Sponsored

Show me your Fore setup!!

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Exactly how does your led know the pump is actually working? !im assuming you'll tie it in so when the pump has power, andthat's what's lighting your led. Just cause the pump has power does not mean it is working?
True. I'm going to wire an led light simply to let me know that the hobbs switch has triggered the second pump and the FC3 is outputting power. Whether the pump is actually working is another issue. Lol
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why is everyone in fear of the pump not working in a staged setup, in a primary pump application the pump runs full time. A pump that is being cycled on and off under boost will have a far better life span than one that runs full time. The major issue I see being a problem is the wiring job bad connections and so on causing a failure.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Why is everyone in fear of the pump not working in a staged setup, in a primary pump application the pump runs full time. A pump that is being cycled on and off under boost will have a far better life span than one that runs full time. The major issue I see being a problem is the wiring job bad connections and so on causing a failure.

I just finished up my Fore system. I elected not to run the Hobbs switch on the triple pump setup. It was just one less thing to worry about. I don't think it's that much wear and tear to run the all the time for peace of mind. If it becomes an issue I will install the Hobbs switch later. I will know more about the noise and how it effects the regulator once it is finished and running.

There is some good information in this thread, thanks guys.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Guys that are running the Fore system is it true that u have to keep close to a half tank of fuel because of not using the venturi system??I have heard this from guys that track their car!!.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you are referring to the small pick up tube that attaches to the bottom of the fuel hat, the Fore hat works just like the stock one. That tube is drawing fuel into the pump from the other half of the tank.

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are referring to the small pick up tube that attaches to the bottom of the fuel hat, the Fore hat works just like the stock one. That tube is drawing fuel into the pump from the other half of the tank.

I think he is talking about the white plastic hat that goes around the stock pump that keeps fuel surrounding the pump when it is on.....

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I think he is talking about the white plastic hat that goes around the stock pump that keeps fuel surrounding the pump when it is on.....
You are correct. Wow are curious if the pumps will run dry under acceleration or hard cornering with less than half a tank of fuel.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
You are correct. Wow are curious if the pumps will run dry under acceleration or hard cornering with less than half a tank of fuel.

Cornering, yes. Hard accell, depends on fuel level. I always ran at least 1/2 tank at the strip in my 15 with an open hat. There are solutions though. You can run a surge tank and that will eliminate starvation due to G forces.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
I just finished up my Fore system. I elected not to run the Hobbs switch on the triple pump setup. It was just one less thing to worry about. I don't think it's that much wear and tear to run the all the time for peace of mind. If it becomes an issue I will install the Hobbs switch later. I will know more about the noise and how it effects the regulator once it is finished and running.

There is some good information in this thread, thanks guys.
That's a lot of unnecessary heat running all three constantly. Two constant, and 1 switched is ideal.. Two pumps can usually supply enough for 1k.

My last fore setup I was running 1 constant, two switched. Worked awesome. Lund agreed.. We were doing 16psi on stock bottom, Fuel trims always looked stellar.

New setup will be two constant, 1 switched. Haven't installed.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
That's a lot of unnecessary heat running all three constantly. Two constant, and 1 switched is ideal.. Two pumps can usually supply enough for 1k.

My last fore setup I was running 1 constant, two switched. Worked awesome. Lund agreed.. We were doing 16psi on stock bottom, Fuel trims always looked stellar.

New setup will be two constant, 1 switched. Haven't installed.
Mine drives around on the primary pump, and then the 2 Walbro 465's are fired on the Hobbs switch.

Sponsored

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine drives around on the primary pump, and then the 2 Walbro 465's are fired on the Hobbs switch.
This is my first PD supercharger. Will it constantly be in and out of boost? If so it would always be on/off.

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
This is my first PD supercharger. Will it constantly be in and out of boost? If so it would always be on/off.
You tend to get into a couple psi with regular driving, but the hobbs are set @ 5psi.

They're not constantly going on/off, but it's okay if they do. It's by design!

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Fore on this. They said one stock pump is about 60watts, running three is over 200 watts. They said this is extremely hard on the wiring. I will be installing the Hobbs switch. Thanks for the information guys. I thought I would share...

Glockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Auto

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
In the Z06 I run a triple pump into a -10 and then Y block to two -8s through the rails and then both rails into the regulator back to the tank in a -8.

1200 rwhp later I have never had an issue and all three pumps run full time.

I will probably do the Mustang the same way. I just ordered the Fore dual pump. Got the upgraded TI Auto F90000274 pumps with the FC3 controller.
Sponsored