Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
you can get forgestar CF5V's in 19x10 square that will be in the same weight range for about 1400 a set through forum vendors such as Paul. no need to spend 15-20% of the car's purchase price to get high quality wheels when there are multiple companies producing high quality wheels in the 14-1800 per set price range in similar weight ranges.
Even Paul will tell you the substantial difference in quality from an HRE Forged wheels versus a Spun Cast/FlowForm wheel. We make our own FlowForm wheels at a lower price point but at the sacrifice of weight and custom fitment options, so that would be the kind of comparison that you would want, but because the OP is asking for very lightweight wheels, that's exactly what we're showing off here.

Feel free to post a picture of your 19x10 CF5V on a scale, I'd be happy to battle it out over weights since you say they're similar weight ranges. I'll do you one better, I'll tie one hand behind my back and post up a 20x11, and you can post up your 19x10 to see if they're lighter than these. Seriously, go for it, I'll wait.

Here's a 20x11 R101 Lightweight at 19lbs:
gt4_r101LW_6.jpg

gt4_r101LW_7.jpg

:cheers:
Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
i don't have CF5V's because i don't personally like the way they look, but i was giving the OP options since your tone sounded condescending and snobbish like your wheels are the only quality option and you have to pay over 5k for a set of good wheels. Glad to see you confirmed that suspicion.

also, the wheels you were mentioning to OP were 22.2lb

"The above RC100 and RC103 wheels I can make in 19" and 20" as well. Here are some weight figures:

19x10 ET32 - 22.20lbs"

19x10 CF5V's are right at 23lb according to pics of them on scales on the 370z forum, but whatever.

FlowForm_Wheels

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hrewheels.com
First Name
HRE Wheels
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i don't have CF5V's because i don't personally like the way they look, but i was giving the OP options since your tone sounded condescending and snobbish like your wheels are the only quality option and you have to pay over 5k for a set of good wheels. Glad to see you confirmed that suspicion.

also, the wheels you were mentioning to OP were 22.2lb

"The above RC100 and RC103 wheels I can make in 19" and 20" as well. Here are some weight figures:

19x10 ET32 - 22.20lbs"

19x10 CF5V's are right at 23lb according to pics of them on scales on the 370z forum, but whatever.
I can understand you're pleased to see the wheel from an aesthetic perspective, but we should be talking durability and strength (essentially the quality of the wheel), which is extremely important for a lightweight wheel. No point in having a wheel on the car that looks good, but won't last over the first few potholes.

Since I've owned 2 sets of Forgestars myself I guess I know more about this subject then. Thanks for your input though. Previous to working here I was working for a vendor which sold Forgestar wheels. I did that for 4 years, so I have very intimate relationship with that brand until I moved over here to HRE. I'm sure you didn't know that, but yes, I do have some serious insight and hands on experience with both brands.

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Are the silver PP1 wheels also 33 lbs?
Yes they have the same weight, finish color won't change the weight.

We are very lucky right now as enthusiasts, there are a TON of lightweight, strong, and affordable wheel options out there. Our new SM-10 has some great features that help it stand out in the crowd a bit, including the knurled bead to prevent tire slippage and CNC sculpted "I" beam spokes.

42785126471_0901cfb8e6_b.jpg

- Cory

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Yes they have the same weight, finish color won't change the weight. - Cory

The silver PP1 wheels for the 2018 (Option 647) don't look anything like the normal PP1 wheels which is why I was asking.

Sponsored

Apex Wheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The silver PP1 wheels for the 2018 (Option 647) don't look anything like the normal PP1 wheels which is why I was asking.
My mistake, hadn't even seen that option yet. I was under the impression they were still offering the silver version of the black PP1 wheels like in years past.

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT
I went with VS Forged VS04. About 20 lbs each or just under. They offer them in 19 x 11/10 in a few different styles also, all about $600 a piece. If HRE offered 19” in the ff04 it would have been a no brainer, the VS04 were the closest match I could find.

Pulpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black GT