The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can't visualise the problem from the numbers. Not just a case of dialling in the correct settings then?
Problem is that it would take too long and they didn't want to do it, they'd have to keep putting the wheel on and taking it off to sort it. (apparently)
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Problem is that it would take too long and they didn't want to do it, they'd have to keep putting the wheel on and taking it off to sort it. (apparently)
That's just lazy! Obviously don't need the business buddy

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
So the fixed price alignment is only for easy ones then :)
I know my last one was quite involved and cost a fair bit.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Try tyresrus in Perry barr, they're under the M6 I've used them in the past and have been really helpful the guy even showed me how to do the alignment myself

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Try tyresrus in Perry barr, they're under the M6 I've used them in the past and have been really helpful the guy even showed me how to do the alignment myself
booked in for pumabuild 12:30 :thumbsup:

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
passenger front: toe: 0*20', camber -0*09', caster 7*19'.
Driver front: toe 0*04', camber -1*44', caster 7*30'
Passenger rear: Toe 0*17', Camber -0*15'
Drivers rear: toe 0*14', camber -1*52'
Claim off the council (again).

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Claim off the council (again).
Lol.... I can't imagine being able to pass that one as it's unprovable. A pothole in a road they look after - their own fecking fault and the reason their's car tax and pots of money for them.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
This may be a reach, but my car does this:

Do you have a spare in the wheel well? I have a PP car and mine didn't come with one. When I go over larger bumps in the road, I get a loud thud/clunk sound coming from the rear end. For months I couldn't figure it out. It sounded almost like a double bounce or almost like what flapping a large sheet of metal can sound like.

One day, I was re-wiring the grounds for my air lift compressors (they're in the wheel well) and while I was putting weight on the center part of the well where you screw down the spare tire, I felt it pop down, then back up when I pulled my weight off it.

It was the exact sound I get on the larger bumps. And made total sense why it sounded like a large sheet of metal flapping, because it was!

I'm still trying to figure out how I will reinforce the bottom of the wheel well, but I'm glad I found the source.

If my description wasn't clear, I can get a video of what I'm talking about.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This may be a reach, but my car does this:

Do you have a spare in the wheel well? I have a PP car and mine didn't come with one. When I go over larger bumps in the road, I get a loud thud/clunk sound coming from the rear end. For months I couldn't figure it out. It sounded almost like a double bounce or almost like what flapping a large sheet of metal can sound like.

One day, I was re-wiring the grounds for my air lift compressors (they're in the wheel well) and while I was putting weight on the center part of the well where you screw down the spare tire, I felt it pop down, then back up when I pulled my weight off it.

It was the exact sound I get on the larger bumps. And made total sense why it sounded like a large sheet of metal flapping, because it was!

I'm still trying to figure out how I will reinforce the bottom of the wheel well, but I'm glad I found the source.

If my description wasn't clear, I can get a video of what I'm talking about.
you're on about the metal at the bottom of the wheel well being loose(or popping and unpopping) maybe, i have no idea, it kinda sounds like it's infront of the rear pass wheel... I've driven the car today with no rear wheel well fabric cover, and nothing in the well.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
you're on about the metal at the bottom of the wheel well being loose(or popping and unpopping) maybe, i have no idea, it kinda sounds like it's infront of the rear pass wheel... I've driven the car today with no rear wheel well fabric cover, and nothing in the well.
Does yours make a popping sound when you put weight on the center of the well? That could be your issue, unless it's not the same sound you're hearing.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Lol.... I can't imagine being able to pass that one as it's unprovable. A pothole in a road they look after - their own fecking fault and the reason their's car tax and pots of money for them.
I was thinking maybe it's been out of wack since your tyre shredding off road green laning adventure!

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking maybe it's been out of wack since your tyre shredding off road green laning adventure!
Nah it was aligned after the pedders... Oddly they are both the wheels i've hit on kerbs :lol:

[MENTION=27678]SiMuL[/MENTION] Pre check: Not a fucking clue ----(Just checked) it makes a fair amount of noise, not sure if it's the same as i'm not inside the car, that said i don't know anything that would put enough force down to cause that noise.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Nah it was aligned after the pedders... Oddly they are both the wheels i've hit on kerbs :lol:

[MENTION=27678]SiMuL[/MENTION] Pre check: Not a fucking clue ----(Just checked) it makes a fair amount of noise, not sure if it's the same as i'm not inside the car, that said i don't know anything that would put enough force down to cause that noise.
For mine, since there is nothing holding the bottom of the wheel well from moving, its own weight/inertia is allowing it to pop up/down when bump in the road is large enough. This only happens on more abrupt/rough bumps. The smoother ones are not enough to make the bottom of the wheel well move on its on.

Maybe yours is more difficult to pop up and down than mine is and isn't your issue.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
For mine, since there is nothing holding the bottom of the wheel well from moving, its own weight/inertia is allowing it to pop up/down when bump in the road is large enough. This only happens on more abrupt/rough bumps. The smoother ones are not enough to make the bottom of the wheel well move on its on.

Maybe yours is more difficult to pop up and down than mine is and isn't your issue.
yeah... i have no idea how it would pop up or down on bumps, interesting idea but if you imagine just behind the passenger door is where it sounds like it's coming from.