Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT pp Paxton e85
From what I read, the 6.0 and everything in the system settings is only for show and it's really still only 4.4.4
Sponsored

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
For those of you who don't know how to change your boot up screen picture with any picture you want, here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zg762khedx8pdw/bootLogo-changer.apk?dl=0

Just download this on your radio and install it. Pick your image and click on your image and it will automatically resize it. Try to make sure your picture is further away and not up close. Select it and then just turn off your car and turn it back on

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Can one of you guys with the newer software and 2gigs do a new video review for everyone?

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Ive had the new 10.4 tesla for about a month now and noticed the traction control and steering wheel control toggles rarely work now. They work every 20 clicks but very delayed. Any ideas?

Flosstradamus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost
I did email them to see if there is a video of the interface and boot up time but they said it is the same as 6.0. It is too bad, I was hoping that a newer software would improve the boot up time at least. I can’t find any reviews on YouTube of this unit yet.

Here is a link:

http://s.aliexpress.com/nUVRfiAZ
Honestly the ones from phoenixcarradios gets them from China and they have to wait for China to get updated ones. However I know quite a bit about tablets and things can be faked. But they have apps to see if the system info is faked. I am however thinking of buying the one from your link as well only because it says it has android 7.1 and I know later down the line it won't lag like shit since its a newer type of tablet with newer hardware in it.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
It won't be 7.1. Just like you said it can be faked, it will be.

brav0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, Black Accent Pkg
Honestly the ones from phoenixcarradios gets them from China and they have to wait for China to get updated ones. However I know quite a bit about tablets and things can be faked. But they have apps to see if the system info is faked. I am however thinking of buying the one from your link as well only because it says it has android 7.1 and I know later down the line it won't lag like shit since its a newer type of tablet with newer hardware in it.
I am surprised that the boot time isn't reduced at all with 7.1 software. I dont know much about android but shouldn't it help? Is it an indicator that the unit is not really updated?

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
FYI for the day, can score these for $100 off right now on Ebay with promo code (today only 6/6).

Sponsored

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
It was PICKDADSGIFT

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0606/66165.html

But sorry actually looks like may have ended already, not even full day, ended 7pm MT.

Does look like they replaced it with a 10% code (PERFECT10) now, so $50 off (discount capped at $50).

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I already have one. But I was just going to get another one for backup LOL.

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Is phoenixandroidradios a good place to order from. I needing to upgrade from my 2015 premium radio and this looks like the best option. Seems like they can be a little bit buggy though so wanting to make sure that I choose to buy from a place that offers good customer support.

Is there anything else I should know before ordering, any of you using these with completely upgraded sound systems?

Peedystablo82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I did not have any problems ordering from them. It took it about 10 days to get it, business days. They have a number you can call and get a hold of somebody pretty much all the time from what I have noticed. I called them quite a few times when I first got the radio. And before I got the radio. Plus there is some Chinese guy that speaks a tiny bit of English that can help you if you have any questions. It wasn't the best of customer support dealing with the Chinese guy, but it wasn't bad either. At least I could get ahold of somebody and talk to somebody. I still have my radio in and it has been working fine. It's not perfect by no means, but no China product I don't think it's going to be when it comes to a car stereo. But I give it a 95% positive rating

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang gt (Oxford White)
Is phoenixandroidradios a good place to order from. I needing to upgrade from my 2015 premium radio and this looks like the best option. Seems like they can be a little bit buggy though so wanting to make sure that I choose to buy from a place that offers good customer support.

Is there anything else I should know before ordering, any of you using these with completely upgraded sound systems?
I got mine from a awesome seller on eBay, 100 percent rating and was delivered in 4 days. Came with instructions, wire names, sheet full of workarounds with known issues. I have been loving mine, i have subs and amp hooked up to mine no issues.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/123111501353
Sponsored