Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well guys, I finally got my VIN! 51 days until I join the master race!

Question, anyone else have "J" as their 10th character? That character represents the model year, and considering it's gone in alphabetical order since 2010, the letter for 2018 should be I... maybe they started doing 2019 orders already for even the non-PP cars?
Sponsored

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Well guys, I finally got my VIN! 51 days until I join the master race!

Question, anyone else have "J" as their 10th character? That character represents the model year, and considering it's gone in alphabetical order since 2010, the letter for 2018 should be I... maybe they started doing 2019 orders already for even the non-PP cars?
Pretty sure they skip "I" due to it being vague.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Yea we're all J's. I've got my VIN # memorized at this point. 1fa6p8cf0j5145585.

I just ordered my custom plates. 8-12 weeks for delivery.
Funny, I have a custom plate on my SHO but I have to come up with something clever for the Mustang since the current plate is related to the Taurus and won't make sense.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Maybe cause of magenride?? It was supposed to be on backorder.

I ended up getting the VIN yesterday and the 3/5 build date I wanted. My EDD is 3/22 which is a lit bit earlier than expected assuming it all goes to plan.
I don't believe Magneride was on backorder. I had been following the progress of a dealer order just in case my order took to long. It was just built on Wednesday and it has Mangeride.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Currently, my build week is 3/5, and my estimated delivery date is 4/8.
Are you in Northern or Southern California? Orders to California seem to ship pretty fast. My 2 previous orders shipped within days from being built. I had been following a dealer order that was built a few days ago and it's already on the train to California.

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yea we're all J's. I've got my VIN # memorized at this point. 1fa6p8cf0j5145585.

I just ordered my custom plates. 8-12 weeks for delivery.
I want to get one of those plates as well. How were you able to order the plate without the vehicle?

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
If you order custom plates it doesn't ask for a VIN # since they're assuming you have the car and you have to turn in your original plates when you pick the Vanity plates up from the DMV. Honestly if my plates get here right when my car arrives I don't know if I can pick up the plates without having regular plates yo surrender.

Hey could you give me that VIN # of the car you're tracking to California? I want to see if my car has a chance of getting here early.
Thanks. I was just wondering. I know when I ordered the Yosemite plates for my truck online a few years ago, I had to give my current plate number.

Sure. Here is the VIN: 1FA6P8CF1J5138399

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yea if I got the random numbers with the special interest plates it asks for a VIN #.

Dang that car will be delivered in 19 days from the day it rolls off the line.
Oh that's why. I used random numbers for the Yosemite plate. I bet that car arrives sooner than 19 days. Once it's on the train, it goes pretty fast. I believe the train goes to some rail yard in the east bay and then onto trucks from there. My F-150 took like 9 days for delivery after it rolled off the line. I'm hoping that will be the case with my Mustang.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Can I still make changes to my order? It says it's in processing. My EDD showed up for a few weeks as 03/25 and then it magically disappeared since last week ! I am having a itch to add Perf. Pack + MagneRide.
Mustang Order.JPG

Last edited:

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Can I still make changes to my order? It says it's in processing. My EDD showed up for a few weeks as 03/25 and then it magically disappeared since last week ! I am having a itch to add Perf. Pack + MagneRide.
I edited my car and the date it took was the day it was edited. So I'd be wary of doing it. I originally ordered on 8/9 but Ford said the order was made on 8/26(the day I edited it). I would ask your dealer if it'll change the EDD.

Sponsored

Cobra67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 GT Fastback, 67 Cobra, 04 Cobra Mustang, 18 GT
2018 GT Premium FB
Ruby Red
Showstopper Red Interior
401A
10-Speed Auto
Safe & Smart
Enhanced Security
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
Shaker Pro Audio
PP1 GT Performance Package

Cobra67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 GT Fastback, 67 Cobra, 04 Cobra Mustang, 18 GT
Order Date 1-3-2018
Have VIN
Showed EDD of 3-31-2018 then moved to 3-25-2018 Now EDD has disappeared.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I edited my car and the date it took was the day it was edited. So I'd be wary of doing it. I originally ordered on 8/9 but Ford said the order was made on 8/26(the day I edited it). I would ask your dealer if it'll change the EDD.
I edited my color and the original order date didn't change.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on the logistics and part availability. It could probably go either way.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
Put in an order Yesterday - wanted a long range cruiser that would be comfortable for DD duty.

Lightning Blue
GT Premium
6 speed
401A
Active Valve Exhaust
Safe and Smart
Enhanced security

Now the wait begins...
Sponsored