Sponsored

Ford Performance tune - fail !!

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
This could happen to you, check it out if you feel you are not feeling the tune enhancements. I had my cai and tune installed at a local ford dealer a few weeks back. The tech installed the cai quickly but took alot of time on the tune install. I wasnt feeling he was completely experienced in this area. When he was finally done i drove home. Once home i decided i wanted to validate the tune was installed. Fortunately he used my FP login so i was able to re-download the pro cal software. Once connected i was able to view the software id and contacted FP. They confirmed it was not the FP file but indeed it was the stock file. I was able to download the new tune file, installed and validated with FP it was correct. Now enjoying the new drivability of the car.. !!
Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Good catch!

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Same thing happened to me. It took me about 2 weeks before I realized what happened.
They even told me I needed to have the module on the OBD2 port for it to take the whole time. They really didn't know what they were doing.

Silen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang
How do I check if its properly installed on my mustang? , cause the dealership installed mine long time ago, and they cant locate my file so im out of luck of reinstalling it my self, and Ford performance wont send me another file

OP
OP

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
How do I check if its properly installed on my mustang? , cause the dealership installed mine long time ago, and they cant locate my file so im out of luck of reinstalling it my self, and Ford performance wont send me another file
do you still have the connector and cable? If so all you need is the pro cal software loaded on your lap top and you can read which file is installed.

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
...and they tell you that a dealer has to install to keep the warranty. Such stupidity.

BlueDevil2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT DIB
Kinda surprised it didn't give you codes with the new components installed and tune not downloaded. Yes amazing they want dealer installed to keep warrantied and can't even tune the car properly. Confidence inspiring for dealership work:doh:

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
I did the entire thing myself and it was super easy. You download the software from FP, then use your voucher for the tune. I think I had to hook up the Procal device to the car with the laptop connected to it and get the vehicle info and then download the tune. You should have a laptop with the software installed, if so you should be able to hook it up along with the tuner and check what tunefile is there or what is loaded I would think.

*edit* no longer running FP tune by the way

Last edited:

Silen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost mustang
I would have done it my self if it werent for the warranty, I do plan on getting Livernois after 36k miles, but the tune so far has been far too stellar, for me. idk if its heatsoak, but ordered intercooler to see how it goes

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
...and they tell you that a dealer has to install to keep the warranty. Such stupidity.
The FP warranty document says that the dealer or any ASE certified tech can do it for the warranty registration.

I did mine at my son's tire and service center and had him print me a receipt. Sent that, the receipt for the purchase and a copy of his ASE cert to FP. Had confirmation of the warranty registration in two hours.

I recommend that the best place to have the tune installed would be a performance shop. They do is kind of thing every day and are likely to be a fraction of the cost of a dealer.
Sponsored