Sponsored

Ford Axing all cars except Mustang and Focus Active Crossover in North America

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Indeed. People seem to forget exactly what national $4/gallon of gasoline did for truck and SUV sales.
Instead we'll get to deal with electrics that can't even make it across an entire state before needing a full recharge.
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Instead we'll get to deal with electrics that can't even make it across an entire state before needing a full recharge.
And a ICE car can make it across without refilling?

ICE have had the advantage of a 100 years of infrastructure and technological development by many major corporations and countries.

Hybrids and electric vehicles have enjoyed almost a 10th less time in and are radically changing as the market shifts. A car with an aluminun air battery could get across the country with two cell swaps.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Guess Ill get a Lexus when my fusion lease is up. That was easy...No interest in a crossover or suv.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Stupid move, doesn't make sense. I'm sure they are making money on the Fusion. Just because you make MORE money on a truck/SUV doesn't matter unless you can somehow convert your auto capacity to trucks AND (this is important) the market for trucks/SUVs isn't already saturated and you can actually sell more of them. As far as I can tell there is no problem with truck supply, so why leave money on the table?

It's like I'm selling peaches, apples, and plums. Last year I sold 1000 bushels of peaches, 600 bushels of apples and 200 of plums. My profit margin is $5 a bushel for peaches, $3 a bushel for apples and $2 a bushel for plums. If I stop selling plums it doesn't make me any money unless I can convert plum sales to peach or apple sales, I'm just losing $400 in sales.

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
Indeed. People seem to forget exactly what national $4/gallon of gasoline did for truck and SUV sales.
Just what I told my wife tonight. Remember when gas prices were extremely high a few year ago, Ford couldn't sell enough gas friendly cars.:doh:

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Just what I told my wife tonight. Remember when gas prices were extremely high a few year ago, Ford couldn't sell enough gas friendly cars.:doh:
Seriously, you couldn't give away SUVs back then. The price savings the MPG provided in new small cars nearly paid for the monthly vehicle loan.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It didn't say anything about internationally. But outside of the Mustang Ford's offerings in cars just doesn't keep up. Europe seems to get the better Ford cars anyway.

The Kia Stinger seems to be a hot item now. But it is a Kia, if you can get over that.

They just need to take the big Kia logo off that steering wheel and they may have something. It looks a bit like Mercedes and BMW had a secret love child together and are pretending it's Jaguar's

italianstallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
I had been in the market for an X5 before I got this car, I know a very different vehicle. But I've seen the death of cars and driving on the way. I decided to have a little fun first.
Amen to that. I was going to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee the week before I too decided that I wanted to have a fun car before they no longer exist.

Honestly, the thing I'm most shocked about is them axing the Fusion. Every perception I have of that vehicle is that is a solid vehicle that dealers couldn't replace fast enough with how quick they were selling. The buzz and market reception on that car when the redesign came out is clearly quantified by the number of those cars I see on the road even just driving two miles to the grocery store.

The thing I dislike about all this is the entire consumer market preferring SUVs (myself included before getting the Mustang). Everyone is trying to get up higher and see the road better, which makes it harder for us in Mustang's and sedans to see beyond the car in front of us, period. And if in the future everyone on the road has an SUV, guess what? That selling point is no longer going to be a selling point.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Yea, and just think when you have an ice storm and your power is out for two weeks. Better hope you have plenty of food unless you plan on walking to the store.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Amen to that. I was going to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee the week before I too decided that I wanted to have a fun car before they no longer exist.

Honestly, the thing I'm most shocked about is them axing the Fusion. Every perception I have of that vehicle is that is a solid vehicle that dealers couldn't replace fast enough with how quick they were selling. The buzz and market reception on that car when the redesign came out is clearly quantified by the number of those cars I see on the road even just driving two miles to the grocery store.

The thing I dislike about all this is the entire consumer market preferring SUVs (myself included before getting the Mustang). Everyone is trying to get up higher and see the road better, which makes it harder for us in Mustang's and sedans to see beyond the car in front of us, period. And if in the future everyone on the road has an SUV, guess what? That selling point is no longer going to be a selling point.
Ford was still selling 300,000 Ford Fusions in 2015. They haven't updated the vehicle since 2013 so it's no surprise its sales are slipping now.

Sponsored

SVTSNAKE351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
:tsk::tsk::tsk::rant::rant::rant:This is just pathetic on so many levels.like people have said,if gas goes up,FORD will have nothing but problems.i will NEVER,and the ROCK means EVER by an electric car!!!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hackett is a fool.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Four dour mustang someday with hidden/trick door handle?
Maybe they are taking the sedan to Lincoln?

Shocked. I woulda thought the Fusion made the cut -- if you want a sedan from Ford it's the Fusion. Combine some of your disappearing Focus and Taurus sales into Fusion, and that sounds like a solid $ maker. I had a 2013 Fusion, it was a great family car and what got me interested in Ford again.
Sponsored