Sponsored

My 15GT is ruined :( Go for a GT350 or boosted GT?

Next Project?

• Total voters

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hey everyone. Very sad news. My custom ordered S550 I've had since the release of this bodystyle is now gone, and may not be coming back :brokenheart::( On thanksgiving morning, I was on my way back to my new house when crossing through a busy intersection in town, some lady flat out blew a red light right in front of me as I was crossing with green, I had no reaction time and smashed into her. T-boned with my hood going straight into her drivers side door. No idea if she was on the phone, not paying attention, or what. But now I am faced with over two and a half years of car payments, modifications, and hard work are now destroyed :frusty: The crash was bad... very hard impact and both airbags deployed, followed by a jaw and face injury to my fiancé :mad: Overall I was impressed with the safety of my mustang, go ford! :ford: It has been a rough few weeks, and I've been dealing with insurance trying to get things sorted out to determine if it is totaled or not. looking that way. Which brings me to my next question.... what should I get next?:shrug:

I feel like this is a perfect place to ask for opinions as everyone here is a mustang enthusiast. I have been looking at two different options. A lightly used GT350, preferably avalanche grey (I love that spec). My other choice is to get a lightly used, whipple supercharged, 15-17 GT. My goal is to stay under the 50k mark. And looking for something with less that 20,000 miles on the odometer. I have test driven the 350, and have not yet had a chance to experience the whippled GT. But boy did I love that 350 :eek: What do you guys think I should get next? I cant go down like this.... and want to stay in the Mustang family! Lets here your opinions.... and also feel free to tag any that you or you know of that are for sale that fit these parameters!

Thanks!
crash 2.jpg
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
dang, sorry about the car. That does look like a bad accident. So glad the injuries were only minor, in the end it is just a car! If I had the cash and were in the market, of the two you presented I would go GT350. That is a special car. But your choice in the end!

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Common Sense tells me to find a NEW '17 on a dealer lot spec'd close to how you want it and add a SC to that if you're wanting to save money. I got my '17 for ~8K off MSRP 2 months ago. It was well within a few K of what I could pick a used 17 up for, with almost no mileage. I don't know what the differential will be between what you owed and what they'll pay out, but the most cost effective would be this. Buying someone else's project has a higher probability of going south on you.

However, my heart tells me, if you could find a used GT350 within budget that'd be hard really hard to pass up.

Edit: And wow. That looked horrible. Glad you and your fiance are okay. It definitely looks totaled to me.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
That sucks. Glad you are okay. Now let’s talk about those parts that need to come off. Don’t rely on the insurance company to give you extra for them. :paddle:

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ouch, sorry to see another Pittsburgh Mustang crash. Glad you and your fiancé are mostly okay. If you do track or autocross, GT350, otherwise my vote is supercharged GT or even a 2018 GT and start the journey on another new car.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
Glad you're ok man. That sucks.
You could get a new 18 for under 50k...but a GT350 is pretty tempting. Seems you can't really go wrong I guess.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
If I was in your situation and wasn't a regular visitor to the drag strip, I would get the 350. A supercharger is awesome and you get to go super fast, but if it's your DD and you don't drag race, get the sweet ass sounding GT350. Be the envy of your friends and let that exhaust purr all over the steel city.

JeromeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Premium, Performance, Kona, A10
First off, glad to hear you and your fiance suffered just minor injuries. It certainly could have been a lot worse. Curious what happened to the other driver.

My advise is to first decide what you want the car for. What type of driving will you be doing with it? What RPM range do you want to make power? Do you want to modify the car or keep it stock?

I drove by friend's GT350R and test drove a 2018 Mustang GT PP A10. I decided on purchasing the Mustang GT. It fists my application. It will be my daily driver that I will modify and make 40-50 passes per year at the drag strip. What bothered me about the 350R (or 350) is it makes relatively little hp/tq below 4000rpm. As a daily driver I want hp/tq down there. The 2018 GT with the PP packages and A10 transmission is a blast to daily drive. Simple mods gets it into the 11's and a power added will have it in the 10's.

In summary, the best car for you to buy is the one that best fits your application.

Jerome

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Boosted GT. Because when you get the GT350, the GT500 will soon be out.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Boosted GT. More power = more fun.

Especially if you're using the car primarily on the street. The power is more usable since you arent always able to rev it all the way up to where the GT350 shines.

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT
Glad to hear you're alright man, sorry about the totaled stang. It really comes down to what you want the car for. If you plan on tracking the car/taking on some challenging roads then I'd definitely do gt350. If you plan on taking it to the drags then I'd definitely do supercharged. If it was up to me I'd go gt350. From a mustang fanboy perspective theres just something really unique about the 350 that I think makes it the clear choice, to each his own however. Either way you're going to be having a lot of fun, goodluck!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
We're all very happy to hear that your GF is o.k.:D

Anyways, don't forget to consider a 2018GT that is loaded. They're fast as hell, and you won't need to mod things like the suspension and exhaust.
Sponsored