SYNC 3 swap, It's all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I am getting a weird issue on my base to sync 3 when taking phone calls. I will have music playing thru Bluetooth for example and will pick up a call the radio will take over the audio. So in the call I cannot hear the other person over the radio. Any way to fix this?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I am getting a weird issue on my base to sync 3 when taking phone calls. I will have music playing thru Bluetooth for example and will pick up a call the radio will take over the audio. So in the call I cannot hear the other person over the radio. Any way to fix this?
Did you keep your base model ACM? If so did you modify the ABD in the first line of the ACM? Spart posted a link a few pages back with the code needed. If the base ACM isn't programed properly it will cause your issue.

Last edited:

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Did you keep your base model ACM? If so did you modify the ABD in the first line of the ACM? Spat posted a link a few pages back with the code needed. If the base ACM isn't programed properly it will cause your issue.
I kept my base ACM and did not reprogram it. I will try that. Thanks!

Sponsored

Bonillan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just bought a 2015 GT with MFT and I intend to do this swap as my first mod to the car. I've read through just about every page in this thread and it all seems pretty easy, props to HextallS550.

Are there any tips for finding a good quality APIM and screen? LKQ pulls up no results for any of my searches. car-part.com has units but I'm not sure what ones are APIM&Screen or just the screen only.

I've read that you should get the VIN from the donor and add it to your online garage to get sync updates. Failing in that could one just put in any random VIN from the appropriate model and year?

famoussasjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I just bought a 2015 GT with MFT and I intend to do this swap as my first mod to the car. I've read through just about every page in this thread and it all seems pretty easy, props to HextallS550.

Are there any tips for finding a good quality APIM and screen? LKQ pulls up no results for any of my searches. car-part.com has units but I'm not sure what ones are APIM&Screen or just the screen only.

I've read that you should get the VIN from the donor and add it to your online garage to get sync updates. Failing in that could one just put in any random VIN from the appropriate model and year?

I found quite a bit on a different site, haven't had much luck with LKQ. Here's the link - http://car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi and make sure you're searching under "Info Screen (see also radio or heater/AC Control)" for a 2016.

I have a VIN for a 2016 on my Ford Owner, but haven't downloaded any updates from there besides the initial 2.0 update.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Finding a Touchscreen that’s in good condition isn’t hard. Call the salvage yard and ask for pics of the item in question. I’ve said this 100 times.. lets make it 101, CALL the salvage facility!!!!! Quit being lazy if you want this swap.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Finding a Touchscreen that’s in good condition isn’t hard. Call the salvage yard and ask for pics of the item in question. I’ve said this 100 times.. lets make it 101, CALL the salvage facility!!!!! Quit being lazy if you want this swap.
Most of these salvage yards arent in the 21st century yet and will not respond or dont get email leads so calling is always your best option. I went through probably 15 before I found mine.

badsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Would anyone install this for me if I paid labor? I'm tech savvy, but not car savvy. I have a 18 GT base.

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Would anyone install this for me if I paid labor? I'm tech savvy, but not car savvy. I have a 18 GT base.

I’d offer but a bit far from you. I’m sure a car stereo shop could easily do this especially if you get Hextall’s custom harness.

alex mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6 V6 Conv.
Base Radio 2016 To MFT 2015 ? Possible

Hello I am from Europe -

I would like to switch my V6 Base Radio 2016 Sync3 to the 8 inch display.
I have a premium Bezel and a 2015 MFT Dipslay and the head unit provided cheap. Unfortunately, I did not see enough and therefore bought a 2015 MFT.
which is not bad I am not concerned with the Sync 3 system I am more concerned with the nicer Bezel.
does anyone know if I get the MFT also connected in my 2016 V6.
can someone please help me which wiring I have to rebuild for the MFT.
and the 8 Inch Display
Please thank :clap2::clap2::clap2:
excuse my English

tom_hd02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I can help you with the installation, assuming it is the same process on a '18 as 15-17 models. I'm in Boston. No charge. I feel very grateful for all the forums members that helped me with my swap; the least I can do is to help someone else.

badsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hextall, would you install for me if I came to you? Columbus is not that far, and I would love this done...checked the prices from infotainment and 4D...just insane

badsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I can help you with the installation, assuming it is the same process on a '18 as 15-17 models. I'm in Boston. No charge. I feel very grateful for all the forums members that helped me with my swap; the least I can do is to help someone else.
That would be awesome. Boston isn't too far. I just have to figure out how to get all the parts, and we can set up a date. Thank you so much!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.