Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
There is enough friction in the balljoint to keep the ZL1 hook still when you're driving. Mine never moves at all.

JohnAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I just installed the ZL1 tow hook, doesn't move like NightmareMoon said. If you're worried you can always add some sticker padding to the bottom of the tow hook.

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Has anyone actually used one to tow yet ??

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
The black hook in the link you posted appears to have two pieces of padding as cushion between the hook and the bumber.

Sponsored

cmorrigo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Tow hook

The ZL1 tow hook was a no brainer to install. I removed the air splitter to install not the front fascia. The hook is stiff so does not touch the paint. Just add a patch of clear wrap under the hook if you are concerned. Enjoy!

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I just installed this hook. Very easy. Had to figure a few things out since I have an intercooler that brackets to the same spot. I don't think I will be able to line it up perfectly with a hole, so I may snip off a little piece of the grill. Wont be noticiable

The most perplexing part to me was the instruction to move the air probe. Ended up not moving it and the bracket clears it fine.

Hint for other procharger owners. Loosen the bracket bolts on both sides of the intercooler. Impossible to get the bracket back on without loosening the otherside also

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Just got mine on today. Seeing how it mounts up, I feel good that I'll be able to pull on it without hurting anything no problem. I did have to trim the grill a little bit for the hook but no biggie.

Also had the same experience with the temp probe. Removed it like the instructions said and ended up putting it back just like it was. Wish I had never removed it as now it's a little loose. The plastic tree fastener just won't go in like it was originally. It clears as just fine.

I'll get a better picture backed off of the car once I get it off of the lift.
20180610_134108.jpg
20180610_134118.jpg

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
A picture from behind when mounting the receiver. Note how when pulling on it you'd be pulling into the back of the crash bar. This is why I think it will be nice and stout.
20180610_132521.jpg

lava5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just installed a Dusold Designs hook this weekend. Seems very sturdy and seems a bit more stout than the ZL1. Hope I never have to use it though!
Sponsored