems like the contacts are not long enough and don't snap in like the factory bulbs.

So, anybody have any other suggestions?

BTW both these sets of bulbs worked fine in my other car (grand prix).

Thanks
Steven
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That's why you buy the DD ones, they actually (eventually it seems, earlier batches weren't) make sure it fits securely and snaps in to place. If you reach out to different vendors (Lethal, Beefcake, etc), I'm sure you could get closer to $65 for them.

Otherwise you're just running generic bulb sizes, but some people have gotten them to work by adjusting the contacts some. Could be worth the trouble of saving $45.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
So, there is a issue with the some of these bulbs.
Guess the socket on the mustang a little different than most 3157s?

At this point, almost feel like buying the whole raxiom housings. lol

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That is exactly what I said. I saw the prices and said $80 for DD or pay double and get something like the Opt7 Arrow ones which are a lot more unique (and sequential!).

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
That is exactly what I said. I saw the prices and said $80 for DD or pay double and get something like the Opt7 Arrow ones which are a lot more unique (and sequential!).
I think I found the problem.
The ebay seller asked me to take a picture of what I was talking about.

Far left was the first one I bought. They lite up but strobed when I used the turn signal.

Middle one is the ones I just bought and don't do anything.

And looking at them. The middle one definitely has a shorter contact base. More so compared to the stock bulb.

IMG_20180423_183624.jpg

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't remember who it was before, but you could try adjusting the pines like BoosTang23T mentions in his post here. He had some fitment issues with his first set of DD bulbs and it could be as simple as trying that on these ones (unless you want to try shaving it down).

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
I've got some dd switch backs i just took off my car last weekend, and replaced with dd entire led turn signals. Pm if you're interested, i had no plans for them.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I've got some dd switch backs i just took off my car last weekend, and replaced with dd entire led turn signals. Pm if you're interested, i had no plans for them.
The Funny thing is. My brother has a 16 GT and bought some of these switchbacks off ebay for a christmas not long after he got the car.

He's had no problems at all in over two years. I just don't remember who the seller was..lol

I couldn't remember who it was before, but you could try adjusting the pines like BoosTang23T mentions in his post here. He had some fitment issues with his first set of DD bulbs and it could be as simple as trying that on these ones (unless you want to try shaving it down).
I'm going to see what these ebay sellers want to do. I will let you know.
Thanks

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Have the DD switchbacks on my '16 and they are awesome. No issues and work great.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Looking at that thread.
The updated DD bulbs look to have nice THICK contacts.

Those should work better.

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I know there's Diode dynamic but $80 is highway robbery.

The first set I bought worked but would strobe every time I turned the blinker on.

So I bought these
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchback...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

And they don't do anything. It almost seems like the contacts are not long enough and don't snap in like the factory bulbs.

So, anybody have any other suggestions?

BTW both these sets of bulbs worked fine in my other car (grand prix).

Thanks
Steven
$80 isn't highway robbery. You get what you pay for. DD also has 3 year warranty. Much better than the ebay taillight warranty.

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
The Superbright warranty is 2 years. $24 plus $12 for the marker bulbs and about $3.50 for shipping. $40 VS $72 plus whatever DD shipping is.