Sponsored

Ford Confirms 2019 Shelby GT500 Mustang, Supercharged V8 Over 700HP [Teaser Video]

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
This whole GT500 reveal is turning into a real steak dinner HJ. Most of us drooling for two years and all we get is a cheesy, community college grade CGI teaser with a fast and furious sound track. Look at dodge with Demon. Badass trailers with real info that didn’t make diehards wait 4 years.

I’m die hard ford guy but their marketing team (and engine dynamics team?) gets owned by Dodge. Mustang commercials lately boast best in class resale value instead of anything a true mustang guy gives a s*** about. Pls Fire these guys.

Also kind of a bummer that It took Henessey a few months to build a potentially better version of a GT500 which took corporate Ford four model years (i.e. GT350 w/blower) - but I believe Hennessey’s broke 800 hp even with FPC.

Hate being negative but waiting so damn long for next halo can do that to you.
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
This whole GT500 reveal is turning into a real steak dinner HJ. Most of us drooling for two years and all we get is a cheesy, community college grade CGI teaser with a fast and furious sound track. Look at dodge with Demon. Badass trailers with real info that didn’t make diehards wait 4 years.

I’m die hard ford guy but their marketing team (and engine dynamics team?) gets owned by Dodge. Mustang commercials lately boast best in class resale value instead of anything a true mustang guy gives a s*** about. Pls Fire these guys.

Also kind of a bummer that It took Henessey a few months to build a potentially better version of a GT500 which took corporate Ford four model years (i.e. GT350 w/blower) - but I believe Hennessey’s broke 800 hp even with FPC.

Making power is easy. There were Demons making real solid four digit horsepower numbers. Hennessy doesn't have any real internal specifics, restrictions, drivabilty or emissions considerations.

The reason all these people can make so much power out of the box with little to moderate tweaks is due to the metric ass ton of hours in validation, tuning, and actual engineering that goes into the Mustang, Camaro, and the Didge... Hennessy isnt doing anything special.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

I'm thankful for the cgi. It showed me that the car will be targeting the 1LE. Up until that point, it was unknown what Ford was after.

Patience folks. February will bring more news and maybe better specifications. Until the specs come out, nothing means nothing. Insider information is fluid and the video said that the car wasn't coming until 2019. It said nothing about MY2019

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Almost nothing to gain with carbon fenders. The aluminum ones are very light. You could save about 50% doing a carbon hood though.
Wasn't commenting on it for weight savings, but to its ability to form shapes that can't be done with stamping.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm thankful for the cgi. It showed me that the car will be targeting the 1LE. Up until that point, it was unknown what Ford was after.

Patience folks. February will bring more news and maybe better specifications. Until the specs come out, nothing means nothing. Insider information is fluid and the video said that the car wasn't coming until 2019. It said nothing about MY2019
It can still be a MY19 car and come out in CY19. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it is late availability.

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra

Making power is easy. There were Demons making real solid four digit horsepower numbers. Hennessy doesn't have any real internal specifics, restrictions, drivabilty or emissions considerations.

The reason all these people can make so much power out of the box with little to moderate tweaks is due to the metric ass ton of hours in validation, tuning, and actual engineering that goes into the Mustang, Camaro, and the Didge... Hennessy isnt doing anything special.

Thanks for sharing that vid - i needed that! I see what your saying and I agree. I’m In the engineering field and know too well how validation hours rack up.

I was just saying I think they could have pushed the envelope harder since it’s been 2014 since last GT500 (hoping they wow us). But, like another poster said, can’t count any chickens until we know more actual specs (fingers crossed).

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It can still be a MY19 car and come out in CY19. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if it is late availability.
I hear ya. I think we will know more in Feb.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
hood louvers

how much cooling will the hood louvers provide? merely cosmetic? if so i prefer the gt350 hood. I think the louvers interfere with the stripes. did levolor design the hood louvers?

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
how much cooling will the hood louvers provide? merely cosmetic? if so i prefer the gt350 hood. I think the louvers interfere with the stripes. did levolor design the hood louvers?
They look functional. While the GT350 looks cosmetic.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes, they are needed.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP

Anyone else notice at 01:08 the car raises and LOWERS itself.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
This whole GT500 reveal is turning into a real steak dinner HJ. Most of us drooling for two years and all we get is a cheesy, community college grade CGI teaser with a fast and furious sound track. Look at dodge with Demon. Badass trailers with real info that didn’t make diehards wait 4 years. Demon also used similar quality CGI for it's "hints", and honestly, I hated the Demon buildup... I was bored with the car by the time it came out. Ford does it perfectly... a tiny peek here and there, then surprises everyone out of nowhere. It really helps build hype rapidly

I’m die hard ford guy but their marketing team (and engine dynamics team?) gets owned by Dodge. Mustang commercials lately boast best in class resale value instead of anything a true mustang guy gives a s*** about. Pls Fire these guys. Resale value will matter to the majority of buyers, as a very small fraction of mustang customers are ACTUALLY enthusiasts. Appealing to those customers helps us though... the more cars they sell, the more money they can make, the better and more enthusiast-focused cars they can make.

Also kind of a bummer that It took Henessey a few months to build a potentially better version of a GT500 which took corporate Ford four model years (i.e. GT350 w/blower) - but I believe Hennessey’s broke 800 hp even with FPC. 1. Hennessey is a garbage company, so nothing they say holds ANY weight for me, 2. Hennessey ONLY added power, they didn't re-engineer the car to be a focused track car, and 3. Hennessey doesn't have as many regulations and stipulations to stick to. Think of it this way... dude buys a Hennessey GT350, blows up in 20k miles. He's pissed, but kind of expected it because it's simply a modified vehicle. Different guy buys a BRAND NEW ford from the dealership, blows up in 20k miles... then, Ford has lawsuits, lemon law claims, and an overall damaged reputation. A manufacturer has A LOT more engineering to put into a car than a modification shop.

Hate being negative but waiting so damn long for next halo can do that to you. Understandable, and I'm honestly also pissed that it didnt come AT LEAST at the beginning of 2018 MY. But hey, at lease we now know it's coming!
It's not just cooling, it's about airflow. They definitely opened up the front end to get more air in there, and doing that will lead to more underhood pressure, which not only reduces flow through the coolers, but also produces front end lift. Adding the vents in the hood allow the air a route to escape, and the more air that can escape, the more efficiently it'll cool, and the less front end lift it will experience

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I am definitely, for sure, getting one in a couple of years.
Sponsored