GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Waze has been updated on Android Platforms... I been using it since V2.2.6 Syncs 3 release. Is the issue with Apple iOS?
Yes. Caplay doesn't allow any third party map apps (yet, if ever). I believe Android Auto allows Waze and other map apps, correct?

What us Apple guys are waiting on is for Sync Applink, or whatever they're calling it, to work on iOS and Waze which is what Ford is promising for version 3.0. Basically not using Carplay but instead pushing Waze app directly to Sync 3.
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Yes. Caplay doesn't allow any third party map apps (yet, if ever). I believe Android Auto allows Waze and other map apps, correct?

What us Apple guys are waiting on is for Sync Applink, or whatever they're calling it, to work on iOS and Waze which is what Ford is promising for version 3.0. Basically not using Carplay but instead pushing Waze app directly to Sync 3.
Ahhhh I see... In Android Auto it goes right through. Does not require anything else... Sucks that Apple does that. They do dumb crap like that all the time. Reason I switched like 10 years ago lol.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Is 3.0 a newer version than 2.3 that Ford says is the newest fort car?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Ahhhh I see... In Android Auto it goes right through. Does not require anything else... Sucks that Apple does that. They do dumb crap like that all the time. Reason I switched like 10 years ago lol.
Yeah they have a few annoyances like that. They do offer third-party radio apps to work with Carplay, so probably a matter of time before they allow maps. They just want to get people to use Apple Maps, which is better than it used to be but still not on par with Waze and GM.

I switched from Android to Apple 5 years ago because I got tired of buggy Android OS. I'm sure they're much better now, but now that I use a Mac and iPad, they all just work so well together there's no going back. :D Don't regret it but there's definitely pluses and minus. :cheers:

There are unofficial 3.0 versions floating around that you can manually install on our cars (apparently 2018s shipped with this already?), but Ford made the forum take down links to it. I was able to snag it before it got shut down. Still not clear whether this build of 3.0 will allow Applink or not. May have to wait for the official one for our cars (which may or may not be labeled 3.0, 3.1 3.2 etc.)

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah 3.0 is newer, but I haven't upgraded because everything is working as intended with 2.3.

Sponsored

Miadhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang EcoBoost
Yeah 3.0 is newer, but I haven't upgraded because everything is working as intended with 2.3.
Had 3.0 but when down to 2.3 (had to downgrade to 2.2 first then upgrade again to 2.3), no annoying WiFi popups and runs perfect.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=8111]GiddyUp15[/MENTION], whatever works for you is what matters. People will argue night and day about Android vs iOS. In the end, what matters is what fits you and makes you happy. Each platform offers their pros and cons. Good luck with CarPlay! Hopefully you guys get it working soon. It's a blast to have Waze and the whole interface of CarPlay/AA.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had 3.0 but when down to 2.3 (had to downgrade to 2.2 first then upgrade again to 2.3), no annoying WiFi popups and runs perfect.
2.3 is a keeper for me. No issues at all! So if it ain't broken no need to mess with it lol.

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1
2.3 unpacks voice files incorrectly so it was runs out of space. You have to skip the voice file during install process or go to 3.0.
Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you “skip the voice files”?

And when you do, what features does this take away? Or how can you reinstall these after the fact?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to sound stupid, but how do you “skip the voice files”?

And when you do, what features does this take away? Or how can you reinstall these after the fact?
non-nav units have a smaller built-in memory, you have to use larger usb size for extracting

Sponsored

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
non-nav units have a smaller built-in memory, you have to use larger usb size for extracting
I should have gotten a 64GB. Sucks because if I knew that would fix it, I would buy one.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
My fav thing about 3.0 is this..works on phonebook contacts just not SMS
DSC_0332 1.JPG

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
My fav thing about 3.0 is this..works on phonebook contacts just not SMS
Any downsides to going right to 3.0? I’ve been running 2.2 in my 2016 GT with Sync 3 and it runs like ass. Seems to be a big debate on which build of 3.0 is the most stable too.

Trkkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp 2.9 whipple
Any downsides to going right to 3.0? I’ve been running 2.2 in my 2016 GT with Sync 3 and it runs like ass. Seems to be a big debate on which build of 3.0 is the most stable too.
Im runing build 17307 its flawless, u have to do the upgrades in order 17194 - 17276 then install the 17307 and everything should work flawlessly.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
2.2 to 2.3 update NonNav

strip out the -BB lines from the autoinstall.lst file and try again.
Just wanted to thank TexasRebel for the solution on updating to Sync3 ver 2.3 and let everyone with NonNav systems that I still have the files for 2.2 and 2.3. My over the air failed with the same MEM_ERR03 so I had to try something new. Again, thanx Texas
Sponsored