Sponsored

What image hosting site should I upload pics to share here?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
I've only used imgur before and I was told that doesn't work with these forums anymore.
Sponsored

Last edited:

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I use tinypic...seems all my pics are still here.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
None. Just upload the pics directly to the forum and make sure they are 1900x1900 pixels (or smaller).

The problem with 3rd party photo hosts is, you never know when they’re going to change their hosting rules, or disappear from the net. When they do, then any tech thread will have broken image links...

This should help ya, I’ve posted it before in other threads to help others with same question you have:

If making initial post, scroll below the text entry box, look for button labeled “Manage Attachments” click it and add photos from your device just as you would from a PC onto any other site.

After clicking Manage Attachments, then on next window, click “Choose File” button, then once file is chosen, click “Upload” then after it uploads successfully, click “Close Window” which will bring you back to your post; once you save your post, the thread will contain the photos.

Now, if you have already made a post (like you did here) and need to add pics, click “Edit”, then under the same text entry box, click the “Go Advanced” button, then click the “Manage Attachments” button and follow same instructions as above.

If your photo is larger than the forums 1900x1900 pixel sizing, then just use your mobile device’s photo edit to crop/make smaller OR a photo edit app.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Doesn’t work for me.

Tried cropping etc so no luck. This is with an iPhone. That’s a pain in the butt! I’ve often wondered how people are to post pics and videos as I’ve had nothing but issues. The one time i was “successful”, it didn’t actually post the pic, but a link to a hosting website.

So... how do you post a pic or video and actually be able to see it? Pain in the butt to have to upload it to a hosting site then go to the site itself to post here. Also a pain to have to try to manipulate the picture on my phone to try to get it size so the forum will accept it. It should just take whatever the pic size is...

Sponsored

17again

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Grabber Blue
when typing in a post, click on Go Advanced and use the paperclip icon to upload image directly

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hitting the paper clip opens up the manage attachments page.

Problem is, the pics are too large for this forum to use. I’ve tried cropping but hen end up with a minuscule quarter size picture. I spent an hour trying to get a picture uploaded and then tried a hosting site but that didn’t work either.

Frustrating! Wonder why the forum has a size limit for pics uploaded by a phone? Dimensions say 1900x1900. My regular size pics on my phone are coming up at like 3200x2400.

Anyone know a trick to resize iPhone pics?

How is everyone else doing it without issue?

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. Got an app for that... tested ok... guess we’ll see.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Yeah even just cell phone pictures are too large... annoying.

When I take picures on phone should I be using less pixels? Right now it's set for 4:3 13.0 megapixels. Should I use 16:9?

Or just 4:3 but 7...5..3.1...2.0 megapixels?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Even 2mp is a higher resolution than what the forum allows. Just use an app to resize the pics you want to upload so they are 1900 max in either dimension.

OP
OP
clevernickname

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What app do you guys recommend?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase