avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you optioned recaro's and spoiler it would be a later build.
Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Mine was last seen at Baltimore (and might be still there). ETA dealers 24/03
Mine is apparently on the same timescale despite being built on the 4/1.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Mine was built around that time (2nd Jan), but haven’t had any further update other then my original date of the17th March

Jim W

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.emco.co.uk
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 E63s AMG, 18MY GT Convertible
I ordered my 2018 Mustang GT Convertible at the beginning of December from Hendy Ford, Portsmouth. I received an e-mail from them on Thursday saying my car is due on the production line in the next couple of weeks, and he'll get back to me when the VIN has been assigned. So maybe I'll get it late April/early May?

This will be my 5th Mustang, and my first right hand drive. I think this could be the best Mustang ever. I went for a 10 speed automatic GT convertible in Orange Fury tri-coat. Quite a change from my 2012 Boss 302.
Update:
The dealer e-mailed the VIN to me this morning, and said the build date has moved to March. Nothing showing on Etis yet. I guess it should be early March and hope to pick it up on schedule late April/early May.

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was built around that time (2nd Jan), but haven’t had any further update other then my original date of the17th March
My eta was the 10th march/BD 4th jan
Was in sheerness port last week,pick up 1st March from dealer.
I would have thought all built around that time would have been on the same boat out of baltimore.Your dealer should know where it is at the moment.

Sponsored

angry343

A17GRY
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My window sticker has become live this morning! must be on schedule for build date next Monday 26th! Hopefully

Aaron Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have 2 on order, I will most likely sell my first order before it arrives, its GT Manual in orange fury with recaros, magnaride & custom pack 2. Its due for build on 02/04 however I have another one on order with everything the same plus rear spoiler, due for build 10/05.

Aaron Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
How could you have a build date in February,then its changed to April.Unless you've changed your order it doesn't make sense.I think they've messed up.My experience has been very good,ordered beginning of November,built Jan 4th,in the UK the last couple of days.If i had wanted the recaro's or built with the spoiler then it would have been delayed.I would consider going with another dealership,but you don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire.
No one has messed up, many cars have gone back, I have worked for Ford for over 12 years and many 2018's have been delayed slightly and this is purely because we are still in the initial launch phase of the 2018

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
No one has messed up, many cars have gone back, I have worked for Ford for over 12 years and many 2018's have been delayed slightly and this is purely because we are still in the initial launch phase of the 2018
Why have many cars gone back? Was an issue found with some? Should those who’s cars have not “gone back” be worried?

Aaron Borg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why have many cars gone back? Was an issue found with some? Should those who’s cars have not “gone back” be worried?
No issues at all mate, mine was ordered early September and not yet built, I have taken many orders and 2 of my later orders are built, with it being launch phase the dates will be all over the place but should stabilize soon. it could be down to flat rock and build slots bearing in mind the huge amount of LHD's for the us market are on the same production line. i'm finding cars with magnaride and recaros are taking a little longer. but i'm sure it will all be worth the wait.

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Had an email from my dealer saying that the vehicle is now in Zeebrugge. However ford have put a delay on 2018s as a tow hook needs to be put on.:shrug:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Had an email from my dealer saying that the vehicle is now in Zeebrugge. However ford have put a delay on 2018s as a tow hook needs to be put on.:shrug:
Gotta be able to tow the caravan somehow:lol::lol:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
"it has come to our attention that many owners from Bimmerland, and middlemanagementgotagofastland are unable to control these cars as it doesn't nanny them at every opportunity. As such, we're having to install towhooks on the cars for when these mongs crash the car. We're sorry that these idiots have bought your insurance prices up because they fail to drive"

(I'm joking, kind of, if I (a relatively inexperienced driver with no rwd or no forced induction experience) can get in a 310bhp rwd car that's not the easiest rwd in the world, and have still not crashed (Well, ignoring a gate and a pothole) or binned the car off, then anyone "should" be able to).

Fwiw, first I've heard of this towhook shenanigans. Sounds more like ford are holding back orders because they want the 17's to shift.

Ford, if you're reading. I'll take a My17 if you FI it, and put all my mods onto it that can be transferred... Oh, and you just take my EB as an exchange :lol:. No, didn't think it'd be up for a deal like that :lol:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
"it has come to our attention that many owners from Bimmerland, and middlemanagementgotagofastland are unable to control these cars as it doesn't nanny them at every opportunity. As such, we're having to install towhooks on the cars for when these mongs crash the car. We're sorry that these idiots have bought your insurance prices up because they fail to drive"

(I'm joking, kind of, if I (a relatively inexperienced driver with no rwd or no forced induction experience) can get in a 310bhp rwd car that's not the easiest rwd in the world, and have still not crashed (Well, ignoring a gate and a pothole) or binned the car off, then anyone "should" be able
Fwiw, first I've heard of this towhook shenanigans. Sounds more like ford are holding back orders because they want the 17's to shift.
I can’t see Ford forgetting to fit these at the factory, more like holding them up for a while to shift stock

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t see Ford forgetting to fit these at the factory, more like holding them up for a while to shift stock
I can... It's ford. Guy on one of my W/A groups was missing his glove box lock and a 'suit hangar thingy'.... MISSING! I didn't even know that sh1t could go missing.
Sponsored