Sponsored

GT350 CAI on the v6

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Has anyone tried using the GT350 air intake? I saw the install video for an ecoboost and it looks like it will fit the v6. Do you guys think there will be any benefits using it over other cai? Currently I have the JLT cai.
Sponsored

kodypiccirilli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Twin Turbo Mustang V6
Has anyone tried using the GT350 air intake? I saw the install video for an ecoboost and it looks like it will fit the v6. Do you guys think there will be any benefits using it over other cai? Currently I have the JLT cai.
I wouldn't think there would be any advantages from using that cai over any other aftermarket option

OP
OP
Fuse

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I was thinking that but I wasn't sure. It makes sense since we don't need a tune to run any aftermarket cai. I guess I was thinking that since it is oem it'd be better.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
No reason, factory unit is able to flow more air with a standard filter than your engine needs.

OP
OP
Fuse

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Yeah I've seen/read that the stock airbox is really good. I'll probably modify the JLT inlet tube to fit the stock airbox.

Sponsored

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Might as well just spend a fraction of that money on a velossatech big mouth inlet, makes much more bang for your money than a nearly identical thing to your current CAI.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Yeah I've seen/read that the stock airbox is really good. I'll probably modify the JLT inlet tube to fit the stock airbox.
How much of an increment on flow rate do you think the JLT inlet tube can make?
I'm sure ford engineers have done tons of fluid dynamic simulation and tests to optimize the stock inlet tube. But I doubt if the JLT people can even afford the license for a decent fluid dynamic simulation, let alone the access of the engine model from Ford.
Sticking the cone filter onto the stock tube makes more sense.

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
No reason, factory unit is able to flow more air with a standard filter than your engine needs.
Yes it's not restricting the maximum flow rate or the high rate region response the engine needs, but a cone filter or an oiled panel filter still run with lower flow resistance and thus faster flow dynamic than a paper panel filter. A cent is a cent.

OP
OP
Fuse

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I'd like use the velossatech inlet but I use the 50th anniversary grill and I haven't seen anything saying that they are compatible. Reason I asked about the gt350 cai is because there is a local selling it cheaply.

From what I saw when I compared the stock tube, the JLT tube diameter is bigger. I'm just trying to match it up with a bigger TB.
Sponsored