bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I thought you dragged an older 4th gen Mustang? For some reason I was thinking it wasn't street legal anyway. However, I may have just made that up in my questionable mush that is a brain. lol
The 95 rides a trailer. Mommies 15.
Gets raced when I dont feel like loading and unloading the 95.
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Syphon23: Put Mustang boys on suicide watch tomorrow.

:thumbsup:
Oh noes!

And why would that be?

A new Z28 wouldn't be that kind of news.

A new Vette is a different category.

So... please enlighten us just what exactly would cause fsns of a certain car to contemplate such drastic measures?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Why would we be on suicide watch? Seems to me that 6gen camero owners are a bunch of sandy b*****s. I joined their forum to shoot the shit and I’ve never seen such sensitive people in my life. All over a N/A 2018 GT. If the GT500 has 700+ there will be a bunch of hangings on C6.

streetyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT auto
The wife has a 17 GT A6 and I have a 16 2SS A8 both cars are fun to drive and throw around. I do like the visibility better in the mustang over the Camaro. My hats is off to Ford for the 18 , cause I believe it pushes the other manufactures to up their game. I have been speaking with House of Boost for my Camaro (Procharger P1x ) and they have great results with the Coyotes tooo.. I understand always be someone faster just like having fun...

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The wife has a 17 GT A6 and I have a 16 2SS A8 both cars are fun to drive and throw around. I do like the visibility better in the mustang over the Camaro. My hats is off to Ford for the 18 , cause I believe it pushes the other manufactures to up their game. I have been speaking with House of Boost for my Camaro (Procharger P1x ) and they have great results with the Coyotes tooo.. I understand always be someone faster just like having fun...
And fun is the name of the game.

Friendly competition is a blast, win or lose and the. You keep trying to either pull off a win or keep it. But it's always a downer when people start getting all salty.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Oh noes!

And why would that be?

A new Z28 wouldn't be that kind of news.

A new Vette is a different category.

So... please enlighten us just what exactly would cause fsns of a certain car to contemplate such drastic measures?
I think they were talking about one of the magazine tests that is coming out? I didn't really read the thread (if you read too much you will go crazy :D )

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
And why would that be?
Because the MotorTrend Camaro SS vs 2018 Mustang GT PP1 Head2Head video is out, and the track performance of the Mustang may lead some fan boys who plocked cash into one to off themselves. Maybe.

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Streets of Willow, same day, same professional and consistent driver....

Mustang was not 1/2 a second slower.

Was not a second slower.

Was not 2 seconds slower.

Was not 3 seconds slower.

Mustang was a full three point three seconds slower than the aging, soon to be retired, cheaper Camaro.

Or so they say :)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
General Motors Trend is a bunch of idiots if they seriously picked a PP1 to go up against a 1LE :frusty:

Sponsored

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
General Motors Trend is a bunch of idiots if they seriously picked a PP1 to go up against a 1LE :frusty:
I know, right!

Why the heck would they test 2 similar priced V8 2+2, with nearly identical horsepower with their respective best currently available performance packages on a racetrack.

What idiot would do that!

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
And funny thing is, seems most of the level-headed Camaro guys (no, not you Blaqhole) over on their forum seem to agree. Everyone knows how PP1 vs 1LE is going to go, because the 1LE isn't the PP1's target... that's a job for the PP2. It should have been Premium PP1 vs 2SS or PP2 vs 1LE. Anything else is simply nonsense

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know, right!

Why the heck would they test 2 similar priced V8 2+2, with nearly identical horsepower with their respective best currently available performance packages on a racetrack.

What idiot would do that!
Funny, because a PP2 spec'd similarly to the 1LE is $500 cheaper :thumbsup:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Also, great that you point out "nearly identical horsepower", yet fail to mention the lower weight, substantially wider wheels/tires, more track-focused suspension tuning, lightened chassis, etc...

If the mustang just so happened to have 100 more HP than the Camaro and happened to run a couple seconds faster around a track when they put this "555 hp" mustang up against a SS 1LE, you KNOW you Camaro guys would be throwing a fit because they didn't put it up against the more evenly match ZL1. When one has obvious advantages that can be avoiding by adding a package at a similar cost, that shows a clear discrepancy in the comparo.
Sponsored