bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
they've refused my request (price match) twice.
Sponsored

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
Walmart Adjustment for 4 MPSS.PNG

Thanks for all the tips guys. Big savings.

Last edited:

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
All of you getting the price adjustments, are those for tires that are in stock? I was told I cannot place another order for the 305 30R19 Pilot Sport Cup 2's because they are not in stock. They did however put notes in the system to honor the sale price when they do come back into stock. I'm not holding my breath.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I had less than success with customer service. The promise made to me to honor the sale price was refused until I spoke to a manager but she could not get the system to make an adjustment that large (supposedly). She did offer me $100 off per tire but that is still quite far from the what we all paid originally. I declined, will likely not ever shop with them in the future. All else being equal, they are conducting poor business practices.

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
All of you getting the price adjustments, are those for tires that are in stock? I was told I cannot place another order for the 305 30R19 Pilot Sport Cup 2's because they are not in stock. They did however put notes in the system to honor the sale price when they do come back into stock. I'm not holding my breath.
Right, I was in the same situation as you. I used the online chat as soon as I saw https://www.walmart.com/ip/Michelin-305-35R19-Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport-Tires/50629131

Sponsored

TexxasGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2018 Rator, 2020 GT500
I made them write me an e-mail and give me a reference number. I've been burned too many times to go on their "Word"

This is Jess, One of the managers in walmart.com. I apologize again if the order was canceled.

I know this is a very big hassle on your side kept on calling us about this problem.
Today, since the item was out of stock, I will be sending an email to our fulfillment center to request it for you.

Once you received the email stating it was back in stock and it was solely sold and shipped by walmart.com meaning that the item was coming from our own inventory not from a different company, Please call us back so we can honor the price and process the order over the phone.

Have a wonderful day!

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap
Well, I think I'm out of luck. I found the tires in stock "shipped and sold by walmart". Same tire, different part number in walmarts system. The site said there was 4 left. Called and talked to a US representative, they refused to price match because it was a different part number. I asked to escalate the issue, she said sorry, nothing can be done. I may try calling again tonight to get someone else. I'm losing motivation at this point though.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Well, I think I'm out of luck. I found the tires in stock "shipped and sold by walmart". Same tire, different part number in walmarts system. The site said there was 4 left. Called and talked to a US representative, they refused to price match because it was a different part number. I asked to escalate the issue, she said sorry, nothing can be done. I may try calling again tonight to get someone else. I'm losing motivation at this point though.
*EVERYONE* Please include MPSS or SC2 in every comment so we know WTF you are trying to buy.

*@Ryan P , There are 4 NON-OEM tires in 305/30 19 SC2. These are NOT the OEM tires that were massively on sale. You could run those instead of the OEMs but most people would want a matched OEM set to run on track.

Michelin makes TWO versions of the 305/30 19 SC2. Only one is OEM version. It is NOT in stock.

I understand from Michelin that Walmart is NOT ordering that tire anymore. (Called a TBR vendor contact with Michelin stock visibility).
Michelin is aware of the Walmart clusterfludge at this point, lol. Walmart is supposedly looking for any new orders of the SC2 and only those with previous cancelled orders *might* be able to get price corrections on an amount of tires as were cancelled. I was told explicitly that I am allowed (2) price corrections for the 2 cancelled, but if I order 6 more tires the other 4 would be current price. Anyone that has pulled off a NEW MPSS order and gotten a price adjust to old price should consider themselves very lucky.
Basically, the party is over/winding down and they are in full damage control.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
*EVERYONE* Please include MPSS or SC2 in every comment so we know WTF you are trying to buy.

*@Ryan P , There are 4 NON-OEM tires in 305/30 19 SC2. These are NOT the OEM tires that were massively on sale. You could run those instead of the OEMs but most people would want a matched OEM set to run on track.

Michelin makes TWO versions of the 305/30 19 SC2. Only one is OEM version. It is NOT in stock.

I understand from Michelin that Walmart is NOT ordering that tire anymore. (Called a TBR vendor contact with Michelin stock visibility).
Michelin is aware of the Walmart clusterfludge at this point, lol. Walmart is supposedly looking for any new orders of the SC2 and only those with previous cancelled orders *might* be able to get price corrections on an amount of tires as were cancelled. I was told explicitly that I am allowed (2) price corrections for the 2 cancelled, but if I order 6 more tires the other 4 would be current price. Anyone that has pulled off a NEW MPSS order and gotten a price adjust to old price should consider themselves very lucky.
Basically, the party is over/winding down and they are in full damage control.
Would be interested to know what happened inside the Walmart systems that caused all this. Did your contact have any info on how many tires were purchased?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Would be interested to know what happened inside the Walmart systems that caused all this. Did your contact have any info on how many tires were purchased?
The TBR guy works as a buyer for a franchise chain and can check Michelin stock somehow. All I can say.
Issue was simply Walmart moving old stock out and we went ape shit buying faster then they could account for all old stock being sold. Nothing complicated.

Sponsored

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
The second MPSS 295 showed up in front of my garage this morning. No knock on the door to let me know it was here. Same tracking number that was on the other one and still not "in UPS format" as before.

My Walmart account still shows the two rear tires as cancelled.

Last edited:

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Holy shit...

That took an hour on the phone, but i finally got my rear MPSS at the cost i was promised by no less than 3 people.

First person (could barely understand) was not having it, until i told her i had a screenshot of chat telling me the price would be given(thank god for good ole daniel p). Except she said she couldn’t discount something that wasn’t ordered and was such a bitch she wouldn’t give me 30 seconds to checkout...i had them in my cart ready to go.

Call right back to get another poor English speaking person...she tells me no time and time again...even though i just ordered $850 worth or 2 tires. She also claims there are no notes on my account and basically just told me to call back and hope i don’t reach her ass.

3rd time’s a charm as i get a person who speaks plainly and understands i was told by 3 people i’d get it this way, did have notes on my account, and she escalates me up the chain...transfers me to one last person, who is also speaking good English, and this girl has me on hold awhile but gets the job done.

If you don’t have a note on your account or a screenshot or an email...i might not bother. Unless of course you enjoy jumping through hoops or are just old school like me and don’t enjoy being lied to.

Good luck fellas, time for a :cheers:

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Boys it must is Christmas!!! I just so happened decided to check to see if my rear tires were available and low and behold there they were like to kittens in a pet store. So I grabbed them and called CS Rep and had them adjust the price while I was on them the phone as stated in the sales price and we are good to go.

*******Fortunately, I didn't depend on the Walmart product alert or I would have never none. Funny thing is the CS Rep added me to the alert as well *************

Keep checking guys!!!

I wish everyone good luck!!!:cheers:

Ryan P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jap Crap

I don't have a GT350, these are for a GT running a 19x11 square set up so it doesn't really matter to me if they are the "special" Mustang SC2. On that note though, I don't believe that there is a special SC2 for the GT350. Tire Rack and also Michelin's own site show two version for this tire in this size. One has a different load rating, and it was designed for Porsche (designated by the "N0"). Are you saying there is a third version?

Regardless, the issue on Walmarts site, at least for the 305/30R19 tire, was that the tire was sold by a third party, hence a different part number. The part number I found after the fact was the same tire, but fulfilled by Walmart. Unfortunately for me, because my original order was for the tire sold by the third party, Walmart would not honor the price. Total bullshit, but it is what it is.

Out of curiosity, to the few that are finding these back in stock and getting the price matches, are they sold and shipped by Walmart? Furthermore, was your original order the same?

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Just spent 57 minutes on the phone with Walmart. Got elevated to tier 2, then on up to a manager. The notes on my file showed him that they had in fact matched the price for the 295s MPSS tires but said nothing about the 305s. After much debate he offered me $100 off on each tire. Some more back and forth and I got them for $128 each all inclusive. It was all very friendly and we spent about 10 minutes talking Shelby Mustangs with him looking up pictures of the car and info on the Voodoo engine while we talked.

I now have an email from Walmart confirming the price reduction for the 305s and they should arrive by December 22nd.

Time well spent.
Sponsored