OP
OP
JCFoster

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Good news, my tires were out of balance. Our last road trip I felt a tire was out and stopped in Tn and had them balanced or atleast I paid to have them balanced and never felt a difference which made me think something else. I agree with cbrookre, these cars are sensitive to anything tire related, etc.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Good news, my tires were out of balance. Our last road trip I felt a tire was out and stopped in Tn and had them balanced or atleast I paid to have them balanced and never felt a difference which made me think something else. I agree with cbrookre, these cars are sensitive to anything tire related, etc.
Same here! I went through a couple of balance services, one was due to a weight being thrown, but even with that fixed I was getting some nasty feedback through the steering wheel.

Went to a different shop today, RoadForce machine, they found some notable balance issues, fixed them up - hit the on ramp to 95, ran it up to, umm, previously vibration intensive speeds :D Smooth as can be.

Thrilled it's not drivetrain related. :cheers:

FistLaw

FistLaw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' GT Premium Convertible
I bought her in Detroit and drove back to Dallas in one day. On smooth roads my friend and I both felt it and it seemed like the good was vibrating as well. We were moving at about 95mph so I figured maybe aero and I wouldn’t see the issue much. To date I’ve only noticed it 2 times since then but I’ve only put 9k miles on the clock.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I had slight vibration at 75-90+. Wasn't the steering wheel but whole inside of car. It was the drive shaft. Lots of slack in the U joint. Had it changed under warranty. Smooth as glass any speed. Also changed tires to Nitto 555 G2. That also helped.

gqneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP / Manual
I've driven 2 2015 Verts (I bought the second one I drove) and coming from a 2015 hardtop PP car, a few things hit you almost immediately.
1. the front end "cowl shudder" on bumps
2. the "floaty" soft nature of the stock non-PP suspension at high speed
3. the exhaust drone (even stock) at low rpm and idle/off-idle a lot of times (I carefully adjust my exhaust hangers to largely prevent this when I work on mine).

Both stock cars had these issues and I think it's just part of how it's built. I am considering a K-member brace to go under the engine compartment (BMR) to see if it helps but would love feedback from someone who's done it.

Sponsored

cheddarlump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 v6 vert
Same here, 2015 v6. 70-80MPH, tire shudder. Ended up replacing the factory tires after balancing them about 4 times with no resolution. I think these cars are REALLY prone to tire imbalance, and the resonant frequency of the torsional bend matches tire rpm at those speeds. Unless the tires are PERFECTLY round and balanced, it will just sing at those speeds.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
My '15 GT Premium Vert A6 had it. Known issue and there's a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) on it. My dealer applied the TSB, which calls for re-balancing the driveshaft or, if that fails, replacing it. The re-balancing worked, in my case. Car feels like I'm driving on glass...
Sponsored