2018 Bullitt Mustang (and Features) Confirmed in Window Sticker

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
They will definitely have bullitt emblems.
Oh yeah--- LOTS of emblems.....:clap2::cheers::lol:

Door sills, steering wheel, passenger side badge, gauges.... maybe even the seat backs...under the hood.

Detroit should prove to be an interesting show.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
What is the appeal of this car?
Is the performance superior to regular GT's with Performance Package?

Is this so people can pretend to be Steve McQueen?
For me, I just love the Mustang Fastback in dark green. I had a 1967 Mustang 390 GTA Fastback in Dark Moss Green, I wish I never sold. I don't want the "Bullitt" logo crap all over my Mustang, I just want a dark green one I don't have to repaint or wrap myself. Unfortunately, Ford will never endanger their every so often cash cow to allow dark green on a "regular" Mustang.:frusty:

BTW, If I get a new Bullitt, the first thing I would do is remove and store as many of the logo items, replacing them with "regular" Mustang stuff. The fake gas cap would be the first thing to go!

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
Possibly more interesting for those who cherish the movie and its history is this page from the German Mustang website. If you click on the 'latest news' tab, you might find some very interesting telltales. (Thanks to Wolfgang and his crew)
http://www.ponysite.de/bullitt.htm

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Possibly more interesting for those who cherish the movie and its history is this page from the German Mustang website. If you click on the 'latest news' tab, you might find some very interesting telltales. (Thanks to Wolfgang and his crew)
http://www.ponysite.de/bullitt.htm
Sounds like they’re confirming the rumor that at least one of the Bullitt movie cars will be at Detroit too. I’ve heard the possibility that BOTH movie cars could be there. Either way it’ll be incredible.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
For me, I just love the Mustang Fastback in dark green. I had a 1967 Mustang 390 GTA Fastback in Dark Moss Green, I wish I never sold. I don't want the "Bullitt" logo crap all over my Mustang, I just want a dark green one I don't have to repaint or wrap myself. Unfortunately, Ford will never endanger their every so often cash cow to allow dark green on a "regular" Mustang.:frusty:

BTW, If I get a new Bullitt, the first thing I would do is remove and store as many of the logo items, replacing them with "regular" Mustang stuff. The fake gas cap would be the first thing to go!
Just put on a FP replacement back panel and you'll be logo less outside. Just need to worry about seats, steering wheel really.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Just put on a FP replacement back panel and you'll be logo less outside. Just need to worry about seats, steering wheel really.
Yep, I was just watching Bill on CJ Pony Parts do that to his new 2018. The interior stuff might be a little harder unless I want to replace the seats and steering wheel, kind of an expensive task, but cheaper than painting. Now it just comes down to whether they offer it with the 10 speed automatic or not. A bum knee means no more clutches for this Mustang guy.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I’ve heard the possibility that BOTH movie cars could be there.
That would be a massive breakthrough in regards to the owner of the first car. He has been extremely private about it for many years and has never even been willing to show it to anyone.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
That would be a massive breakthrough in regards to the owner of the first car. He has been extremely private about it for many years and has never even been willing to show it to anyone.
I don't get why some people are like that. Why buy it then never drive it OR show it off?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
From what I remember reading, the guy said he would consider showing the car if a Mustang museum was built. He’s since passed away but his family might be open to showing it under those conditions. And the Mustang Museum just broke ground recently, so the stars may be aligning.

Regarding the automatic, I think it’s likely. Between the leaked window sticker saying 10 speed on it (which I still think had some legitimacy to it) and the fact that lots of Bullitt fans are older, the auto could entice them out of their manual 01s and 08s. Plus it’s almost certain to ensure more sales success which I’m sure helped justify the weaker business case for doing another Bullitt.

gt4urass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
From what I remember reading, the guy said he would consider showing the car if a Mustang museum was built. He’s since passed away but his family might be open to showing it under those conditions. And the Mustang Museum just broke ground recently, so the stars may be aligning.

Regarding the automatic, I think it’s likely. Between the leaked window sticker saying 10 speed on it (which I still think had some legitimacy to it) and the fact that lots of Bullitt fans are older, the auto could entice them out of their manual 01s and 08s. Plus it’s almost certain to ensure more sales success which I’m sure helped justify the weaker business case for doing another Bullitt.
^That. I can't imagine them having that option listed on what is almost certainly a genuine window sticker, not to offer it in the end...
The biggest question I have, is what kind of performance bump will be offered? It's more or less a guarantee that there will be SOME form of performance enhancement, just dying to know what. I'm guessing gearing(as that notation is suspiciously missing):clap2:, a unique intake, and a revamped exhaust. Let's call it 475 :D
Sponsored