Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Got my oil changed. This is the 2nd one since buying the car new 15 months ago.

Dealer explains they do not have the proper wrench to tighten the filter to the proper specs and I need to have the one Ford sent me in order for them to do it. :crazy:

So I run home and grab it for them.

After the $140.00 oil change :doh: mechanic tells me he noticed a small leak from when I had the 1st oil change last year. Had to clean up a bit of leaked oil.

I'm all good to go...

But WTF?? You need the wrench Ford mailed out to have an oil change done correctly on this car? lol

As far as I understood those wrench kits were only sent to recall owners. Which I was.

Anyone else experience this when getting an oil change?
Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Dealer explains they do not have the proper wrench to tighten the filter to the proper specs and I need to have the one Ford sent me in order for them to do it. :crazy:

So I run home and grab it for them.

After the $140.00 oil change :doh: mechanic tells me he noticed a small leak from when I had the 1st oil change last year.
More support for my refusal to let a dealer touch the car for general maintenance. The general incompetence coast to coast is astounding.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Anyone got a picture of this special tool for the oil filter?

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Thanks for the video. Now I know why I didn't get one. My car has a reusable shell with a replaceable filter inside. The shell has a large nut on the end to facilitate torquing it to spec.

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Got is inspected to run at MSR Houston next weekend. Brake fluid flush and good to go.

Sponsored

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Started on the ZL1 rear tow hook today... Rear belly pan and lower fascia needed to be removed.

Do yourself a favor and get a friend to help push down on the tabs to be able to pull off the rear lower fascia more easily.

(Invest in some good drill bits. The rear crash bar ate through 4 new bits.)

You'll need to drill a hole in the rear bumper for the access point for the rear tow hook (behind the license plate).

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Finally ordered FP front tow hook.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Found this video after a Caffeine and Exotics in August. Go to 16:14 in the video and my car comes up. Read the text over the screen. Lol. Stock exhaust with resonator delete. Fyi, there were no people hurt or crashes in this video!!!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Found this video after a Caffeine and Exotics in August. Go to 16:14 in the video and my car comes up. Read the text over the screen. Lol. Stock exhaust with resonator delete. Fyi, there were no people hurt or crashes in this video!!!
Ha!:ford:

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Nice! Best sounding car in the video.
Sponsored