Sponsored

Noob questions for the Autocrossers - 2nd gear torque and tires in the backseat?

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I definitely need to mess around with the 305s in the trunk. One in spare tire well but I think it's too tight to squeeze one in above it or next to it.

Anyone have bags big enough to fit 305s in? My tirerack tire carriers don't fit and I'm not sure that 55 gallon trash bags will swallow them either.
If you cannot find bags big enough you might consider wrapping the tread with pallet wrap like the Mod class guys do. At least it will keep the dirt from the tread contained which as I recall is most of what the TireRack carriers do. I use "drop cloths" to protect the seats when I take tires to/from a tire store. Plastic bags make it hard to hold on to these big heavy wheel/tire assemblies.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
i use these:
https://www.blackwatchracing.com/Tire-Warmer-Bag-p/1058.htm

fred has stopped making them for periods of time over the years, but demand keeps bringing them back. they're effectively pizza bags for your tires (same material/insulation inside). had mine since 2009; still going strong for both keeping the heat in between runs, and transporting them to/from events without creating a big mess.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I did the drop cloth & tire wrap with the FoRS, never really thought of wrapping the tire with pallet wrap, doh.

I didn't realize the Blackwatch bags doubled as carry bags, neat.

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I did the drop cloth & tire wrap with the FoRS, never really thought of wrapping the tire with pallet wrap, doh.

I didn't realize the Blackwatch bags doubled as carry bags, neat.
Here is a new source of tire blankets. Minor modification might make them decent carrier/protect the upholstery covers.

https://sites.google.com/view/rcxtireblankets

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Funny I just came across this thread...

I had to fit 4 19" tires into the Mustang this morning so I can get them mounted after work..definitely takes some creativity - and that's just tires, no wheels. I think wheel covers/blankets are def a good idea and possibly take out the rear seat?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Funny I just came across this thread...

I had to fit 4 19" tires into the Mustang this morning so I can get them mounted after work..definitely takes some creativity - and that's just tires, no wheels. I think wheel covers/blankets are def a good idea and possibly take out the rear seat?
Put one in the trunk, why do you want to fit all of them on the rear seat ?

I have tire rack wheels totes (I think that's how they call them) - they're ok, but one is already torn by wrapped tire dropped on a concrete.

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
305/30-19's here. One in the trunk, two in the back seats, one riding shotgun. The looks you get on the road are solid gold.
Yeah, been there lol.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
i can fit (3) 335/30R18 on 18x12 wheels in the backseat - and on 13s with the rear seat delete. there's more room back there than you think ;)

.. unless you're doing it for ease/simplicity. in that case, carry on - sometimes i don't wanna shoehorn everything into the backseat either and buckle up my rubber passenger, too :D

Sledgeyj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT PP
Backseat

I am able to get 19" wheels with (2) 255's and (2) 305's in trunk back seat. I take out the trunk floor panel and put one of the 255's in the spare tire well, another on top of that and then fold down the back seat. Put the 2 remaining tires there, no problem.
Sponsored