Sponsored

Kooks green cats & corsa sport catback

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Hi All,

I have a corsa sport catback with stock headers. I’m planning to go FI and I worry about the stock cats life.

How much louder will be the car with the kooks longtubes with green cats? Not at wot ofc, but at idle, cold start and normal driving.

:hail: and :cheers:
Sponsored

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

I have a corsa sport catback with stock headers. I’m planning to go FI and I worry about the stock cats life.

How much louder will be the car with the kooks longtubes with green cats? Not at wot ofc, but at idle, cold start and normal driving.

:hail: and :cheers:
You'll definitely need to ditch the stock cats if your going forced induction. As for the life of the green cats, I'm not sure, but I THINK they can withstand boost. I'll let someone else chime in on that.

As for noise level, coldstart and idle volume will definitely increase. I don't think idle will be too loud, but volume is subjective.

ghost5.0

ghost5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in Oxford White
Wow, we have the same exact car lol.

2015 GT premium, foundry 20 inch oem wheels with pilot sport 4S tires, auto trans, and corsa sport catback exhaust. Nice taste!

I’m also planning on forced induction and have been researching headers to avoid any damage from boost.

I’ve actaully heard that there isn’t too much of a volume difference between catted headers and catless headers, assuming emissions aren’t a problem where you live. I think I’ll be going catless, my issue is I don’t want it to be too loud, especially cold starts because I currently live at an apartment complex.

Right now I’m eyeing the corsa headers (which only come catless at the moment). Just waiting to see more videos/reviews from people who have them hooked up to the corsa sports before I make a decision. I was told they would be even louder than the corsa extreme exhaust w/ stock headers, which is kinda a turn off for me.

OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Ahahah really cool. We have even the same tires LOL. I really love these 4s. Mine is the number 15531. Are we close as production date too?

About the cats, for me no cats is not an option. I have to pass emission tests and the car cannot smell.

If the corsa sport carback + haders (green catted) is loud as the extreme... well this kinda stop me too.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
hi flo cats won't make the car much quieter over a car with no cats, the tone will mainly be dictated by your cat back / axle back

the kooks green are the highest flowing cars available, so if your doing cats, def the way to go

feel free to hit me up with any questions you have
513-478-1965

www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Sponsored

OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
hi flo cats won't make the car much quieter over a car with no cats, the tone will mainly be dictated by your cat back / axle back

the kooks green are the highest flowing cars available, so if your doing cats, def the way to go

feel free to hit me up with any questions you have
513-478-1965

www.teambeefcakeracing.com

Hello!

I have still your corsa sport catback :D. I'm not so much worried about the tone but by the volume. In some videos catless longtubes + corsa sport doesn't seem so loud and in others they are loud as hell.

So i'm here trying to understand the volume i'll get. If you have a feedback on kooks greens and FI you are welcome!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Hello!

I have still your corsa sport catback :D. I'm not so much worried about the tone but by the volume. In some videos catless longtubes + corsa sport doesn't seem so loud and in others they are loud as hell.

So i'm here trying to understand the volume i'll get. If you have a feedback on kooks greens and FI you are welcome!
fi will increase your tone as well i think the sports will sound find, i'm not a fan of extremes with headers, but the sports will sound great imo,

even with fi they have a great tone

OP
OP
zanGTA

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
fi will increase your tone as well i think the sports will sound find, i'm not a fan of extremes with headers, but the sports will sound great imo,

even with fi they have a great tone
I wouldn't go much louder than that I am. I'm looking for headers only because I seen a lot people burning the stock cats (and aftermarkets' too) with FI.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Every single set of headers I've heard are loud as hell UNLESS they have lines of mufflers along the catback portion of the exhaust.

Sean@LethalPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang 5.0
The car will get a bit louder with longtubes combined with the Corsa sport axle backs, but most of the tone will be with more throttle.

Kooks green cats are geared towards cars running boost and I believe that they can support about 950 hp where a standard cat shouldn't be taken over 600hp.
Sponsored