Install PP Gauges on Non-PP Model - Recap

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Does anybody know the background, why the V6 needs a tune? The oil pressure is shown in the IPC so I do not see a reason why it is not shown in the oil pressure gauge.

Any clue?

JimiClutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2016 California Special Mustang
Soooo... will this swap work with just trim, gauges, and tune on my premium GT? No messing with sending units or anything under the hood?

OP
OP

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Just installed the PP gauges on my new GT, I was wrong the oil pressure gauge works ONLY after a tune!

received_2206454969364962.jpg

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
As stated, you do have to change a couple of things in the tune for the ECU to broadcast the actual oil PSI reading after installing the gauge pack. The non Performance Pack GT's that utilize a dummy 'switch' have the tune set to recognize the simple open/closed oil PSI switch (8psi setpoint). When adding in the transducer and making the oil pressure actually 'live', the ECU has to be changed to recognize the actual live psi/voltage measurement.

Stock non PP settings before the swap:

oilswitch.jpg

Settings on a stock PP Transducer settings (and required after PP Gauge Pack Install):

oiltransducer.jpg

On a side note, anyone have any ideas on where I can pick up the PP gauge bezel (the one with the AC Vents/gauges) on the cheap? Over the parts counter.....they are, and I shit you not, $1k!

Grey16gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic Mustang GT premium non performance p
Just installed the PP gauges on my new GT, I was wrong the oil pressure gauge works ONLY after a tune!

received_2206454969364962.jpg
So you installed no hardware for the oil pressure. your tune brought it alive does it move up and down when you hit the gas? because I honestly don't care if it's perfectly accurate. I like the looks of it and I won't mess changing all that other stuff if the tune will bring it alive

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
^ It may. 2015 shows to be a unique year as in the Performance Package equipped Mustang denotes a difference in the oil psi sending unit. It appears, 2016-2017, does not denote a difference.

Therefore, it is possible that on 2016+ perhaps only enabling it in the tune and splicing in the connector/installing the gauges MAY be all that is necessary. I have not completed mine yet (2017) or I could confirm.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'm not sure if I saw this mentioned anywhere but would a 2018 GT with a digital instrument cluster need anything to get the oil pressure working since it already has oil pressure as one of the digital gauge choices?

jsn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
As stated, you do have to change a couple of things in the tune for the ECU to broadcast the actual oil PSI reading after installing the gauge pack. The non Performance Pack GT's that utilize a dummy 'switch' have the tune set to recognize the simple open/closed oil PSI switch (8psi setpoint). When adding in the transducer and making the oil pressure actually 'live', the ECU has to be changed to recognize the actual live psi/voltage measurement.

Stock non PP settings before the swap:

oilswitch.jpg

Settings on a stock PP Transducer settings (and required after PP Gauge Pack Install):

oiltransducer.jpg

On a side note, anyone have any ideas on where I can pick up the PP gauge bezel (the one with the AC Vents/gauges) on the cheap? Over the parts counter.....they are, and I shit you not, $1k!
What is this program?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The 2015-2018 PP center dash bezel (w/AC vents and holes for PP gauges) can be found on eBay. It’s often sold as a set including the other matching dash appliqués to the left and right of that piece and WITHOUT the gauges. Expect to pay about $200-$300, depending on condition, who’s selling it and shipping costs.

The 2015-2018 PP gauge set - these have been advertised a few times on this forum in the user classified section. Prices have been steady at $125-$200; same pricing holds true if found on eBay (excluding any shipping costs).

Brmoorejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premuim
On A 2016 Gt premium non performance pack the wiring for the gauges is already in place. Its behind the radio look for a small square hole and you should see one or two pins through the hole. Simply push this pin backwards untill its comes loose and then fish it up into place. This is a factory connector for the gauges and by default if its a not Pp car its placed there.

I found this in a youtube video. By keith stilson

Under the comments section

I can confirm this works on a GT premium non performance pack
After plugging in the gauges and getting your tune updated it will show proper oil pressure.
In my case i use Lund.
There is no other wiring involved or splicing. Just plug the connector in and trim your vents to fit.
The oil pressure switch is already present on the 2016 cars and does not need any additinal wiring just the updated tune and mycolor works properly as well.
9E7DA890-7324-4AAE-B3C8-DE87C4DC42EC.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: